For Overseas Filipino Workers who are wondering how to secure an OWWA membership appointment or how to pay for their OWWA account in Berlin, Germany, please follow the guidelines below on how you can keep your membership active. The POLO office is located in the same office as the Philippine Embassy in Berlin.
Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
The POLO Berlin office in Germany is the one responsible for handling OWWA transactions. So if you have any questions about the programs and services available to you, you may direct your inquiries to them.
The OWWA membership is a great program provided by the Philippine Government, ensuring the welfare of OFWs, from educational to livelihood programs, members can enjoy varying benefits. To avail of these, the OWWA membership must be active.
OWWA helps Filipinos working overseas through the membership program and other services. Thus, we encourage OFWs in Berlin, Germany, to be OWWA members and always renew their membership. And in this article, we’ll share our guide on OWWA membership in Berlin, Germany, so keep reading.
If you’re an OFW in Berlin, Germany, who wants to apply or renew your OWWA membership, here are the following requirements you need to secure:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of Proof of Employment
- Photocopy of Certificate of Oath and Identification page for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA Membership fee of exactly €22 or $25 converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate
- Proof of payment of OWWA Membership fee
Although OWWA aims to provide beneficial support and services to OFWs, there are qualification requirements that they need to meet to become members of the institution. The OWWA requires its members to be actively and continuously working and are “legal” or “undocumented” OFW acknowledged by POEA with valid work permits and visas. OFWs who acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens, are qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership.
However, since the institution only grants membership to actively and continuously working OFWs, the following individuals are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership, including:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Berlin
For OFWs in Berlin, you must ensure to renew your OWWA membership before or once it expires. As of writing, there is no appointment system for OWWA Membership in POLO-OWWA Berlin, Germany.
However, you cannot go to their office directly to process your OWWA membership since the application is online. In addition, for OFWs based in Russia, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands, you can also renew your membership at POLO-OWWA Berlin.
Applying for OWWA membership in Berlin
As stated on the official Facebook page of the Philippine Embassy in Germany, OFWs can renew their OWWA membership by sending their scanned documents to OWWA Berlin email. In another post, POLO-Berlin has provided a new online system called the OWWA Membership Payment Registration, so OFWs no longer have to send their scanned documents to OWWA Berlin email.
To apply for OWWA membership in POLO Berlin, follow the steps below.
- Secure the required documents, including the duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet.
- Scan the documents and make sure it’s clear and readable.
- Visit the online system at https://membership.owwa.gov.ph/
- Fill out Personal Information, including OFWs Foreign Address and Contact Number Abroad.
- Provide Employment Details including Employer Name, Address, and Contact Number.
- Enter details of Legal Beneficiaries.
- Upload the scanned documents, including the Proof of Employment and Valid Philippine Passport.
- Check I’m not a robot and click Submit Application.
- Then, check your email indicating that your OWWA membership evaluation will take 3-days.
- Wait again for the notification whether your membership application is approved, incomplete, or invalid.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA Berlin
Once your request for the OWWA membership application is approved, you will receive the OWWA bank account details to pay for the membership fee. Also, a transaction number is in the first email, which you will use to pay the OWWA membership fee. So make sure to provide an active email and copy the transaction number. Keep in mind, don’t pay the OWWA membership fee unless you receive an email from POLO Berlin approving your request to become an OWWA member.
It is also advised to only pay at POLO-OWWA Berlin bank account, DEUTSCHE BANK, so your membership and data are updated. If you pay via OWWA mobile app or payment centers in the Philippines, your current details won’t be changed, such as passport number if you have renewed one or employers’ data if you switch to a new employer. Moreover, ensure to ask current OWWA membership fee in Berlin since the foreign exchange rate changes almost monthly.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To pay for the OWWA membership fee, follow the steps below.
- After receiving an email notifying approval for the OWWA membership request, you can proceed with paying the OWWA membership fee.
- Pay the membership fee using the provided bank details of POLO Berlin.
- Next, take a photo or screenshot of the payment, proving bank transfer or remittance of the OWWA membership fee.
- Send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for POLO Berlin’s email, sending you a copy of the official receipt.
- You can claim the original official receipt for the OWWA membership at the Philippine Embassy in Berlin, Germany. Contact their office to schedule an appointment.
Reminders about POLO office in Berlin
Other than securing the needed documents, here are the following reminders that OFWs need to remember to apply or renew their membership at POLO-OWWA Berlin.
- The POLO Berlin office also has jurisdiction in other job sites, including Russia, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands, so OFWs residing in this area can renew or apply their OWWA membership at POLO Berlin.
- Renewing OWWA membership with POLO Berlin is no longer processed via OWWA email. The POLO Berlin office has a new online system where OFWs can request the OWWA membership renewal.
- Please make sure to secure the necessary and complete documents. Fill out the forms and check if the details are accurate. After compiling the required documents, scan them clear. Then, visit the online system of POLO Berlin and upload the needed documents. Also, ensure that your requirements are complete or it won’t be approved.
- Do not pay the OWWA membership fee without being notified by POLO-Berlin. Pay if your request is approved.
- The official receipt of your OWWA membership is claimable at the Philippine Embassy in Berlin, Germany. OFWs who want to claim their official receipt should book an appointment.
- OFWs should wear proper or smart casual attire when visiting the POLO-OWWA Berlin office. It is not allowed to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- Check the official website and Facebook page of POLO Berlin and the Philippine Embassy in Berlin, Germany, for the latest announcements.
Video: OWWA Membership in Berlin
For more details on OWWA Membership, please watch the video below:
If you’re looking for more ways to pay the OWWA membership online, this video will guide you to pay the membership fee online using GCash. To do so, renew your membership via the OWWA mobile app and choose Cash Payment on the method.
Complete the payment transaction and pay the OWWA membership fee in GCash by providing the reference number from the OWWA mobile app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about the POLO office and the OWWA membership process in Berlin:
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Berlin?
As of writing, there is no appointment system for OWWA membership applications in POLO-Berlin. However, if you plan to visit their office, contact them to schedule an appointment.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Berlin?
To renew your OWWA membership in Berlin, secure the necessary documents and meet the qualification requirements. Once you’ve got the documents, you have to fill out the required data on the new online system of POLO Berlin and wait for your application to be verified before you pay the membership fee.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
If you want to renew your membership online, download the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone. Sign up and log in to your account. Next, click Renew Membership Here and fill out the needed details for the transaction. Choose the payment methods and pay the membership fee.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Berlin?
The OWWA membership fee in Berlin is currently €22 or $25 converted to local currency based on foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay the OWWA membership fee online. If you’re renewing your membership via OWWA mobile app, select an online bank or e-wallet on the payment methods. You can also let your relatives in the Philippines pay the membership fee at the nearest OWWA Regional office or payment center. Just provide the transaction number to pay the membership fee before the time limit for payment expires.
6. Which bank may be used by OFWs and OWWA to pay for their membership?
To pay the OWWA membership via bank, OFWs can pay at Land Bank of the Philippines and ATM Bancnet members.
7. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years, ending on the date of the application.
8. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership will become inactive if the two-year validity expires. Another reason why the OWWA membership becomes inactive is the OFW work visa expires or switches to a new employer. Since the OWWA membership is only valid for two years under the same employer indicated during the application, if an OFW switch to work to a new employer in less than two years, their OWWA membership automatically becomes inactive.
9. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, OWWA membership is mandatory and acquired during the processing of employment at POEA.
10. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFW are members of OWWA. Considering that the institution has qualification criteria, OFWs who cannot meet them cannot apply for the OWWA membership. However, if an undocumented OFW wishes to become a member of OWWA, they can legalize their employment to qualify for the membership.
11. Do I need to renew my OWWA membership?
Yes, renewing your OWWA membership is necessary, packed with loads of benefits, from educational and training to financial loans. Also, being an OWWA member assures you that the Philippine Government can assist you during difficulties.
12. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
The varying benefits OWWA provides are accessible by active or registered members of the institution and their legal dependents. So the OWWA membership is essential as it qualifies you to receive support, services, and programs that the Philippine Government provides to OFWs.
The OWWA membership application in Berlin, Germany, is very convenient, allowing OFWs under their jurisdiction to renew their membership anytime and anywhere.
OFWs should also follow the application process and never pay the OWWA membership fee without POLO Berlin notification.
So if you’re an OFW in Germany or other countries handled by POLO Berlin, make sure to keep your membership active to access the benefits OWWA offers.
POLO OWWA Berlin
Operating Hours: 9:20am-4pm, Monday to Friday (By Appointment Only)
Address: Luisenstrasse 16 10117 Berlin Mitte Germany
Telephone Number: POLO: +49 (0) 30 864 95 0 301, OWWA: +49 1523 765 7614
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://philippine-embassy.de/, http://poloberlin.dole.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/PHinGermany/
Google Map Location
Please see the map location of the POLO Berlin office in Germany. It is located in the Philippine Embassy in Berlin.