For OFWs in Oman, to become an OWWA member is not only essential but also beneficial for you, and your dependents. The institution provides varying services from Education and Training Benefits to Repatriation and Reintegration Program. That’s why all OFWs are encouraged to apply or renew their OWWA Membership at the POLO office in Muscat.
Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
The OWWA membership is a low-cost form of insurance policy for OFWs. With only a minimal annual fee, OFWs can avail of OWWA benefits which include repatriation and reintegration services, education and training benefits, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG premium share, SSS premium shares, and other member discounts.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a social welfare and development institution for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) that provides protection and advocacy services, as well as ensures their welfare and wellbeing. OWWA is an agency attached to the Philippines’ Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
OWWA aims to provide each OFW with a safe, satisfying, and productive life by providing the necessary services to promote their personal and socio-economic development. OWWA provides for the welfare and protects the interest of Filipino migrant workers and their families by promoting, protecting, and ensuring compliance with the rights and privileges afforded them under existing labor, social and economic laws.
And to make it easier for you, we’ve gathered everything about the OWWA Membership in Oman, so let’s dive into details.
Whether you’re renewing or a first-time applicant for the OWWA membership, here are the following requirements you need to comply with to become an active member of the institution, including:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- Photocopy of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Employment
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- Contract Verification fee of 4 OMR
- OWWA Membership fee of 10 OMR
- Personal appearance only
Apart from the requirements listed above, OFWs who are applying or renewing their membership should also meet the eligibility requirements set by OWWA. First off, the members of OWWA should be actively and continuously working and are required to be “legal” or “documented” worker under POEA with valid visas and work permits. Also, OFWs who were given a permanent residency status from foreign countries and are still Filipino citizens are eligible to become members of OWWA.
However, since OWWA only accept members who are continuously and actively working, the following individuals are not eligible to apply or renew their OWWA membership, including:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Oman
If you are applying or renewing your OWWA membership in Oman it is not required to book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA Oman office. As seen on their website at http://polomuscatoman.weebly.com/, they do not have an appointment system for the OWWA Membership Renewal.
Their office only provides appointment booking for OEC applications and Balik Manggagawa, which is applicable for undocumented OFWs and includes the OWWA membership as a primary requirement. So OFWs can go directly to apply or renew their membership at the POLO-OWWA Oman office.
Nonetheless, although there is currently no available appointment system for the OWWA Membership Renewal, there might be in the future. Thus, make sure to check the POLO Oman official website, their Facebook page, and the Embassy of the Philippines in Muscat, Oman official website at https://muscatpe.dfa.gov.ph/ for announcements.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Oman
Since there is no need to book an appointment to visit the POLO-OWWA Oman office, OFWs can walk in for the OWWA membership application and pay the contribution fee. OFWs are also advised to visit the office early, as they will queue for their turn. Furthermore, even though there is no appointment booking, ensure to check their pages and websites for any changes. You may also contact the POLO-OWWA Oman office for assurance via their contact details listed below this article.
How to Renew OWWA Membership in Oman
The first thing you must do to renew your OWWA membership is to secure all the requirements before visiting the POLO-OWWA Oman office, including the OWWA membership form. So follow the steps below to acquire the OWWA membership form.
- Visit the POLO Oman official website at http://polomuscatoman.weebly.com/.
- On the right side of your screen, click “OWWA Membership Info”
- Then, scroll down and look for the “OFW Information Sheet”
- On the lower left of the file, click “Download this PDF”
- Next, print the file and fill out the required fields, including Personal Data, Contract Particulars, Legal Beneficiaries/Qualified dependents, and your signature.
- Lastly, make two copies of the duly-accomplished OFW Information Sheet.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
After compiling all the requirements, follow the steps below to proceed with your OWWA membership application.
- Go to the POLO-OWWA Oman office.
- Wait for your turn, and present all the complete requirements.
- Pay for the Contract Verification fee of 4 OMR.
- Then, head to the OWWA counter and pay the OWWA membership fee of 10 OMR.
- Once you paid all the fees, get your official receipt, and you’re now an active member of OWWA.
Reminders during the Day of Visit to OWWA Oman
Other than the requirements and fees, OFWs should also follow the reminders listed below to avoid problems during their visit to the POLO-OWWA Oman office and ensure a successful application of their OWWA membership.
- Make sure that your requirements are complete and contain the right details before submitting them. Since applicants with incomplete requirements will not be handled by the officer in charge, to proceed with their membership application.
- The official payment receipt is issued on the same day of the OWWA membership application.
- OFWs going to the POLO-OWWA Oman office should wear a face mask at all times and maintain at least two meters of distance from other individuals.
- The POLO-OWWA Oman is a government office strictly prohibiting the wearing of sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. Thus, OFWs should wear proper attire, preferably smart casual. If the applicant wears the said attires during the visit, the applicant will not be allowed to enter the office.
- Another thing to do before you go to the POLO-OWWA Oman office is to check their official website, Facebook page, and the Embassy of the Philippines in Muscat, Oman, if there are announcements regarding the OWWA membership renewal. As there is no appointment booking as of writing, the application procedures change from time to time.
Video: OWWA Membership in Oman
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
The video shows how easy it is to create an account on the OWWA mobile app. OFWs can also check their membership status via the app and even renew their membership by clicking “Renew Membership Here!” Furthermore, OFWs can edit and add dependents through the “Beneficiary Data”. So the OWWA mobile app is a convenient way to renew OWWA membership for OFWs in Oman.
Frequently Asked Questions
Be guided on these common questions and answers you may have if you decide to renew your membership at the POLO Muscat, Oman office:
1. Do I need an OWWA membership?
Yes, all OFWs need an OWWA membership, and it’s mandatory. Moreover, it can help you if you encounter any problems in your work or other assistance that can benefit you and your dependents.
2. What is the purpose of OWWA membership?
OWWA membership is a program provided to all documented OFWs, aiming to protect and promote their welfare, as well as their dependents. Active members of the institution can access varying services and programs from legal concerns to financial aid.
3. How much is the OWWA membership in Oman?
The OWWA membership fee in Oman is approximately 10 OMR.
4. Can I renew my OWWA membership at the airport?
Yes, you can renew your OWWA membership at the Manila International Airport at terminals 1,2, and 3.
5. Can I renew online my OWWA membership in Oman?
Yes, you can renew your OWWA membership online while you’re in Oman, and you have two options to do this. First, visit the OWWA website or download the OWWA mobile app.
6. How do I make an appointment with OWWA Oman to renew my membership?
As of now, there is no need to book an appointment to visit the POLO-OWWA Oman office. Thus, you can go directly to their office to renew your OWWA membership.
7. Can I pay the OWWA membership at 711?
Yes, you can pay the OWWA membership fee at 7-Eleven stores by using the OWWA mobile app to have a transaction code and head to any 7-Eleven store to pay the membership fee.
8. Who can avail of the benefits of OWWA?
While the services of OWWA are all designed for OFWs, not everyone can avail of the benefits the institution provides. Those who can access the benefits of OWWA are only OFWs with active membership.
9. Do I need an OWWA membership for OEC?
Yes, it is needed to have an active OWWA member to get an OEC. The official receipt for the OWWA membership is one of the requirements you need to submit.
10. How long is the OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years from the day of membership application was made.
11. Why is my OWWA membership inactive?
Your OWWA membership may be inactive if the two-year validity has already passed. Also, your membership will automatically be inactive, if you change an employer or your working visa has expired, even if the two-year validity hasn’t passed. Since the OWWA membership validity is only valid for two years under the employer indicated during the application.
12. How can I have an OWWA account?
You can have an account by downloading the OWWA mobile app and signing up for an account. Once your account is set up, you can renew your membership via the OWWA mobile app.
13. What are the OWWA benefits in Oman?
There are different services and programs that OFWs can benefit from OWWA Oman, including:
- Education and Training Benefits
- Pre-Departure Education Program (PDEP)
- Scholarships, Training, and Incentive Programs
- Workers Welfare Assistance Program
- On-Site Welfare Case Management
- In-Country Welfare Case Management
- Repatriation Program
- Reintegration Program
- Reintegration Preparedness (On-Site)
- Reintegration (In-Country)
The membership provided by OWWA comes with loads of services and programs that can benefit OFWs and their dependents. In addition, OFWs who are undocumented or renewing their OWWA membership can process their application by visiting the POLO-OWWA Oman office directly or via the OWWA mobile app. Thus, OFWs in Oman should always ensure that their membership status is active to access the OWWA benefits.
MWO POLO-OWWA Oman
Address: House No. 1045, Way No. 3015, Kharijiyah Street, Al Shatti Qurum, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
POLO Oman Hotline: +968-93557931
POLO Oman Telephone Number: +968-24605171
OWWA Oman Hotline: +968-79905211
POLO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/POLOmuscat
Google Map Location
If you are wondering about the location of POLO Muscat, please be advised of the map guide below: