For OFWs in the Netherlands who wish to renew or apply for OWWA membership, we got you covered. This article contains an in-depth guide for OWWA membership in the Netherlands, making the application more convenient for OFWs. We also encourage applying for OWWA membership to access varying benefits if you obtained employment via a visit visa in the Netherlands. So read on to learn the different application processes for OWWA membership in the Netherlands.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies ensure OFWs have legal employment and can enjoy benefits and assistance from OWWA.
In addition, OWWA members can enjoy different programs, services, and support, helping OFWs and their dependent’s careers and quality of life. Becoming an active OWWA member gives OFWs legal assistance and financial aid. OWWA also provides active members with different programs, such as livelihood, loans, education, training benefits, scholarships, repatriation, and reintegration. The OWWA membership also serves insurance for OFWs, providing them medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, OFWs in the Netherlands are encouraged to apply for or renew their OWWA membership to enjoy different benefits.
As stated on a Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in The Netherlands, here are the following requirements for OWWA membership application or renewal:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Company ID
- Copy of payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Application for Philippine insurance with employer’s signature
- Other relevant documents proving employment
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
- Proof of bank transfer or remittance for OWWA membership fee payment.
Although the services and programs OWWA provides are for the good of OFWs, not everyone can become a member since applicants should meet the qualification criteria set by OWWA. First, OFWs applying for OWWA membership should have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas. OFWs who have also acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment are qualified for the OWWA membership.
However, since an applicant should have active and continuous work to qualify as a member, the following individuals cannot renew or apply for OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in the Netherlands
Based on the website and Facebook page of the Philippine Embassy in The Netherlands, there is no available online appointment system for OWWA membership application or renewal in the Netherlands. But since the available details online aren’t updated, OFWs should contact the Philippine Embassy in the Netherlands.
Furthermore, the Netherlands is under the jurisdiction of POLO Berlin, which handles labor-related services for OFWs. The Philippine Embassy and POLO Berlin conduct a Consular Outreach Mission, which may require an appointment. So OFWs in the Netherlands applying via Consular Outreach Mission should contact the Philippine Embassy and POLO Berlin to book an appointment. For OFWs vacationing in the Philippines, you can book an appointment with DMW offices for the OWWA membership application.
Applying for OWWA membership in the Netherlands
OFWs in the Netherlands have varying options to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. And since there is no designated POLO in the Netherlands, POLO Berlin handles all labor-related services and concerns for OFWs.
In the posted advisory on the website of the Philippine Embassy in the Netherlands, POLO Berlin advised OFWs to apply for OWWA membership through email. But note that this procedure may or may not exist anymore. So you should contact POLO Berlin before applying for OWWA membership via email.
Another option for OWWA membership application is through the OWWA Online Membership Registration portal, which is only available for areas under the jurisdiction of POLO Berlin. But the most convenient option of all is via OWWA mobile app. Applying for OWWA membership in-app is easier since payment options are available.
Paying OWWA Membership in the Netherlands
While the details online for the OWWA membership application is very limited, we’ve gathered three ways to pay the OWWA membership fee in the Netherlands. OFWs in the Netherlands can process their application through email, the OWWA Online Membership Registration portal, and OWWA mobile app.
Once the applicant is approved, pay the OWWA membership fee by following the steps below:
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
- Secure the requirements for the OWWA membership application.
- Send a scanned copy of your documents to email@example.com.
- Wait for the confirmation from POLO Berlin that your application was approved.
- Once approved, pay the OWWA membership fee to OWWA with the following details:
- Account Name: Embassy of the Philippines-OWWA
- Bank Name: DEUTSCHE BANK AG
- Complete Address: UNTER DEN LINDEN 13/15, 10117 Berlin
- Bank ID Code (BIC): DEUTDEBB101
- International Bank Account Number (IBAN): DE61 1007 0100 0310 9808 00
- Then, send proof of your bank transfer or remittance for the OWWA membership fee payment.
Via OWWA Online Membership Registration
- Visit the online OWWA Membership Payment Registration portal.
- Fill out the required fields, including Personal Information, Employment Details, and Legal Beneficiaries.
- Upload your Proof of Employment and valid Philippine passport.
- Click Submit Application.
- Then, wait for an email confirmation containing the transaction number and payment instructions for the OWWA membership fee.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email as it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Additionally, the Philippine Embassy and POLO Berlin conduct a Consular Outreach Mission. To apply for OWWA membership on-site, contact POLO Berlin for more details on the Consular Outreach Mission.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in the Netherlands
For OFWs in the Netherlands processing their OWWA membership application or renewal, please take note of the following reminders below:
- There is no designated POLO in the Netherlands. So POLO Berlin has jurisdiction over the Netherlands and provides OFWs with labor-related services.
- According to previous advisories, POLO Berlin provides OWWA membership applications through email and Consular Outreach Mission.
- Since the Netherlands is under the jurisdiction of POLO Berlin, OFWs in the Netherlands can use the OWWA Online Membership Registration portal.
- OFWs in the Netherlands can also renew their OWWA membership through the OWWA mobile app.
- OFWs vacationing in the Philippines should book an appointment with any DMW office for OWWA membership application or renewal.
- Applicants visiting the Philippine Embassy and other government offices should wear proper attire. Also, applicants wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, or slippers won’t be allowed to enter the premise.
- If applying on-site, bring a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule, Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test within 48 hours from your visit.
- For more details and the latest announcements, OFWs should visit the websites and Facebook pages of the Philippine Embassy in the Netherlands and POLO Berlin.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in the Netherlands?
As of writing, there is no available online appointment system for OWWA membership in the Netherlands.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in the Netherlands?
You can renew your OWWA membership in the Netherlands through email, the OWWA Online Membership Registration portal, or OWWA mobile app.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in the Netherlands?
The OWWA membership fee in the Netherlands is US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online through the OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership will be inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: How To Pay OWWA Membership Using GCASH | How To Renew OWWA Membership
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, OFWs can renew their OWWA membership using the OWWA mobile app. Just register an account to renew your membership in-app. OWWA mobile app also provides OFWs with different payment options, from Over-The-Counter to banks and e-wallets such as GCash.
To sum up, OFWs in the Netherlands have varying ways to keep their OWWA membership active. For first-time applicants, you can also contact the Philippine Embassy in Netherlands and POLO Berlin for the specific requirements and latest procedures.
Philippine Embassy in The Netherlands
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Chancery Address: Laan Copes van Cattenburch 125, 2585 EZ, The Hague
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinTheNetherlands
Telephone Number: (+31) 70360-4820
Philippine Embassy in Berlin, Germany
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Luisenstrasse 16 10117 Berlin Mitte Germany
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinGermany/
Telephone Number: +49 (0) 30 864 9500
Emergency Hotline: +49 (0) 17 3521 5703
Fax Number: (030) 87 32 55 1
Google Map Location
Please check out this map location of the PH Embassy in The Netherlands: