For OFWs in Romania who have expired OWWA membership, we advise renewing your membership to access different and long-term OWWA benefits. We also recommend OFWs in Romania who have obtained employment via a visit visa apply voluntarily for OWWA membership.
With that said, we’ve created an in-depth guide for OWWA membership in Romania to help you with the application process. We also included the contact details of relevant offices that can help you, so let’s get started.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies confirm OFWs’ legal employment and access to OWWA programs and services.
Through the OWWA membership, OFWs and their dependents can enjoy services, programs, and support that aims to improve their lives. OWWA members can also request legal assistance if suffering conflict with their employers and financial aid during difficult times. Moreover, active OWWA members are entitled to various programs like livelihood, educational training, and scholarships. The OWWA membership also serves as insurance that provides OFWs with medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, we encourage OFWs in Romania to renew or apply for OWWA membership to enjoy maximum OWWA benefits.
If you’re an OFW in Romania renewing or applying for OWWA membership, here are the following documentary requirements you should secure as per POLO Milan:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of present employment:
- Verified Contract (If outside Italy)
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Permit to Stay or Work Permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- Photocopy of Oath of Allegiance for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to RON based on the foreign exchange rate.
The programs, services, and support OWWA offers are sure to benefit its members and their dependents. Nonetheless, not everyone is qualified to become a member, as they should meet and maintain OWWA’s qualification criteria. OFWs who wish to become OWWA members should have active and continuous work with valid work permits and visas.
Furthermore, OFWs who have acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment can become OWWA members. Meanwhile, OFWs who cannot meet and even maintain the qualification criteria are not eligible for OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Romania
As of writing, there is no online appointment system for OWWA membership in Romania. This country doesn’t have a designated POLO since POLO Milan has oversight jurisdiction over Romania. While the POLO Milan office has an online appointment system, the OWWA OSMP Scheduler is only accessible to OFWs in Milan or Northern Italy.
Aside from POLO Milan, the Philippine Embassy in Budapest, Hungary, has jurisdiction over Romania. So for appointments and inquiries regarding OWWA membership, OFWs in Romania should contact the said offices. You can also contact DMW or OWWA Regional office to book an appointment if vacationing in the Philippines.
Applying for OWWA Membership in Romania
Based on a Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in Hungary, they conduct a Consular Outreach Mission in Bucharest, Romania, with POLO-OWWA Milan, which may require an appointment. So don’t forget to contact the relevant offices for the schedule and appointment for OWWA membership. You can also contact your agency to assist in processing your OWWA membership.
POLO Milan also conducts an on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal. But since Milan is hours away from Romania, OFWs who wish to renew their membership can do so via OWWA mobile app. This process is more convenient and can be done in just a few clicks using your mobile phone.
Paying OWWA Membership in Romania
As stated, OFWs in Romania can process their OWWA membership through POLO Milan and Consular Outreach Mission conducted by the Philippine Embassy in Budapest, Hungary. Under these two processes, you can pay the OWWA membership fee on-site. The same goes for DMW or OWWA Regional office.
On the contrary, processing your membership through the OWWA mobile app is convenient. The OWWA mobile app allows you to renew your membership anytime and anywhere. You can also pay the OWWA membership via an online bank, e-wallet, or payment centers in the Philippines. If you’re not in the Philippines, you can also let your relatives pay the OWWA membership fee.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via POLO Milan/Consular Outreach Mission (Hungary)
- Contact POLO Milan or the Philippine Embassy in Hungary.
- Book an appointment for OWWA membership.
- Print a copy of your confirmed appointment and secure the documentary requirements.
- Visit the POLO Milan office or designated site for the Consular Outreach Mission on the day of your appointment.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and collect the official receipt
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email since it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Romania
Please take note of the following reminders for OWWA membership in Romania:
- As of writing, Romania doesn’t have an online appointment system for OWWA membership. In addition, POLO Milan and the Philippine Embassy in Hungary have jurisdiction over Romania.
- OFWs in Romania may process their OWWA membership via POLO Milan, Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- Since there are no relevant contact details for Philippine government offices in Romania, OFWs residing in this country may contact POLO Milan, the Philippine Embassy in Hungary, or their agency regarding OWWA membership. You may also visit their official website and Facebook pages for more details and the latest updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Romania?
As of writing, an online OWWA appointment isn’t available in Romania.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Romania?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Romania through POLO Milan, Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Romania?
The OWWA membership fee in Romania is US$25.00 converted to RON based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: OWWA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS FOR OFW’S DEPENDENT
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, OWWA offers varying scholarship programs for the dependents of OFWs who are active members. It includes the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP), which is accessible to the children or siblings of single and active OWWA members. This scholarship program offers P60,000 in education assistance per school year. But take note, there are requirements to meet and a qualification exam to access the said scholarship. Thus, OFWs who have student dependents will surely benefit from OWWA scholarships.
In summary, OFWs in Romania should keep an active OWWA membership to enjoy different services and programs that will benefit them and their dependents. Note that this guide only contains an overview of the application process for OWWA membership in Romania.
Thus, we advise OFWs to contact the relevant offices for the latest procedure or download the OWWA mobile app to renew their membership.
Philippine Embassy in Budapest, Hungary
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Gábor Aron utca 58, 1026 Budapest, Hungary
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinHungary
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone Number: +36 1 391 4300
POLO-OWWA Milan, Italy
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 1:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Viale Stelvio 71 – Via Bernina 18, Milan, Italy
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/polomilanofficial
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
POLO Hotline: +39 02 668 4647
POLO Whatsapp/Viber: +39 375 657 2333
OWWA Hotline: +39 02 6680 5954
OWWA Whatsapp/Viber: +39 375 676 2592