For OFWs in Prague, Czech Republic, renewing or applying for your OWWA membership grants you access to different programs, services, and support that can assist you and your families. Those who acquired employment via visit visas, you can also apply voluntarily for the OWWA membership to enjoy OWWA benefits and protection.
So whether you’re renewing your membership or first-time applicants, read our in-depth guide to learn the application for OWWA membership in Prague, Czech Republic.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration is a government agency mandated to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). They ensure that OFWs have legal employment and provide them assistance to assist with their lives and families.
Furthermore, OWWA membership protects OFWs from various forms of maltreatment by providing legal assistance for those with employer conflicts.
Registered OWWA members can also access livelihood programs, loans, education and training benefits, scholarships, and repatriation and reintegration programs. It also acts like an insurance policy, providing OFWs with medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, OFWs in the Czech Republic are encouraged to activate their OWWA membership to enjoy maximum benefits.
If you’re an OFW in Prague, Czech Republic, you should know that POLO Geneva no longer manages labor concerns in your area. According to their Facebook post, POLO Berlin now covers the labor concerns for OFWs in Prague, Czech Republic.
Thus, if you want to apply or renew your OWWA membership in Prague, Czech Republic, here are the following requirements you should comply with:
- Clear and duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet with worker’s signature and contact details such as employer’s full name and address
- For AKAP applicants: Present OWWA Membership or DOLE-AKAP application with employers signature and other proof or work such as Employment Contract, Work Permit, or latest payslip if available. For workers who cannot obtain their employer’s signature, submit a copy of the remittance receipt sent to your dependents in the Philippines.
- For Non-AKAP applicants: Copy of Contract or any proof of income
- Clear copy of valid Philippine passport
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate and bank or remittance fees
With its mandate to protect and promote the welfare of OFWs and their dependents, OWWA ensures its members access services, programs, and support that benefits their careers and life. But not all OFWs are qualified for the membership since OWWA requires its members to have active and continuous work and should be “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas. Additionally, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens with a full-time or permanent job are qualified to become OWWA members.
On the other, since OWWA only accept members with active and continuous employment, the following individuals cannot apply or even renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- Under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Prague, Czech Republic
Since POLO Berlin handles all labor concerns for OFWs in the Czech Republic, including the OWWA membership, the application process is the same.
As of writing, POLO Berlin doesn’t have an online appointment system for OWWA membership applications. But OFWs in the Czech Republic don’t have to visit the POLO Berlin office since the OWWA membership application is online.
Applying for OWWA Membership in Prague, Czech Republic
As stated on the official website of the Philippine Embassy in Berlin, OFWs who will apply for or renew their OWWA membership should submit a scanned clear copy of the stated requirements above to email@example.com.
But in another post, the Embassy also states that they have an OWWA Online Membership Registration. It’s a paperless transaction that allows OFWs to apply for or renew their OWWA membership at their convenience via mobile phone. Thus, OFWs no longer need to submit the scanned copy of their OFW Information Sheet via email.
Instead, OFWs in the Czech Republic can apply for their OWWA membership by following the steps below:
- Visit https://membership.owwa.gov.ph/.
- Fill out the Personal Information, Employment Details, and Legal Beneficiaries section.
- Upload a copy of your Proof of Employment (Employment Contract, Work Permit/Visa, Certificate of Employment, and Payslip).
- Upload a copy of a valid Philippine passport.
- Then, click Submit Application.
- Wait for a confirmation via email or text regarding your application.
Paying OWWA Membership in Prague, Czech Republic
If your application for OWWA membership from POLO Berlin is approved, you can proceed with paying the OWWA membership fee by following the instructions sent to your email. In addition, you’ll receive a transaction number on the first email sent to you by POLO Berlin, so ensure to provide an active email and save the transaction number.
However, ensure not to pay the OWWA membership fee until you receive an approval request regarding your application. You should also pay individually and not by the group to get your official receipt.
Also, if you need to update your employment details or passport number on your OWWA membership record, pay POLO Berlin at their DEUTSCHE BANK account. But if you pay the membership fee through payment centers using OWWA mobile app, you cannot update your details.
The OWWA membership may also vary from time to time due to the current foreign exchange rate, so inquire about the latest OWWA membership fee before paying.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To pay the OWWA membership fee, follow the steps below:
- Once you receive an email stating an approved request for the OWWA membership application, you can proceed with paying the OWWA membership fee.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee using the DEUTSCHE BANK account of POLO Berlin, or check your email for further instruction.
- Take a screenshot or photo confirming a successful payment of the OWWA membership fee.
- Next, send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for an email from POLO Berlin containing a copy of your official OWWA membership receipt.
- Contact POLO Berlin for an appointment to claim the original official receipt.
Reminders with POLO Berlin
To successfully apply or renew your OWWA membership from POLO-Berlin, please take note of the following reminders:
- The OWWA membership application is online for new and renewal at POLO Berlin. So OFWs don’t need to visit their office or send their requirements through email.
- Only pay the OWWA membership once your application is approved and process the payment individually.
- You can claim the official OWWA membership receipt at the Philippine Embassy in Berlin by booking an appointment with POLO.
- When visiting the POLO Berlin office, wear proper or smart casual attire. You will be prohibited entry if wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- Before visiting, check the 3G rule (vaccinated, recovered, or tested) of the Philippine Embassy in Berlin to ensure entry.
- Check the official website and Facebook page of the Philippine Embassy in the Czech Republic and Berlin, Germany, for the latest updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the FAQs below for more information on OWWA membership application with POLO Berlin:
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Prague, Czech Republic?
Since POLO Berlin has jurisdiction over OFWs in the Czech Republic, OFWs in this area don’t have to book an appointment and don’t have an online appointment system for the OWWA membership application.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Prague, Czech Republic?
To renew your OWWA membership in Prague, follow the application process of POLO Berlin.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Register and log in to the OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Prague, Czech Republic?
The OWWA membership is US$25.00 converted to Euro.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online if renewing your membership in-app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership may be inactive if the two-year validity exceeds or if you changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory for OFWs who processed their employment at POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW are members of OWWA since there is a qualification criterion for the application.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits can be availed by active or registered OWWA members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: HOW TO CHECK OWWA MEMBERSHIP ONLINE?
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, OFWs can check the status of their OWWA membership by downloading and registering an account on the OWWA mobile app. So OFWs can also check their details or renew their membership in-app.
To sum up, the OWWA membership will benefit OFWs and their families, giving them access to varying programs from financial and livelihood to education and legal protection.
In addition, OFWs in the Czech Republic can conveniently renew or apply for their OWWA membership at POLO Berlin since the application is online. So OFWs in the Czech Republic are highly encouraged to keep their OWWA membership active to access benefits.
Philippine Embassy – Prague, Czech Republic
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Senovazne Namesti 8 110 00 Prague, Czech Republic
Telephone Number: +42 (0) 22 421 6397
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinCzechRepublic/
POLO-OWWA Berlin, Germany
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Philippine Embassy in Berlin, Luisenstrasse 16, 10117 Berlin (Mitte), Germany
Telephone Number: +49 (0) 30 864 950 Local 301
For OWWA membership & welfare assistance: +49 1523 765 7614
Website: http://poloberlin.dole.gov.ph/, http://philippine-embassy.de/
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinGermany
Google Map Location
Below is the location of the Philippine Embassy in Prague, Czechia