For Overseas Workers Filipinos (OFWs) who are based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, can visit the POLO-OWWA Riyadh Office in Al Mutamarat in order to renew your OWWA membership. You will need to book an appointment at the POLO-OWWA office and pay the corresponding fees. Please follow the guidelines and requirements outlined here to make an appointment and renew your OWWA membership in Riyadh.
Please be advised that in order to enter the Riyadh office, you must have a confirmed appointment booking. Walk-in’s will not be entertained. This is to ensure that the OWWA staff can give you the proper attention and time needed for your membership renewal or application. The appointment request for the Saudi Central Region area can be found on this link – https://appoint.poloksa.com/services/1
Note: If you are based in other regions in Saudi, please read the following posts:
- POLO Al Khobar (Eastern Region) Office – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- POLO Jeddah (Western Region) Office – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are highly encouraged to become an OWWA member to acquire the services and assistance provided by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), which is mandated by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to protect and promote their welfare and dependents.
Through this institution, OFWs can benefit from different services such as financial assistance, educational and training programs, or help them on issues arising with their employer. That’s why, in this article, we gather the essential details for OWWA membership appointments and renewal in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
If you’re based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and you are not yet an OWWA member or your membership will soon expire, here is the list of requirements for OWWA membership application or renewal in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:
- Book an appointment through this link https://appoint.poloksa.com/services/1
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and copy of passport (showing the data page)
- 2 copies of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- 2 copies of the Certificate of Employment
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- Balik Manggagawa (BM) or Contract Verification fee of SAR 40 (New sponsor transfer)
- OWWA membership fee of SAR 94 (new applicants or renewal)
- Personal appearance only
One of the top qualifications to become an OWWA member is to document your employment or become a legal OFW. In addition, OWWA requires an applicant to be active and continuously working. Thus, the following individuals are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking on OWWA Appointment in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Since the POLO-OWWA office in Riyadh requires you to book an appointment, you must book ahead of your visit. If you happen to drop by without an appointment you won’t be allowed to enter their premises. Also, applicants who visit on their day of appointment are advised to come alone for their companions cannot enter the POLO-OWWA office. In short, applicants without an appointment cannot proceed with the process of applying or renewing their OWWA membership. After booking an appointment, make sure to take a screenshot of the booking confirmation details to present as proof of booked appointment on the day of appearance at POLO-OWWA office in Riyadh.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
For OFWs who are first-time applicants or renewing their OWW membership in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, here are the steps to book an appointment.
- To set up an appointment with the POLO-OWWA office in Riyadh, visit their official website booking page at https://appoint.poloksa.com/services/1
2. On the booking page, select OWWA services to apply for membership. For Contract Verification, select Booking for Company Verification. Also, there are other services if you have other concerns. You can also download the OFW Information Sheet in this section.
3. Click “Book Now” on OWWA services.
4. Choose the date and time you prefer, and click “Reserve”.
5. Fill out all the necessary details, including Full Name, Contact Number, Email, SAUDI AD/IQAMA, and CR Number for Company Verification.
6. Afterward, click “Confirm & Submit”.
7. Check your email for the booking confirmation.
8. Screenshot or print a copy of your confirmed booking with the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office.
Note: Bookings with incomplete details will not be acknowledged and deleted. Moreover, it is advised not to book multiple appointments and only one appointment per day. Otherwise, applicants who have booked multiple appointments will be canceled. Applicants should also bring an ID and the booking confirmation to enter the POLO-OWWA office in Riyadh.
On the other hand, booking for company verification will be deleted if the applicant does not provide the CR Number. The security officer may also prohibit entry to an applicant if they have booked an appointment that is different from the service they will avail. So make sure to book an appointment for the right service.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA Office in Riyadh
Once you receive an email notifying your booking confirmation with the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office, prepare all the requirements to proceed with the OWWA membership application or renewal. Also, ensure that you have complete requirements before submitting them or your application will not be processed by the officer in charge. You can also pay the membership fee on the day of your appointment with the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To proceed with the application, here are the following steps to pay for the OWWA membership fee:
- Come on the day of your scheduled appointment with the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office.
- Show the printed copy or screenshot of your confirmed booking appointment to the security officer to enter the premises.
- Present all the necessary and complete documents.
- Lastly, head to the payment counter to pay your OWWA membership fee.
- Claim the receipt of your transaction, and you’re now a member of OWWA.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in Riyadh
Apart from all the requirements and steps stated above, it is essential to take note of the following reminders below. Applicants should follow this list on their appointment day to ensure that their OWWA membership renewal or application in Riyadh will be hassle-free.
- Bring along complete requirements filled out with the correct details. Applicants who will submit incomplete requirements will not be handled. Thus, ensure that you have complete requirements before heading to the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office.
- Make sure to bring a printed copy or screenshot of your booking confirmation sent in your email. Applicants who cannot present a booking confirmation cannot enter the premises.
- Be sure to wear appropriate attire or smart casual on the day of your visit. Since the POLO-OWWA Riyadh is a government office, it is prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. Thus, applicants wearing improper attire cannot enter the premises even if they have a booking confirmation.
- Lastly, applicants should come at least 15 minutes earlier than their scheduled appointment. For OFWs who will bring their car, be sure to arrive earlier since the parking space is only limited.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the following questions and answers about the POLO-OWWA office in Riyadh:
1. Is POLO Riyadh under OWWA?
No, POLO and OWWA are two agencies under DOLE. OWWA is mandated to protect and promote the welfare of OFWs abroad, while POLO works as DOLE’s direct link to implement the labor laws and programs. However, these 2 agencies work hand in hand, so you can expect that there is a dedicated OWWA counter in POLO Riyadh office.
2. How can POLO-OWWA Riyadh help OFWs?
The POLO-OWWA Riyadh office primarily helps OFWs through the following:
- Employment Promotion
- Workers Protection- Mediation, Handling of Requests for Assistance, Shelter Provision
- Community Networking- DOLE/OWWA-Microsoft Tulay Project, Reintegration Preparedness Program Overseas Labor Education Program
- Provide Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)
3. Where is the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office located?
If you have been to the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office, they just relocated this July 1, 2021. Their office is now at 3267 Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Road, Al Mutamarat, Riyadh 12711 8103.
4. Can I book an appointment with POLO-OWWA Riyadh even if I have work?
Yes, you can book an appointment even if you have work. Since the appointment booking is online, you can easily book anytime. However, be sure to take a day off on the day you book your appointment. For appointment bookings, visit the POLO-OWWA Riyadh website at https://appoint.poloksa.com/services/1.
5. Can I pay the membership fee without going to the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office?
Yes, paying the OWWA membership fee can be done without going to the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office. Through the OWWA mobile app, you can process your membership application via mobile phone or desktop. Download the app, and proceed with the renewal of OWWA membership. Afterward, you can let your relatives in the Philippines pay the OWWA membership fee. They can pay at the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare office or accredited payment centers.
6. When can I become an OWWA member?
Whether you pay at the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office or online, you become an automatic member of OWWA after successfully paying for the membership fee contribution.
7. Does the OWWA membership expire?
Yes, the OWWA membership expires and only has two-year validity. The membership expires a day after you paid for the fee. On the other hand, OFWs who change to a new employer without exceeding the two-year validity will automatically become an “INACTIVE” member. Since the OWWA membership validity only applies to the same employer indicated on the application. So if you change to a new employer, even if it’s only half a year, your OWWA membership will automatically expire.
8. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Riyadh?
The OWWA membership fee is SAR 94, both for new applications or renewal.
9. Where can I apply for OWWA membership if I’m not working in Riyadh?
If you’re an OFW based in other countries, you can renew or apply for OWWA membership at the closest POLO-OWWA office. There are over 34 POLO offices throughout Europe, America, Asia, Africa, the Pacific, and the Middle East. So applying for OWWA membership is very accessible.
10. Does the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office process passport renewal?
No, the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office does not process the renewal of the Philippine passport. Their only duty is to protect, promote, and provide for the needs of OFWs across the globe. If you’re planning to renew your passport, you can visit the official website of the Embassy of the Philippines in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at this link – https://riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/.
Video: OWWA Membership in Riyadh
For more information about the OWWA membership appointment and renewal in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, check out the video below:
The video shows that the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office has launched a new website. Through this website, OFWs can check out their services and book appointments. Also, the video shows the step-by-step process for booking an appointment and the list of requirements. Thus, booking an appointment with POLO-OWWA Riyadh can be done anywhere and anytime.
In conclusion, the application process for OWWA membership in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is very convenient for OFWs. Whether you’re a first-time applicant or renewing your membership, there are different options to become an OWWA member.
Also, for further inquiries, you can contact the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office through their contact details below.
POLO-OWWA Riyadh – Central Region Office
Address: 3267 Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Road, Al Mutamarat, Riyadh 12711 8103
OWWA Riyadh Hotline: +966 50 285 0944
POLO Riyadh Email: email@example.com
OWWA Riyadh Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: https://poloksa-ph.com/, https://riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Polo-Owwa-Riyadh-2021-103598298509929/
Google Map Location
Below is a map guide of the POLO-OWWA Riyadh office. This is the new location of the POLO office so please be guided.