Are you wondering how to process your OWWA membership in Pakistan? If yes, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll share an overview of the application process for OWWA membership in Pakistan. This article is for OFWs who have expired OWWA membership to ensure access to OWWA benefits. Additionally, we encourage OFWs in Pakistan who have obtained employment via a visit visa to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership. We also added the contact details of relevant offices you may refer to for OWWA membership in Pakistan. So let’s get started!
But before anything else, let’s first talk about what OWWA is. Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is an agency mandated by the Philippine government to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency is attached to the Department of Labor and Employment and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) to assist OFWs worldwide. Through the membership program offered by OWWA, OFWs and their dependents can access services and support to improve their livelihood, well-being, and welfare.
Furthermore, OWWA can provide other help like legal assistance or cash aid for OFWs going through difficult situations, whether in their work or financial and health problems. Since OWWA ensure OFW’s welfare, the program they offer acts as OFWs insurance, assisting with medical and disability to calamity, death, and burial. Thus, OFWs in Pakistan who are not yet OWWA members or have an expired membership status should process their OWWA membership to access benefits.
If you’re renewing your OWWA membership in Pakistan or applying for the first time, here are the primary documentary requirements you should secure for the application:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to PKR based on the foreign exchange rate.
With its mandate to ensure the safety and promote the welfare of OFWs and their dependents, the services and programs the agency provides will surely benefit its members. But despite that, not all OFWs can become members since OWWA has imposed qualification criteria. OFWs can only become an OWWA members if they have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
Moreover, OFWs who acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and are still Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment can become OWWA members. On the contrary, OFWs who cannot meet or maintain the said criteria cannot apply for even renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Pakistan
At the time of writing, Pakistan doesn’t have an online appointment system for OWWA membership since this country doesn’t have a designated POLO. So OFWs in Pakistan may contact the Philippine Embassy in Islamabad regarding the application process for OWWA membership.
In addition, OFWs in Pakistan may also contact the Philippine Honorary Consulate offices in Karachi and Lahore. The nearest POLO offices that OFWs in Pakistan may refer to are in Riyadh and Beirut. These POLO offices conduct on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal, which requires an appointment.
Thus, you may contact the POLO offices to inquire if this process applies to OFWs in Pakistan. Aside from POLO, OFWs vacationing in the Philippines can process their OWWA membership at DMW or OWWA Regional offices. You may contact their office to inquire if an appointment is necessary.
Applying for OWWA membership in Pakistan
The official website and Facebook page of the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan doesn’t have any relevant information regarding the OWWA membership application. Meanwhile, they conduct a Consular Outreach Mission, where the on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal are often processed.
So we advise OFWs in Pakistan to contact the Embassy and their Honorary Consulates in Karachi and Lahore for more information. You can also contact POLO Lebanon and Saudi Arabia about on-site OWWA membership or process it at DMW or OWWA Regional office if vacationing in the Philippines.
Another way for OFWs in Pakistan to process their OWWA membership is through the OWWA mobile app. With this app, you can renew your OWWA membership anytime and anywhere. Just create an account and process your OWWA membership at your convenience.
Paying OWWA Membership in Pakistan
As stated, OFWs in Pakistan have two ways to process their OWWA membership, on-site and online. For on-site, you may process your OWWA membership through the Consular Outreach Mission of the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan, DMW, and the OWWA Regional office. Then, pay the OWWA membership fee on-site if you’re qualified.
But if you prefer to renew your membership online, download the OWWA mobile app. Create an account to process your OWWA membership. Under this process, you also have different payment options, including an online bank, e-wallet, and over-the-counter payment centers in the Philippines. Also, you can ask your relatives in the Philippines to pay the contribution fee.
But note, we advise inquiring with the relevant offices regarding the latest application process and requirements for OWWA membership before following the steps below.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Pakistan.
- Book an appointment for on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal.
- Secure the documentary requirements.
- Print or take a screenshot of the confirmation sent to your email as proof of the confirmed appointment schedule.
- Head to the designated application site on the day of your appointment
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim the payment’s official receipt.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email as it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Pakistan
Please take note of the following reminders if you’re processing your OWWA membership in Pakistan:
- As of writing, Pakistan doesn’t have a designated POLO. The nearest POLO offices that can assist OFWs are Beirut, Lebanon, and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- OFWs in Pakistan may process their OWWA membership through DMW, OWWA Regional office, OWWA mobile app, and Consular Outreach Mission by the Philippine Embassy in Islamabad.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test taken 48 hours from the visit.
- We recommend OFWs in Pakistan contact the Philippine Embassy in Islamabad and Honorary Consulate offices in Karachi and Lahore. Also, OFWs may request assistance for OWWA membership applications from POLO Lebanon, POLO Saudi Arabia, and their agency. For the latest announcement, don’t forget to visit their official website and Facebook pages.
Video: HOW TO KNOW ACTIVE OR INACTIVE OWWA MEMBER/ HOW TO REGISTER OWWA MOBILE APP
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, OFWs can check the status of their OWWA membership through the OWWA mobile app. It also allows OFWs to access benefits from OWWA. So downloading the OWWA mobile app and renewing your membership is highly encouraged.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Pakistan?
As of writing, Pakistan doesn’t have an online appointment for OWWA membership.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Pakistan?
OFWs in Pakistan may renew their OWWA membership through OWWA mobile app, DMW, OWWA Regional office, and Consular Outreach Mission conducted by the Philippine Embassy in Islamabad.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Pakistan?
The OWWA membership fee in Pakistan is US$25.00 converted to PKR based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
To summarize, OFWs in Pakistan should prioritize renewing their OWWA membership. So they can ensure access to varying OWWA benefits anytime they need. Also, since there is no relevant detail regarding OWWA membership in Pakistan, we advise OFWs to contact the offices to confirm the latest application process and requirements.
Philippine Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Zhou Enlai Avenue Plot No. 3-5 Diplomatic Enclave Sector G-5, Islamabad, Pakistan
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHInPakistan
Telephone Number: +92 333 1509891
Fax Number: +92-51 (8487513)
Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Karachi, Pakistan
Address: Office No. 301 JOFA Tower, SB 23-24, Main University Road, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Block 13-C, Karachi, Pakistan
Telephone Number: +92-21 (34820477)
Mobile Number: +92-300-0402664
Philippine Honorary Consulate in Lahore, Pakistan
Address: 3rd Floor, Aadil Hospital Building, Main Boulevard DHA Lahore Cantonment Lahore Punjab Province
Telephone Number: +92-42 (36667275)
Mobile Number: +92-300-8543237, +92-300-8546379
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 2nd Floor W. Building, Mar Geries St., Hadath, Baabda, Lebanon
Website: https://pololebanon.weebly.com/, https://beirutpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinLebanon/, https://web.facebook.com/pololebanon/
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
POLO: +961 05 953 523, +961 71 418 657
OWWA: +961 05 953 524
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday)
Address: 3267 Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Road, Al Mutamarat, Riyadh 12711 8103
Website: https: https://poloksa-ph.com/, https://riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Polo-Owwa-Riyadh-2021-103598298509929/
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
POLO-OWWA Riyadh Hotline: +966 50 285 0944