If you are working in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and wondering how to apply or renew your OWWA membership, please be guided that the nearest POLO office is located in Al Rehab District 6, in the same location as the Philippines Consulate Office.
Before going to the office, it is important that you set up an appointment beforehand. Please follow this guide as we share detailed information for the OWWA appointment and renewal in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Note: OFWs based in the Western Regional area of Saudi can visit the Jeddah POLO office for inquiries about labor as well as OWWA. This is the designated office handling Filipinos in this area. If you are based in other regions in Saudi, please read the following posts:
- POLO Riyadh (Central Region) Office – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- POLO Al Khobar (Eastern Region) Office – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) are highly encouraged to join the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). This is because OWWA provides different types of assistance to OFWs, their families, and dependents.
As per OWWA law, membership is mandatory – meaning that all OFWs should be OWWA members. This is to ensure that the welfare of every OFW is protected by providing them financial assistance in times of need.
Before you go to the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office to renew or apply for the OWWA membership, here are the following requirements you need to comply with to become an active member of OWWA, including:
- Book an appointment at https://sites.google.com/view/polo-jeddah/
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and copy of passport (showing the data page)
- 2 copies of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- 2 copies of the Certificate of Employment
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, indicating that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA membership fee of SAR 94
- Personal appearance only
On the other hand, if you’re a Household Service Worker (HSW) renewing your OWWA membership, here are the additional requirements you need to present during your appointment, including:
- Standard Employment Contract
- Copy of HSW Work Exit or Re-Entry Visa (if available)
- Copy of worker Iqama
- Copy of Employers Iqama or National ID
- Employers National Address
While OWWA is mandated to provide services and programs that can improve the lives of OFWs abroad and their dependents, the institutions require an applicant to be actively and continuously working. The applicants are also required to be a “legal” or documented” worker, with a valid visa and work permit listed under POEA. In addition, OFWs who obtained permanent residency status in a foreign country, and remained Filipino citizens, are qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership.
However, since OWWA only accept members who are actively and continuously working, the following individuals are not qualified to apply or even renew their membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking on OWWA Appointment in Jeddah and Saudi Western Region
If you’re going to apply or renew your OWWA membership in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, it is required to book an appointment ahead of your planned visit. As advised, applicants without an appointment, or who cannot present proof of their booked appointment cannot enter the office. Furthermore, OFWs should come alone for bringing companions is not allowed, and only the person with the appointment can enter the POLO-OWWA office in Jeddah.
Another thing, when you book an appointment, don’t forget to take a screenshot of the email that confirms your appointment booking. Without this, you cannot enter the office even if you have booked an appointment online.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
Whether you’re applying for the first time or renewing your OWWA membership in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, here are the steps you need to follow to book an appointment.
- Go to POLO-OWWA Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s official website at https://sites.google.com/view/polo-jeddah/
- On the upper part of the website, click the “Portal Page” button.
Take note that the Online Appointment system only pops up every Friday morning.
So on other days, it will be for “Request for Repatriation”
- Then, click the “Online Appointment System” on the Portal Page.
- Afterward, choose a time zone.
- Once a calendar is available, choose the time and date you prefer.
However, if there are no available calendars, visit the Portal next Friday.
- After choosing the time and date, enter your information, and click the “Submit” button.
- Check your email for the appointment booking confirmation, and take a screenshot.
- Print a copy of the confirmation email, and bring it on the day of your appointment.
The “Online Appointment System” of POLO-OWWA Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is only available every Friday. Thus, they require OFWs to only book one appointment for a day to cater to other OFWs looking for available appointment dates. Placing multiple bookings by the same person in one day will result in the cancellation of all appointments.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA Office in Jeddah
Once you receive a confirmation email for your booked appointment, you can pay the OWWA membership fee, on the day you go to the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office. Moreover, complete the stated requirements above before your scheduled appointment, for applicants with incomplete requirements will not be handled by the officer in charge.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To pay for the OWWA membership fee, here are the following steps that you need to do on the day of your appointment:
- Visit the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office on the day of your appointment
- Show the copy of your confirmed booking appointment to the security personnel.
- Submit all the necessary and complete documents.
- Head to the payment counter and pay for the OWWA membership fee.
Other fees may also apply if you acquired other documents, including the POLO contract verification and an OEC.
- Afterward, get your receipt, and you are now an OWWA member.
Reminders for POLO Jeddah Office Appointment
Aside from acquiring all the required documents and booking an appointment, OFWs should take note of the following reminders listed below to successfully process their OWWA membership, including:
- Keep in mind the “Book once only” policy in a day to avoid your appointment from getting canceled.
- The “Online Appointment System” of POLO-OWWA Jeddah is activated every Friday morning. So make sure to check weekly for the available calendars as you can only book an appointment once a week.
- Also, the services available for an appointment every Friday are for the OWWA Membership. OEC Verification, Labor Concern, and Verification of Documents.
- Always wear a face mask and maintain at least two meters of distance from other individuals.
- The POLO-OWWA office is in Building 5.
- The receipt of payment for the OWWA membership is handed out on the day of the application.
- Make sure to submit complete documents or your application will not be processed.
- On the day of your appointment, wear proper attire, preferably smart casual. The POLO-OWWA Jeddah is a government office, strictly prohibiting the wearing of sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. So applicants wearing the said attire cannot enter the office even if they have a confirmed appointment schedule.
- OFWs should come ahead of their scheduled appointment time to avoid parking problems or missed appointments.
Video: OWWA Membership Renewal in Jeddah
For more details on how to renew your OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As shown in the video, it is a must to book an appointment, to process the OWWA membership in Saudi Arabia due to the pandemic. The video also discussed the requirements that OFWs need to submit. Furthermore, the speaker discussed the employees who are not qualified to apply for the OWWA membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the following questions and answers about the POLO-OWWA office in Jeddah office:
1. What are the services POLO-OWWA Jeddah offers?
The services that the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office provides include the following:
- Labor Market Development and Management
- Reintegration Preparedness
- Community Outreach
- Worker’s Information and Education
- OEC Issuance
- Employment Verification
- Case Management
- OWWA Membership
- Welfare Assistance
- Repatriation Assistance
- Custodial Program
- Policy Advocacy and Labor Cooperation
2. Where is the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office located?
The POLO-OWWA Jeddah office is located at 4663 Fajr Street Al Rehab District 6 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia 21412.
3. Does the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office accept walk-in?
No, the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office does not accept walk-in applicants. You must book an appointment to receive service.
4. Can I book an appointment with POLO-OWWA Jeddah even if I have work?
Yes, you can book an appointment with POLO-OWWA Jeddah even if you are working, since it is an online appointment system. However, you must take a day off on the date you scheduled the appointment.
5. Can I pay the membership fee without going to the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office?
Yes, you can pay the membership fee even if you don’t go to the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office. You only have to download the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone. Create an account, and then process your membership renewal. Choose the payment options, give the transaction code to your relative in the Philippines and let them pay for the membership fee. They can pay at the nearest OWWA Regional office or accredited payment centers.
6. When will I become an active OWWA member?
After you paid the OWWA membership fee, you will automatically become an active OWWA member.
7. Does the OWWA membership expire?
Yes, the OWWA membership expires with two-year validity. However, an OWWA membership expires, once an OFW changes an employer, or the work visa expired even if the two-year validity is not reached. Since the OWWA membership is only valid for the employer indicated on the application. Thus, OFWs who change an employer in less than a year will become inactive OWWA members.
8. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Jeddah?
The OWWA membership in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cost SAR 94.
9. Can I renew my passport at the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office?
No, you cannot renew your passport at the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office. Instead, you may visit the Philippine Consulate General in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia official website at https://jeddahpcg.dfa.gov.ph/ for more details.
10. Can I renew my OEC at the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office?
Yes, you can renew your OEC at the POLO-OWWA Jeddah office. You only have to visit the “Online Appointment System” to book an appointment, only available on their official website every Friday.
11. Where can I apply for the OWWA membership if I’m not in Jeddah?
For OFWs who are not in Jeddah, you can apply or renew your OWWA membership at the nearest POLO office at your location. There are currently 34 POLO offices across Asia, America, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Pacific. Thus, you can process your OWWA membership application.
All in all, the OWWA appointment and renewal in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is very easy to process. OFWs only need to comply with the requirements, pay the necessary fees. Also, follow the reminders stated above to have a smooth application process.
Thus, whether you are renewing your OWWA membership or you are not yet an OWWA member, it is essential to keep your membership active to access the beneficial services of the institution.
Operating Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:00 to 5:00 pm, Sunday 8:00 to 5:00 pm
Address: 4663 Fajr Street Al Rehab District 6 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia 21412
OWWA Jeddah Hotline: +966 56 981 9720
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/POLOJEDDAHKSA/
- Labor Concern- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Verification Unit- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Balik Manggawa- email@example.com
- OWWA Concern- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries- email@example.com
Google Map Location
The POLO-OWWA office in Jeddah is located at the following map address below. This is also where the Philippine Consulate General office in Jeddah is located: