The OWWA Mobile App is an online application created by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in order to provide easy access to existing programs and benefits of its members, check the status of the OFW’s membership if it is active or not, verify the employment contract and renew the OWWA membership online.
As an Overseas Filipino worker, it is good to have the app on your mobile phone so you can receive updates about OWWA such as new policies and other announcements.
For Android users, you can download the OWWA Mobile App here in Google Play Store. If you are using iOS, you can install it using this link in Apple Store. In this guide, we share the steps on how you can install the app and register your account in the OWWA mobile app.
In this day and age we’re currently in, technology has surely made it much easier and more convenient to connect ourselves to the bigger community, and with almost everything right at the touch of a screen, it’s definitely faster to avail of various goods and services that we can also share to our loved ones, wherever they may be.
Of course, OWWA did not miss this opportunity for an upgrade when they launched the official mobile app for all overseas Filipino workers or OFWs.
The OWWA Mobile App is an all-around application managed by OWWA to easily connect and offer their programs and services to millions of OFWs worldwide.
It can be downloaded via Google Play or App Store, for quick access to services and updates on programs of the office.
But most importantly, it also allows OFWs to apply and renew their membership to OWWA, hassle-free! And with a number of partner banks and institutions in the country, getting genuine Filipino service has never been this easy.
So whether you are a new or returning member, downloading the app should be the choice, and let this article guide you through.
In applying for either new or renewal of membership through the OWWA mobile app, keep in mind to include the following documentary requirements:
- OFW Data Sheet, which you can download and print at the official OWWA website (www.owwa.gov.ph). This is also similar to the registration page found in the mobile app, so if you plan on signing up through the mobile app, you may simply fill-up the form.
- Copy of your passport’s data page
- Proof of employment, which includes your employment contract and work permit
- A membership contribution of US $25 (or equivalent in current foreign currencies)
Installing the OWWA mobile app
For Android users, simply search for “OWWA Mobile App” on Google Play or click this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.owwa&hl=en&gl=US
For iOS users, simply search for “OWWA App” on Apple Store or click this link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/owwa-app/id1437249504
How to Register your account via OWWA App
Once you have the app installed, you can now register for a new account or log into your existing OWWA account. The main page will show you four major options: Login, Renew Membership, Hotlines, and Programs and Services.
- Select Login and input your username and password, if you’re already registered. Otherwise, click “Don’t have an account? Sign up here” and fill in the registration form.
- Once you have filled up and verified the information you have entered, tap “Register”. You will receive a notification confirming this, and your login credentials will be sent to you via email.
- Once you receive your login credentials from the email, return to the OWWA app and use them to log in to your account.
Verifying your membership through OWWA Mobile App
Once you have logged into your account, you may now access the information you have entered upon registration as well as your membership status.
- Go to the Information tab to check your membership status.
- If the indicated status is ACTIVE, the membership validity will also be shown.
- If the indicated status is INACTIVE, you will be given the choice to renew your membership. Simply tap “Renew Membership Here!” below your status to start your renewal, or go back to the main menu and tap Renew Membership. Prepare the necessary documents and fees as required in membership renewal.
How to Pay OWWA Membership via Mobile App
Paying for your membership contribution will direct you to a new window, and because most of your information has already been saved upon registration, you simply have to input your employment information before tapping “Submit”. As for the payment proper, you may pay your membership contribution in four ways.
Payment through LandBank/OFBank ATM
Being state-owned banks, Landbank and Overseas Filipinos Bank (OFBank) accept payments for OWWA membership.
- Select “LandBank/OFBank ATM” for your payment option.
- Input your LandBank or OFBank account number.
- Scan through the Terms and Conditions, and tick the box once done.
- Input the One-Time Password (OTP) that was sent to the phone number as registered in your account.
- Enter your ATM PIN and tap “Submit”. The page will show your payment info and confirmation if successful.
Payment through BancNet
For other bank account owners, you may also select your preferred bank under BancNet as your payment option.
- Select “BancNet” as your payment option.
- Select your preferred bank from the list of accessible banks and input your card number.
- Verify your information and tap “Submit”.
- Cash Payments – You may also opt to pay in cash via accredited payment centers nearest to you.
- Select “Cash Payment” as your payment option.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Review your payment information before submitting.
- Once submitted, print the transaction details and present it to the payment center for payment.
Payment through other Banks
Other bank account owners whose banks are not indicated in the prior list of options may select “Other banks” as their payment option, and select their preferred bank. Follow the succeeding instructions to be shown on the screen to finalize the transaction. The page will then display your payment information and confirmation should the payment be successful.
How to Confirming your Membership via OWWA App
Once you have paid your membership contribution, go to the Information tab of your account. Your membership status should indicate ACTIVE, along with an update on your membership validity.
This means that your payment has been received. You may also look into your payment history which shows your recent transactions and their corresponding OR number.
Features and Services of the OWWA Mobile App
The OWWA Mobile App allows its OFW users to avail of the office’s benefits, programs and service more quickly and conveniently. It also makes it easier for OFWs to access and update their information as members.
Access OWWA’s programs and services through the following in-app options:
- OWWA OFW Member’s Profile
- Employment contract check
- Membership verification
- Membership renewal
- Payment of membership contribution and other fees
- Payment history check
- Passport page
- OWWA project details and contact information
Video: OWWA Member Mobile App Guide
Check out this video clip which features an overview of the OWWA mobile app and how to use its features:
Remember that OWWA mobile app users must first register as new members before they can begin using the features and services available through the app. OWWA membership has never been easier. Download the OWWA mobile application now to avail of various benefits as an OFW member.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please check out these common questions and answers about the OWWA Mobile app for your reference.
1. What is the OWWA Mobile App?
The OWWA Mobile App is an easy and convenient program designed by OWWA to easily transact and offer their programs and services to OFWs worldwide. It allows OFWs to stay updated on the latest programs and projects by the office, check and update their membership, as well as avail of special services and benefits, right at their fingertips.
2. How do I download the OWWA App?
The OWWA App can be downloaded via smartphone at Google Play for Android users, or at Apple Store for iOS users. Simply search for “OWWA App” or “OWWA Mobile App”.
3. Is the OWWA App for free?
Yes, the OWWA App is free for download across all devices.
4. Is the OWWA App required to be a member?
No, you do not need to have the OWWA app to register as a member. However, having the app makes it easier and more convenient to check your membership status, as well as renew it when it expires.
5. What can I get from downloading the app?
Downloading the app allows you to check, renew, and pay for your membership in a few taps, as well as stay updated on OWWA activities and find contact information of OWWA offices should you need assistance.
6. How much do I need to pay to be an OWWA member?
To be an OWWA OFW member, a membership contribution of US $25, or its equivalent in current foreign currencies, is required upon registration. In the OWWA App, you may choose to pay for your membership either through bank payments or in cash.
7. Which banks can I use to pay for my membership?
Should you prefer to pay the membership fee through your bank account, the following banks are accepted under the BancNet option:
- Asia United Bank (AUB)
- BPI Direct BanKo
- Chinatrust Commercial Bank (CTBC)
- Citystate Savings Bank
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP)
- Enterprise Bank
- Entrepreneur Bank
- Equicom Savings Bank
- Luzon Development Bank
- Malayan Bank
- Philippine Bank of Communications (PBCom)
- Philippine Business Bank
- Philtrust Bank
- Sterling Bank of Asia
- Sun Savings Bank
You may also opt to pay through Landbank or Overseas Filipino Bank (OFBank) ATM by simply selecting the option in the “Payment Method”. For other bank account owners, you may select your preferred bank under Other banks and follow the proceeding instructions for payment.
8. Is the membership fee one-time?
No, the membership fee is valid for two (2) years, regardless of your contract period, employer, job site or recruitment agency, or any change therein. After two years, you will be sent a notification as well as instructions for payment should you renew your membership.
9. How will I know if my payment was successful?
To confirm the successful payment of your membership, your device’s screen will show your payment information after submitting your payment. An electronic receipt will also be sent to your registered email address to affirm confirmation.
10. Why can’t I register in the app?
Failure of registration may have something to do with missing information in your registration form or weak Internet connectivity. Otherwise, an alert notification on your device’s screen, followed by an email containing your registration approval and login information to be sent to you. The login information from your email shall then be your credentials when you log in to the app.
11. Are the OWWA app and Uwian Na App the same?
No; they are both OWWA-managed applications, but for different purposes. The OWWA Mobile App is the all-around application designed to easily access updates on OWWA programs and services and update OFW membership, while the OWWA Uwian Na App is created to offer assistance for OFWs who need to go back to the Philippines in this time of the crisis.
12. How do I check my membership status if I don’t have a smartphone?
Should you not have access to a smartphone, you may check and update your membership status online at https://owwa.gov.ph/. You may also visit the nearest Regional Welfare/Satellite office if you’re residing in the Philippines or the designated POLO office of your country of employment.
In this unpredictable, fast-paced digital age, almost—if not yet—everything is already in our hands, and OWWA services are just among these. You do not need to go crazy over long lines or so many steps for one transaction alone, because the OWWA Mobile App makes it so much faster, more convenient, and hassle-free to connect with OWWA’s programs and services.
The OWWA Mobile App also allows for millions of OFWs to easily maintain their membership and maximize the benefits of being an OWWA Member, ensuring that our hard work while being away from our loved ones is always paying off.
While this app is not a requirement for being an OFW member of OWWA, keeping this app handy is a great advantage as it helps OFWs and the Philippine government, through OWWA, get closer to building the nation together.
It also helps the Philippine government get first-hand feedback towards improving its programs and policies for OFWs and their dependents. And if we haven’t mentioned it enough, having the app makes it so much easier and more convenient to stay updated on your membership status as well as other OWWA updates.
Having been designed by Filipinos for Filipinos worldwide, the OWWA Mobile App attests to the Filipinos’ innate warmth and thoughtfulness, as well as the genuine service and Bayanihan spirit, now at the touch of our fingertips.