If you’re wondering how to renew your OWWA membership in Slovenia, you’re in the right place. This article is also for OFWs in Slovenia who are not yet OWWA members, as we encouraged you to apply for OWWA membership. In this article, we included the documentary requirements, application procedure, and contact details of relevant offices that can assist you in processing your OWWA membership.
OWWA, or Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, was founded on May 1, 1997, and attached to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO). It’s a government agency with the mandate to promote the welfare and ensure the safety of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families worldwide. The agency also offers OWWA membership to eligible OFWs with an obligatory contribution.
Under the OWWA membership, OFWs can access different services, programs, and support to improve their welfare and livelihood and assist in the education of their dependents. OWWA helps active members suffering from distress, difficulties, or maltreatment by providing them with financial or legal aid. It also serves as OFWs’ insurance that entitles them to benefits from medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial. With that said, we advise OFWs in Slovenia to process their OWWA membership.
Here are the primary documentary requirements OFWs in Slovenia should comply with for OWWA membership application as per POLO Milan:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Company ID
- Copy of payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Employment acknowledgment from POLO Milan (with English translation)
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- Oath of Allegiance for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
Many OFWs wish to become OWWA members considering the benefits the agency offers. However, not all OFWs are eligible for membership since OWWA has imposed qualifications. OWWA accept OFWs as their members if they have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
Moreover, the agency accepts as OWWA members OFWs who acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries, given they remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment. Nonetheless, OFWs who don’t meet the said criteria are not eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Slovenia
At the time of writing, an online appointment system for OWWA membership isn’t available in Slovenia. This country also doesn’t have a designated POLO. But it’s under the jurisdiction of POLO Milan, which conducts Consular Outreach Missions in the country with the Philippine Embassy in Austria. Thus, OFWs may contact their offices since Consular Outreach Missions may require an appointment.
For OFWs vacationing in the Philippines, you may also book an appointment with DMW or OWWA Regional office. Take note some OWWA Regional offices accept walk-ins while others require appointments. So it is ideal to contact the nearest OWWA Regional office before your visit. Also, don’t forget to inquire about the latest documentary requirements for OWWA membership application or renewal.
Applying for OWWA membership in Slovenia
Based on the Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in Austria, their office conducts Consular Outreach Mission in Slovenia with POLO Milan. But it’s advised to contact POLO Milan to confirm if they’re processing OWWA membership during the Consular Outreach Mission. You may also visit their Facebook pages and websites for the upcoming schedule.
If vacationing in the Philippines, you can also process the OWWA membership with DMW or the nearest OWWA Regional office in your area. Meanwhile, if you’re looking for the most convenient way, download the OWWA mobile app. Then, process your OWWA membership online right through your mobile phone.
Paying OWWA Membership in Slovenia
As stated, OFWs in Slovenia can process their OWWA membership on-site through Consular Outreach Mission. If they’re in the Philippines, they can also process their OWWA membership on-site at DMW or OWWA Regional office. So if you do any of these processes, you can also pay the contribution fee the same day you’re processing OWWA membership if qualified.
On the other hand, processing your OWWA membership through OWWA mobile app is more convenient with the payment methods available. You can pay the OWWA membership fee through an online bank, e-wallet, or over-the-counter payment centers in the Philippines. If you’re not in the country, you can also ask your relatives in the Philippines to pay the OWWA membership fee.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy in Austria & POLO Milan)
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Austria or POLO Milan for the schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission.
- Book an appointment for the OWWA membership application.
- Secure the documentary requirements for the application.
- Visit the designated application site and bring a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim your official receipt.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email since it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Slovenia
Please take note of the following reminders when processing your OWWA membership in Slovenia:
- At the time of writing, there is no designated POLO in Slovenia, and this country is under the jurisdiction of POLO Milan.
- OFWs in Slovenia may process their OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
- OFWs should wear appropriate attire when visiting the Embassy or any government office. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. Applicants wearing prohibited attires will not be allowed to enter the premise.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- For inquiries and assistance on OWWA membership application, we advise OFWs in Slovenia to contact the Philippine Embassy in Austria, POLO Milan, and their agency. Also, you may check their official websites and Facebook pages for the latest announcements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Slovenia?
At the time of writing, Slovenia doesn’t have an online appointment system for OWWA membership.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Slovenia?
You may renew your OWWA membership in Slovenia via Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Slovenia?
The OWWA membership fee in Slovenia is US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online on OWWA mobile app via an online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: Paano MagCheck ng OWWA Membership ll Easiest Step
Please check out the video below for more information on OWWA membership:
As discussed in the video, OFWs can check their OWWA membership status by downloading the OWWA mobile app. Sign up or log in to your account. Once logged in, click the information button to check if your OWWA membership status is active or inactive. OFWs can also renew their OWWA membership in-app and pay the contribution fee with the available payment options.
Overall, the OWWA membership is beneficial for all OFWs. It can help them and their families, especially during unexpected circumstances such as calamities and financial or health problems. Thus, if you’re an OFW in Slovenia, process your OWWA membership and ensure it’s active to access OWWA benefits.
Philippine Embassy in Vienna, Austria
Address: Donau-City-Strasse 11, ARES Tower, Wien, Austria
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinAustria
Telephone Number: (+43 1) 5332401
Emergency Hotline: (+43 676) 442 2474
POLO-OWWA Milan, Italy
Address: Philippine Consulate General in Milan Building Viale Stelvio 71, 20159, Milan Italy
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/polomilanofficial
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: POLO-(+39) 02 668 4647, OWWA-(+39) 02 668 05954
Whatsapp/Viber: POLO- (+39) 375 657 2333, OWWA-(+39) 375 676 2592