If you are working as an overseas Filipino worker in Bahrain and you are wondering how to apply or renew your OWWA membership, please be guided that you can visit the POLO Manama, Bahrain office in order to pay and keep your account active. Please follow this guide as we share detailed information for the process of OWWA Bahrain membership renewal or application.
Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
As of the moment, there is no appointment schedule set up. But please bear in mind that it’s good to follow the official Facebook Page of POLO Bahrain in order to check if they conduct Consular Missions or if they update the system to get an appointment for OWWA renewal.
So if you’re wondering how to set up an OWWA appointment for membership in Bahrain, keep on reading.
Overseas Worker’s Welfare Administration (OWWA) is one of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) agencies that promotes and protects the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) throughout the globe and their dependents.
The institution provides programs and services that can help improve the lives of OFWs in the country and in abroad. From employment and legal concerns to educational and financial support, active members of OWWA can acquire varying benefits the institution offers. That’s why OFWs in Bahrain are encouraged to become OWWA members.
For OFWs based in Bahrain who are first-time applicants or with membership expiring soon, here are the following requirements that you need to comply with to become an active member of OWWA, including:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- Photocopy of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Employment
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- Contract Verification fee of BD 4
- OWWA Membership fee of BD 9.5
- Personal appearance only
While the institution provides beneficial services and programs to OFWs, OWWA has set qualifications for its members. First, they require all their members to be actively and continuously working. OFWs applying or renewing their OWWA membership should also be a “legal” or “documented” worker acknowledged by POEA and with a valid visa and work permit. Furthermore, OFWs who were granted permanent residency status in foreign countries, and remained Filipino citizens, can become OWWA members.
On the contrary, considering that the institution requires actively and continuously working members, the following individuals are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership, including:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Bahrain
Although other POLO offices require OFWs to have confirmed appointments to entry and service, the POLO-OWWA Bahrain currently does not have an appointment system for OWWA Membership Renewal. As of writing, there is no indicated need for an appointment to renew the OWWA membership as seen on the official website of the Philippine Embassy in Manama, Bahrain, at https://manamape.dfa.gov.ph/.
In addition, the POLO-OWWA Bahrain does not have an official website yet, so the Global Online Appointment System (GOAS) that you can see on the link above is only for passport acquisition.
In short, since there is no available appointment system for OWWA membership renewal, OFWs can go directly to the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office and queue for their turn.
However, there might be an available appointment system for the OWWA Membership Renewal in the future. Thus, OFWs must check their website and official Facebook page before visiting the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Bahrain
Since it was not mentioned on the Philippine Embassy Manama, Bahrain official website that OFWs should book an appointment to process their OWWA membership, they can directly head to their office.
Once at the site, you can also pay for the OWWA membership fee. However, OFWs are advised to come early as they implement the “First Come, First Serve” basis. But before you head to the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office, make sure to check their official Facebook page and website for any announcement.
How to Renew OWWA Membership in Bahrain
Before going to the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office, you must first secure the OWWA Membership Form, a primary requirement to renew your membership. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Download the copy of the OWWA membership form at https://manamape.dfa.gov.ph/images/2021/POLO-OWWA/OWWA_OFW_Information_Sheet_FM-MPC-OIS-D01.pdf.
- Print the file and make sure to write the accurate and complete details.
- Fill out your OR Number, OR Date, Validity, and Date.
- Next, fill out the Personal Data section, including your Full Name, Philippine Address, Contact Number, Birthdate, Highest Education Attainment, and Course.
- Afterward, fill out the Contract Particulars portion, including the Name of the Company/Employer, Address, Telephone Number, Jobsite/Country, Position, Monthly Salary/Currency, Contract Duration, and Name of Agency (if applicable).
- Fill out your Legal Beneficiaries/Qualified Dependents and signature.
- Lastly, produce two copies of the OWWA membership form.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
Once you have completed all the requirements listed above, follow the steps below to pay and renew your OWWA membership.
- Visit the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office.
- Wait for your turn, and submit all the necessary and complete requirements.
- Then, pay the Contract Verification fee of BD 4.
- Head to the OWWA teller, and pay for the OWWA membership fee of BD 9.5.
- After paying all the fees, get your official receipt, and you’re automatically an active member of OWWA.
Reminders during the Day of Visit to OWWA Bahrain
Aside from all the requirements above, OFWs who are renewing or applying for OWWA membership should take note of the following reminders listed below to ensure a smooth application process at the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office.
- Before you head to the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office, make sure that you have complete requirements. If your requirements are incomplete, the officer in charge will not process your membership application.
- The official payment receipt is issued the same day you applied for the OWWA membership.
- Considering that the POLO-OWWA Bahrain is a government office, it is prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. Applicants are advised to wear smart casual attire. If they wear the said attire, they will not be allowed to enter the office.
- OFWs should wear a face mask at all times and maintain at least a two-meter distance from other individuals.
- As there is no appointment for the OWWA membership renewal, OFWs should come early to avoid waiting in line for long hours. Also, check their Facebook Page and the Philippine Embassy website for further announcements.
Video: OWWA Membership in Bahrain
For more details on how to renew OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As seen in the video, inactive members of the institution can renew their membership through the OWWA mobile app. Click the “Renew Membership Here” button, and fill out the required information. Next, choose from the payment options from banks or other payment centers. Take a screenshot of the confirmed transaction and pay the OWWA membership fee at the payment center or pay online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out some of these common questions people have about the POLO Manama and OWWA renewal process in Bahrain:
1. Where is the POLO Bahrain office located?
The POLO-OWWA Bahrain is at Villa No. 939, Road No. 3220, Block 332, Bu Asheerah, Kingdom of Bahrain.
2. Can I go directly to the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office?
Yes, you can visit the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office directly. They accept walk-in applicants. However, make sure to follow the reminders above to enter their office.
3. Do I have to book an appointment with POLO-OWWA Bahrain?
At present, there is no need for you to book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office to apply or renew the OWWA membership since there is no appointment system for the said service. Nonetheless, if you’re planning to visit their office, make sure to check their Facebook page and the Philippine Embassy Website Manama, Bahrain, if an appointment system is already available for the OWWA membership renewal.
4. Can I pay for my OWWA membership without going to the POLO office?
Yes, you can pay and even renew your OWWA membership without going to any POLO office. To do so, download the OWWA mobile app on your mobile device. Create an account, and proceed to the OWWA membership renewal. Fill out the needed details, and choose the payment options. Then, provide the transaction code to your relatives in the Philippines and let them pay it at the payment center. You can opt from payment centers or the nearest OWWA Regional office for ease of payment.
5. When will I become an OWWA member?
The OWWA membership will automatically take effect once the contribution amount has been paid.
6. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Bahrain?
The OWWA membership fee in Bahrain is approximately BD 9.5.
7. Does the OWWA membership expire?
Yes, the OWWA membership will expire in two years. Nonetheless, the OWWA membership will become inactive if the OFW changed an employer or their working visa expired. By reason that the two-year validity of the OWWA membership only applies to the employer indicated during the application. Thus, if you change an employer in six months, your OWWA membership will become inactive, and you have to renew it under the name of your new employer.
8. Where can I apply for OWWA membership if I’m not in Bahrain?
For OFWs who are not in Bahrain, you can visit the nearest POLO office at your location to apply for OWWA membership. There are currently 34 POLO officers across Asia, America, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Pacific. So you can easily apply for the OWWA membership. Aside from the POLO office, you can also opt to renew your membership via the OWWA mobile app, making it more accessible to process your membership application.
9. Can I renew my passport at the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office?
No, you cannot renew your passport at the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office. They are only conducting related services and programs that are beneficial for OFWs. Rather, you may visit the Philippine Embassy in Manama, Bahrain office website for inquiries or book an appointment at https://www.passport.gov.ph/.
10. What other fees can I pay at the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office?
Other than the OWWA membership and Contract Verification fee, you can also opt to pay for your PAG-IBIG and SSS contributions.
To sum up, the OWWA membership application process in Bahrain is quite accessible, and there is no need for OFWs to book an appointment to receive service. The OWWA membership renewal is easy to apply, and you can even pay for it without going to the POLO-OWWA Bahrain office. Just make sure to follow the reminders above when applying for OWWA membership.
In addition, OFWs in Bahrain also have a more convenient option to renew their membership by simply downloading the OWWA mobile app. Thus, OFWs in Bahrain are encouraged to stay active OWWA members to benefit from the services and programs provided by the institution.
Operating Hours: 8 am to 3 pm from Sunday to Thursday
Address: Villa No. 939, Road No. 3220, Block 332, Bu Asheerah, Kingdom of Bahrain
POLO Bahrain Hotline: 38072476
POLO Bahrain Telephone Number: +973-17740951
OWWA Bahrain Hotline: 38270741
OWWA Bahrain Telephone Number: +973-17721908, +973-34673268, +973-37258755
POLO Bahrain Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OWWA Bahrain Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinBahrain/
Google Map Location
The POLO Bahrain office is located at the Philippine Embassy in Manama office. Please check out this map guide for your reference: