If you are working as an overseas Filipino worker in Milan, Italy and you are wondering how to apply or renew your OWWA membership, please be guided that you can visit the POLO Milan office in order to pay and keep your account active. Please follow this guide as we share detailed information for the process of OWWA Milan membership renewal or application.
For those who are based in Rome, please follow this guide – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership in Rome, Italy
The POLO Milan office has set up an online appointment system where you can enter your details and book an appointment for your visit. This is needed for you to enter the POLO office. This method of booking a schedule is a lot easier and faster as you don’t need to wait in line for hours to get an appointment. So here are the procedures on how to apply or renew your OWWA membership in Milan.
Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
OFWs have a difficult yet fulfilling role, especially if it’s for the betterment of your family’s living conditions. Most OFWs also take a chance abroad to work harder in achieving their goals in life even if they face problems from their employers. Thus, we encourage all OFWs in Milan to become OWWA members, providing support and services beneficial for their welfare and dependents.
However, to become part of the institution, OFW should comply with requirements and eligibility criteria to become an OWWA. And to make things easy for you, in this article, we gathered everything about the OWWA appointment and membership renewal in Milan, Italy.
If you’re an OFW in Milan or based in Northern Italy, here are the following requirements that you need to secure to apply or renew your OWWA membership including:
- Book an appointment at https://bookowwa.timetap.com/
- Official payment receipt for the host country Social Security System
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- Photocopy of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Employment provided by the Company or Employer
- Photocopy of valid Work Permit, Residence Permit or Permesso di Soggiorno (Permit to Stay)
- Photocopy of Pay Slip provided by the Company, Employer or from the Recruitment Agency
- Photocopy of Oath of Allegiance for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- Contract Verification fee of € 13.00
- OWWA Membership fee of € 22.55
- Personal appearance only
The OWWA is a dedicated institution for OFWs to provide assistance and protection while working in foreign countries. The institution requires its members to be actively and continuously working and are “legal” or “documented” worker recognized by POEA with valid work permits and visas. Furthermore, OWWA accepts OFW members who gained a permanent residency status from the host country and remain Filipino citizens.
On the other hand, OFWs who are not continuously and actively working are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership, including the following employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Milan
Whether you’re a first-time applicant or renewing your membership, it is a must to book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA Milan office. Since the cases of Covid19 in Italy are continuously rising, their office has strictly implemented a “No Appointment, No Entry” policy for OFWs processing their OWWA membership and OEC, starting January 3, 2022. Thus, make sure to book an appointment before visiting, as the POLO-OWWA Milan office does not accept walk-ins. In addition, once you have an appointment online, don’t forget to take a screenshot of your confirmed appointment booking, as it will serve as your gate pass when you visit the POLO-OWWA Milan office.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
To apply or renew your membership at the POLO-OWWA Milan office, check out the steps below on how to set up an appointment.
- Visit this link https://bookowwa.timetap.com/
- On the upper right corner of the homepage, click “Login” to proceed. If you don’t have an account, click “Register”.
- Enter your email address, fill out the required details, and click “Register”.
- Next, click the button “Click Here to Set Appointment” and the location of the appointment defaults to POLO Milan. Click again “Click Here to Set Appointment”.
- Choose OWWA as the Agency and OWWA Membership for the type of Service, and click again the “Click Here to Set Appointment”.
- Afterward, choose your preferred date and time and click “Click Here to Set Appointment”. If there are no available dates, try again next time.
- Fill out the “Your Information” section, including your Full Name, Email, and Mobile Number, then click “Save”.
- Wait for the confirmation of your appointment booking sent in your email.
- Once your appointment booking is confirmed, take a screenshot of the confirmation email, and bring it on the day of your visit.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Milan
After getting the confirmation for your appointment booking with the POLO-OWWA Milan office, you can pay the OWWA membership fee once you have submitted all the requirements. Applicants for the OWWA membership are advised to secure all requirements and fill out the forms before your scheduled appointment, as submitting incomplete requirements will not be processed by the officer in charge. Also, make sure to bring a printed copy of your appointment booking confirmation to enter the POLO-OWWA Milan office.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To process your membership application, follow the steps below to pay for the OWWA membership fee:
- Go to the OWWA Milan office ahead of time on the day of your appointment.
- Show the security officer your appointment booking confirmation to enter the premises.
- Head to the OWWA renewal window and submit all the necessary and complete documents.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim your official receipt.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA Milan
- The OWWA Appointment system is reopened every Saturday at 8 am until the available slots are all booked.
- If an individual has multiple bookings with the same name or email address, the system cancels all the appointments. So make sure to only book one appointment at a time.
- The office is temporarily open from 9 am to 1:30 pm due to the risk of Covid19.
- Please bring complete and duly accomplished forms with accurate information for incomplete requirements will not be processed.
- Don’t forget to bring a copy of your appointment booking confirmation. If you do so, the security officer won’t let you in even if you have an appointment.
- OFWs should wear proper attire when visiting the OWWA Milan office, preferably smart casual.
- Make sure to wear a face mask at all times and maintain a two-meter distance from other individuals.
- OFWs based in neighboring countries of Milan and closer to the OWWA office, like Monaco and Switzerland, may inquire at the OWWA Milan office about the membership application.
- Check the POLO Milan official Facebook page and website for further announcements.
Video: OWWA Appointment Guide in Milan
Here’s a video guide tutorial about the appointment process in order to secure a booking to visit the POLO Milan office. This video was shared by the official YouTube channel of POLO Milan. Please take note of this procedure:
Video: OWWA Membership Guide in Milan
For more details on the OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
If you want to renew your OWWA membership without going to the POLO office, follow the steps shown in the video. You may also check your OWWA membership status on the app and fill out the needed requirements to proceed with the renewal of your OWWA membership. Afterward, you can choose from the payment options provided, and your relatives in the Philippines can pay for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the following questions and answers about the OWWA membership process in Milan:
1. Do I need an appointment to visit the OWWA Milan office?
Yes, you need to book an appointment to visit the OWWA Milan office. They strictly implement the “No Appointment, No Entry” policy to prevent overcrowding due to Covid19.
2. How to apply for OWWA membership in Milan?
To apply for the OWWA membership, make sure to complete all the requirements stated above and check if you’re qualified to become an OWWA member. Then, book an appointment to proceed with the application for OWWA membership in Milan.
3. How can I download the OWWA membership form?
You can download the OWWA membership form at https://drive.google.com/file/d/14h7NswuhknBdGNIX7-2oGfP0StdrlWhJ/view.
4. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years under the same employer indicated during the application.
5. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Milan?
The OWWA membership fee in Milan costs € 22.55.
6. How do I know if I am a member of OWWA?
You can check if you’re an OWWA member by looking at the date on the official receipt. If it hasn’t surpassed the two-year validity, you’re still an OWWA member. Also, you can check your membership status if it is still active via the OWWA mobile app.
7. Why is my OWWA membership inactive?
There are two reasons why your OWWA membership became inactive. First, the two-year validity has already passed, and second, you changed an employer resulting in your membership to turn as inactive. As stated earlier, the OWWA membership is only valid under the same employer when you applied for it. Thus, if you changed employer in a year, your OWWA membership will automatically be inactive.
8. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
The OWWA membership is mandatory for all OFWs. However, undocumented OFWs are not qualified to become OWWA members. So they need to legalize their employment under POEA to become part of the institution.
9. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
The benefits that OWWA provides can be accessed by active members of the institution and their legal beneficiaries.
10. What are the services at POLO Milan?
The POLO Milan office provides services including Welfare Assistance Services, Issuance of Overseas Employment, provides OEC, and Labor and Employment Facilitation Services.
11. Can I pay the OWWA membership fee without going to OWWA Milan?
Yes, you can pay the OWWA membership without going to the OWWA Milan office. You can do it via the OWWA mobile app. Generate a transact code for your OWWA membership renewal, then let your relatives back in the country pay for the OWWA membership at the nearest OWWA Regional office or payment centers.
In summary, the OWWA appointment and membership renewal in Milan, Italy, is a convenient process to keep OFWs membership active. By having an OWWA appointment system, OFWs can also ensure that they will be processed on the day of their visit. Nonetheless, if you prefer not to go to the OWWA Milan office due to health concerns or a busy schedule, you may opt to renew your membership via the OWWA mobile app.
Temporary Operating Hours: 9 am to 1:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Philippine Consulate General Milan-Viale Stelvio, 71- Via Bernina 18, 20159 Milan, Italy
OWWA Milan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POLO Milan Telephone Number: +39-02-668-4647
OWWA Milan Telephone Number: +39-02-668-05954
POLO Milan Website: https://polomilan.dole.gov.ph/
POLO Milan Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/polomilanofficial/
Google Map Location
Below is a map guide to the location of the Milan POLO-OWWA office in Italy: