Be advised that the actual POLO-ERO office is permanently closed so the nearest location for you to inquire about OWWA programs is through the POLO-Riyadh office. Aside from this, there are also Philippine “Embassy on Wheels” outreach activities that are regularly held wherein the PH government goes to Al Khobar region in order to provide services. So this is another option for you to renew your OWWA.
Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
Please be guided on the steps below on how you can set up an appointment online or how you can take part in the Embassy on Wheels outreach events.
Note: If you are based in other regions in Saudi, please read the following posts:
- POLO Riyadh (Central Region) Office – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- POLO Jeddah (Western Region) Office – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
The OWWA membership is a beneficial program for OFWs working across the world. From training and educational services to financial loans and legal services, all of these are beneficial for an active OWWA.
That’s why if you’re working in Al Khobar without becoming an OWWA member or with a membership that will soon expire, we gathered everything to know about OWWA appointment and membership renewal in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
So to help you out, keep on reading to enjoy the benefits of becoming an OWWA member.
For OFWs based in Al Khobar who wants to become an OWWA member or renew their membership, check out the following requirements below that you need to comply with to acquire the programs and services of OWWA.
- Book an appointment at https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and copy of passport (showing the data page)
- 2 copies of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- 2 copies of the Certificate of Employment
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, indicating that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- Present Tawakkalna (Without Tawakkalna, you cannot enter the POLO-ERO office)
- Balik Manggagawa (BM) or Contract Verification fee of SAR 40 (New sponsor transfer)
- OWWA membership fee of SAR 94
- Personal appearance only
Applicants must be actively and continuously working to become a member of OWWA. OFWs are also required to become a “legal” or “documented” worker acknowledged by POEA with a valid work permit and visa. Furthermore, OFWs who acquired a permanent residency status in the country they are working in and still Filipino citizens can apply for the OWWA membership.
On the contrary, since OWWA requires an actively working member, the following individuals are not qualified to become an OWWA member or renew their membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Al Khobar (POLO-ERO)
The POLO-Eastern Regional Operations (ERO) office has officially closed its doors in Al Khobar. But OFWs based in Al Khobar and Saudi Arabia’s Eastern part can still acquire other OWWA services from POLO-ERO as they conduct an “Embassy on Wheels”. The schedules are announced on their official FB page, so make sure to check from time to time.
In addition, the POLO-ERO office is now on the same grounds as the POLO-Riyadh office. Thus, OFWs in Al Khobar can either process their OWWA membership at POLO-ERO’s new office or opt to book an appointment via Embassy on Wheels. For urgent concerns and inquiries, OFWs may also reach the POLO-Riyadh office.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
While the POLO-ERO Embassy on Wheels only conducts scheduled POLO-OWWA services at Al Khobar, as stated on their FB announcement OFWs are required to secure an appointment. To book an appointment with POLO-ERO, follow the steps below.
- Visit OWWA’s appointment site at https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/
- On the OWWA Office and Program Information section, choose POLO-Alkhobar office and the type of program to acquire, and then click “Next”.
- Select your preferred Appointment Date.
- Type in Personal Information.
- Then Confirm the Appointment.
- Afterward, check your email and take a screenshot of the booking appointment confirmation.
- Print a copy of the booking confirmation, and bring it on the appointment day.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Al Khobar
Once you have booked an appointment with POLO-ERO, you can directly pay the membership fee for renewal on the Embassy on Wheels. For OFWs who are first-time applicants for the OWWA membership, you may inquire at the POLO-Riyadh office, for further details as the Embassy on Wheels only offers a limited schedule and POLO-OWWA services.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
For OFWs renewing their membership, here are the steps to pay for the OWWA membership fee.
- To pay for the OWWA membership, be updated on the available dates that Embassy on Wheels will conduct services in Al Khobar and the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia. For the scheduled dates, visit the POLO-ERO official FB page at POLO-Eastern Region Operations, KSA for the announcement.
- Bring all the listed requirements above, most especially your Tawakkalna and the printed copy of the booking appointment confirmation.
- Lastly, proceed with the OWWA membership fee payment and get the receipt.
POLO-ERO Embassy on Wheels Services
As mentioned above, there are cases wherein the Philippine Embassy reaches out to Filipinos in Saudi Eastern Region through the “Embassy on Wheels” outreach project. Filipinos must check the Facebook Page of POLO-ERO to check when and where these regular outreach program takes place. Please follow the steps to guide you.
- Follow POLO ERO Facebook Page here – https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100069054581947
- Check when they will post the schedule for the Embassy on Wheels.
- Follow the instructions based on the status update of Embassy on Wheels.
- Go to the location based on the date of their visit.
- Renew and pay your OWWA during this visit.
- Note: Aside from the OWWA renewal, you may also inquire about labor and welfare cases, verify your labor contract, and other services from the PH Embassy.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA Al Khobar
Aside from securing an appointment with the POLO-ERO office or on the Embassy on Wheels, here are the following reminders during the appointment date, including:
- OFWs going to the POLO-ERO office in POLO-Riyadh must wear face masks and maintain social distancing.
- Ensure to bring a printed copy of the booking confirmation to acquire service on the Embassy on Wheels or at the POLO-ERO office. OFWs without proof of appointment won’t be allowed to enter the office.
- For OFWs who have booked an appointment at the POLO-ERO office, make sure to wear proper attire or smart casual on the appointment day. The office strictly prohibits wearing sleeveless, tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. So applicants wearing the following attire won’t be allowed to enter.
- When booking an appointment, make sure to book the POLO-OWWA service you need, or otherwise, the officer in charge will refuse service.
- Before your appointment day, please ensure that your requirements are complete. As applicants submitting incomplete requirements will not be handled.
- For other services related to DSWD, PAGIBIG, and SSS, OFWs can reach through them via their direct contact details and email addresses.
- For more details on the POLO-OWWA services that OFWs in Al Khobar and the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia can acquire, check out the latest announcements from the POLO-ERO office and office FB page and the Riyadh Embassy.
- Most importantly, OFWs should arrive at least 15 minutes earlier for their booking appointment. Failure to meet the appointment schedule will cause the cancellation of the booked appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the following questions and answers about the POLO-OWWA office in Al Khobar – Saudi Eastern Region Office:
1. What services does POLO-ERO Embassy on Wheels provide?
Through the POLO-ERO Embassy on Wheels, OFWs who in Al Khobar and the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia, no need to go to the POLO-ERO office in Riyadh to acquire the following POLO-OWWA services, including:
- OWWA Membership Renewal
- Labor and welfare cases
- Balik Manggagawa or Contract Verification (For Returning OFWs)
- Processing the submission of Job Order for Saudi recruitment agency and company
2. Can I renew my OEC at the POLO-ERO office?
Yes, you can renew your OEC at the POLO-ERO new office. Also, you may contact POLO-Riyadh for more details on the processing procedure.
3. Where is the new POLO-ERO office located?
As the POLO-ERO office stopped its operation in Al Khobar, you can visit their new office with the same location as POLO-Riyadh. The POLO-ERO office is now at 3267 Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Road, Al Mutamarat, Riyadh 12711 8103.
4. Can I book an appointment with POLO-ERO even if I have work?
Yes, you can book an appointment with POLO-ERO even if you have work. However, you must go on a day off on the day of your appointment schedule. So whether you’re booking an appointment with the POLO-ERO office or via Embassy on Wheels, you can book with no worries.
5. Can I pay for my OWWA membership without going to the POLO-ERO office?
Yes, you can pay for the OWWA membership fee without going to the POLO-ERO office or even at the Embassy on Wheels. Instead, you can download the OWWA mobile app and proceed to renew your membership.
Then, select the payment options and let your relatives in the Philippines pay the membership fee by providing them with the transaction code. Also, they can pay at the nearest OWWA Regional office or other payment centers.
6. When will I become an active member of OWWA?
Becoming an active member of OWWA is as easy as paying for the membership fee. After paying the contribution amount, you will become an automatic member of OWWA.
7. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Al Khobar?
The OWWA membership fee that OFWs in Al Khobar must pay is exactly SAR 94.
8. Where can I apply for OWWA membership if I’m not in Al Khobar?
If you’re not in Al Khobar, you can pay for the OWWA membership at the nearest6 POLO offices in the country of your location. POLO has over 34 offices across Asia, America, Africa, the Pacific, and the Middle East. Thus, applying for OWWA membership is made easy. Moreover, OFWs based in locations too far from POLO offices may renew their membership via the OWWA mobile app.
9. Can I renew my passport at the POLO-ERO office?
NO, you cannot renew your passport at the POLO-ERO office. Instead, you may renew your Philippine passport at the VFS PaRC in Al Khobar by submitting an appointment at https://onlineappform.passport.gov.ph.
10. Does the OWWA membership expire?
Yes, do membership that OWWA offers do expire. It is only valid for two years. However, if an OFW has changed an employer or has an expired work visa, their OWWA membership will automatically be terminated. Since the OWWA membership is only valid for two years if the OFW is still working for the same employer or company stated on the OWWA membership application. So if you have changed an employer, even if it’s only half a year, your membership will become inactive, and you have to renew your membership to become an active OWWA member.
Video: Update on SAS Express POLO-ERO Al Khobar
Here’s a video guide below which showcases an update on the POLO-ERO Al Khobar office being permanently closed. So let this be a lesson to all OFWs in the area to make sure you don’t visit this location anymore so as not to waste your time (and money).
To sum up, even though the POLO-ERO office in Al Khobar has stopped its operations, OFWs can still apply and renew their OWWA membership at their new location same as POLO-Riyadh.
However, since it will take around 4 hours to go to POLO-Riyadh via Route 40, OFWs renewing their OWWA membership can proceed with their membership renewal through Embassy on Wheels. Thus, the OWWA appointment and membership renewal in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, can be accessed in these two ways.
POLO-OWWA Al Khobar
New Office Address: 3267 Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Road, Al Mutamarat, Riyadh 12711 8103
OWWA Al Khobar Hotline: +966-54-566-49-64
POLO-ERO Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100069054581947
POLO-Al Khobar Email Address: email@example.com
POLO Eastern Region Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Map Location
Please note that the POLO-ERO office is no longer in operation. If you go to this office, a notice stating that POLO-ERO is permanently CLOSED is posted.The POLO-Riyadh office handles all of the POLO-OWWA issues in the Eastern region. Please note that this information has been updated.
If you wish to make transactions only in the ERO area, you will have to wait for the Embassy on Wheels outreach programs wherein POLO will be in a specific location at a selected date. So it’s good to stay update through their FB Page here – https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100069054581947