Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
Please be advised that the POLO-OWWA office in London, United Kingdom is the one responsible for handling OWWA transactions. So if you have any questions about the programs and services available to you, you may direct your inquiries to them.
It is important for OFWs to keep their OWWA membership active in order to enjoy the benefits and continue to avail themselves of the services offered by OWWA. This is done through a membership appointment at their respective POLO-OWWA offices if you are currently overseas or at OWWA’s Regional offices if you are in the Philippines.
In the United Kingdom, please follow the guidelines below on how you can activate your OWWA membership.
If you’re an OFW in London, UK, you can apply or renew your OWWA membership by complying with the following requirements below:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- Photocopy of Proof of Employment such as Employment Contract, Latest Pay Slip, and Certificate of Employment
- Photocopy of valid Work or Residence Permit
- Certificate of Oath and Identification page for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA Membership fee of £23.00
Aside from complying with the requirements, OWWA has qualification criteria that old and aspiring members should meet. To become an OWWA member, the institution requires their members to be actively and continuously working and “legal” or “documented” OFW listed under POEA with valid work permits and visas. OWWA also accepts OFW members with permanent residency status from foreign countries and remains Filipino citizens.
On the other hand, since the institution only acknowledges actively and continuously working members, the following individuals are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in London
The official website of the Philippine Embassy in London, UK, previously had an appointment system for Labor and Welfare services, including the OWWA membership application. However, the appointment section directs to the POLO-OWWA London official Facebook page.
Since it is not clear whether or not an appointment system exists, you may process your membership application with POLO-OWWA London through their Facebook page and email. You can send the necessary documents with the POLO-OWWA London office email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send them a message on their Facebook page https://web.facebook.com/POLOOWWALONDON.
Applying for OWWA membership in POLO-OWWA office in London
As of writing, the Philippine government offices in London do not offer an appointment system for labor and welfare services due to the pandemic, and most transactions are online.
While there is no appointment for the OWWA membership application, you can still apply or renew your membership with the POLO-OWWA London office. To do so, follow the steps below:
- First, download the OFW Information sheet at https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/images/PDF/polo/2020ofwinformationsheet.pdf. Print it and fill out the form.
- Next, scan your documents, including the duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet, Philippine Passport, Proof of Employment, and other applicable documents.
- For OFWs with dual citizenship, copy or scan your Certificate of Oath and Identification Page.
- Check if the scanned documents are complete, clear, and not blurred.
- Then, send all the scanned documents to the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page or email.
- Wait for the verification process before you proceed with paying the OWWA membership fee.
Paying OWWA Membership at OWWA office in London
Due to the pandemic, all financial transactions services with the Philippine Government in London are online. After you’ve successfully sent all scanned necessary documents, you have to wait if your OWWA membership application is verified. If your request for membership application is approved, you will receive an email notifying successful membership verification and the procedure to pay for the OWWA membership fee. Remember, you cannot pay the membership fee unless OWWA sends you a notification to pay for it as they have to verify your application.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
Once you get an email notifying approval for your membership application, you can pay the OWWA membership by following the steps below:
- To pay the OWWA membership fee in London, download the BCRemit app on your mobile phone.
- Below the screen on the right corner, click the icon for paying to start a transaction.
- Then, click OWWA UK.
- Fill out your details, including Full Name, Employers Name, and Job Title.
- Next, click “£23.00- Collection at the Embassy”.
- Click “Confirm Payment” and take a screenshot of the transaction confirmation.
- Send the transaction screenshot to the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page or email, including your mailing address. OFWs in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, and Finland, may also send the screenshot of their transaction confirmation with POLO-OWWA London.
- Afterward, you will receive a copy of your official receipt for the OWWA membership application in your email.
- To pick up the original official receipt at the Philippine Embassy in London, set an appointment with POLO-OWWA London before you visit.
Reminders at the POLO-OWWA office in London
- Ensure that your requirements are complete and accurate. Submitting incomplete requirements won’t be processed.
- When submitting your scanned documents with POLO-OWWA London, make sure they are clear and readable.
- As of now, you cannot visit the POLO-OWWA London office due to the pandemic. Almost all financial transactions for Philippine Government services are processed online.
- You can claim your official receipt at the POLO-OWWA London office, but you have to book an appointment ahead of your visit.
- Although there is no appointment system for OWWA membership applications, visiting the Philippine Embassy in London requires an appointment for all visits. So it is ideal to contact them for an appointment.
- Check the official Facebook page of POLO-OWWA and the Philippine Embassy in London for the latest update.
Video: OWWA Membership Renewal Online
For more details on the OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As seen in the video, you can renew your membership online using the OWWA mobile app. There are also different payment methods available, so choose the most convenient. On the other hand, if you don’t have an e-wallet or online bank, you can choose to pay the OWWA membership fee at 7-11 stores nationwide. Also, make sure that you complete the payment before the given time limit, or your transaction will fail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please go through the following questions and answers about OWWA membership in London, United Kingdom:
1. What is OWWA membership?
The OWWA membership is a program provided to OFWs across the globe consisting of life insurance and other beneficial services by OWWA.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in London?
If you want to renew your OWWA membership in London, you comply with the required documents and qualification criteria listed above. Complete your requirements and send them to the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page or email.
3. Do I need to book an appointment with OWWA in London?
It is not clear if POLO-OWWA London has an appointment for the OWWA membership application. However, visiting the offices in the Philippine Embassy requires you to book an appointment for claiming your OWWA official receipt. So it is better to contact them for further inquiries.
4. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Renewing your OWWA membership online is as easy as scanning your documents and sending them to the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page or email. Then, wait for your application to be approved. You can also renew your membership using the OWWA mobile app. Download it on your mobile device, sign up and log in to your account. Next, click “Renew Membership Here!” and pay the membership fee.
5. How do I check my OWWA membership online?
You can check your membership status using the OWWA mobile app and log in to your account. Below your profile name, you will see if your membership is “ACTIVE” or “INACTIVE”.
6. How much is OWWA membership?
The OWWA membership is $25 or £23.00 in London, UK.
7. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay for the OWWA membership online. If you’re applying for membership with POLO-OWWA London, you can pay the OWWA membership fee using the BCRemit app.
Nonetheless, if you’re using the OWWA mobile app to renew your membership, you can pay online through an online bank or e-wallet. Your relatives can also pay the fee at the nearest OWWA Regional offices or payment centers.
8. Which bank may be used by OFWs and OWWA to pay for their membership?
If you’re looking for other ways to pay the OWWA membership fee, you can pay at the Land Bank of the Philippines and members of Bancnet ATM.
9. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, OWWA membership is mandatory for all OFWs and automatic when they process their employment under POEA.
10. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFW are members of OWWA as they only accept legal workers. So OFWs who are undocumented cannot become OWWA members but can legalize their employment if they want to apply for membership.
11. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is valid for two years ending on the date of application.
12. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership becomes inactive if you have passed the two-year validity. In addition, your membership automatically becomes inactive if your work visa expires or you switch to work for a new employer as the OWWA membership two-year validity only applies under the same employer indicated during the application.
13. Do I need to renew my OWWA membership?
Yes, you need to renew your OWWA membership to access the benefits provided by OWWA and have someone to assist you during difficult times.
14. What are the benefits of OFW from OWWA?
There are loads of benefits OFWs, and their dependents can avail themselves from OWWA, including:
- Social Benefits
- Education and Training Benefits
- Welfare Programs
- Reintegration Program
- Repatriation Assistance Benefits
15. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
The OWWA benefits are available by registered or active members and their legal dependents. So renewing your membership is necessary to access the varying benefits of OWWA.
To sum up, the OWWA membership appointment for renewal in London, UK, is currently not available. However, you can apply or renew your OWWA membership by sending your scanned document to the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page or email.
Furthermore, if you’re planning to visit their office, you still need to contact them as they require an appointment for all visits due to the Covid-19 safety restrictions.
Operating Hours: 9:30 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 3F, 6 Suffolk St, London SW1Y 4HG, United Kingdom
Telephone Number: (+44) 20 7839 8078
Emails: email@example.com, London@owwa.gov.ph
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/POLOOWWALONDON
Google Map Location
Please see the map guide to the location of POLO-office in London below: