As an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), there are government agencies that can assist you in so many ways, whenever you need it. OWWA cares about its members, the agency wants to ensure the well-being and protection of OFWs and their families. As an OFW, you also need to do your part by keeping your membership active and getting updated news about new policies mandated by OWWA.
So how can you verify your OWWA Status?
Membership in the OWWA is valid for two years from the date of payment or membership. You can check your OEC or your OWWA Balik Manggagawa Slip for the date to see if your membership is still valid. If your membership date is less than or equal to two years ago, your membership is still valid and you can take advantage of the benefits offered by OWWA.
Here are 4 simple ways how to verify your OWWA Status.
Download and check via the OWWA Mobile App
Did you know that the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) has a mobile app that allows OFWs to check the status of their membership status? Yes, you can download it for free on Google Play and the App Store. This application allows you to view and update information, and even pay for membership renewal.
- Download and install the OWWA application. If you are using an android phone, you can download the app on PlayStore, while Apple users can get it through the AppStore.
- Open the OWWA Mobile App and select the Login option.
- If you have not yet registered, click the -Don’t have an account? CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP or to log in, enter your username and password.
- Fill out the registration form with the required information and click the Register button when finished.
- You will receive a notification that you have been registered. Check your and use the login information sent to you.
- Login to your account and go to the “Information Tab”
- From there you will see if the status of your OWWA membership is “Active,” it will show the validity date as well.
Check OWWA Status via OEC Balik Manggagawa Certificate
OWWA membership’s validity can also be determined by the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).
- Register as a new user in the system by entering your email address and clicking the Sign Me Up button. To confirm, open your email account and click the confirmation link.
- Log in as a previously registered user. Enter your most recent OEC number. Set an Online Appointment if no records are found.
- If a record is discovered, update your Personal Information, Contract Particulars, and Beneficiaries as necessary.
For online assessment, click Acquire OEC or Exemption. Enter the flight date and confirm that you are returning to the same employer and job site.
- If you return to the same employer and Jobsite, the system will display a confirmation message informing you that you are exempt from obtaining the OEC and paying the processing fee.
- If you don’t, you’ll be taken to the Appointment Page. Choose your preferred POEA office and set up a time for OEC and payment processing.
Visit the nearest POLO-OWWA office
To verify your OWWA Status personally, you can go directly to the POLO-OWWA office for verification of membership. But before you do this, you need to book an appointment schedule first. Here’s how to:
- Prepare an active e-mail address because POLO OWWA will send the confirmation of your booking through your provided e-mail account.
- Go to this website and download the information sheet you need to fill up. http://philcongentoronto.com/consular/docs/ofwinformationsheet.pdf
- Go to your browser and search for OWWA’s website designated in your country. For example, if you’re in Milan https://bookowwa.timetap.com/#/ is the URL. If you’re in Riyadh, search for https://riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/component/content/article/93-pages/1289
- Step 4: Read the following information and terms & condition, then check the box at the bottom part if you agree to the said information above. Click “NEXT”
- Select the service you need. Click “NEXT”
- You’ll now see a calendar where you can reserve your desired date and time; numbers marked with gray are already reserved. Choose the most convenient date and time for your visit. Click the “NEXT” button.
- Fill in the blanks with the information they require from you. Fill in your name, gender, date of birth, current address (abroad), and mobile number on the sheet.
- After you’ve reviewed your information, click “Save,” and you’ll see an onscreen notification that says “Thank you! Your appointment time has been set!”
- Wait for the confirmation message from OWWA at the e-mail address you provided. Please print this confirmation slip and bring it with you to your appointment.
Visit the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office
If you are already in the Philippines and want to verify your OWWA status personally, go to the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office. You can ask the designated staff for verification regarding your OWWA status. But before going to any OWWA office, make sure to book an appointment.
- Go to your browser and search for https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/
- —Note: Don’t forget to download and print an OWWA Information sheet.
- Choose your OWWA office branch (nearest in your place) and the type of program you need
- Now, you’ll see a calendar where you can book your desired date and time, those numbers marked with gray are already taken. Choose your schedule for your visit, then click “NEXT”
- fill up a personal information sheet by providing your complete name, gender, present address, e-mail address, etc. Then click “NEXT”
- Double-check your information before proceeding to the confirmation
- Click on the “submit appointment” button
- At the e-mail address you’ve provided, wait for the confirmation message from OWWA. Print the confirmation slip, you need to bring it on your appointment date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about verification of OWWA status online:
1. Can I verify OWWA status through the OWWA mobile app without an account?
No, you need to sign up for an account.
2. Where can I get OEC?
OEC or Overseas Employment Certification will be issued by POEA before you leave the country to work abroad. You will need to present this at the immigration during your flight to prove that you’re a legal overseas worker.
3. Where can I download the OWWA Mobile App?
The OWWA App can be downloaded on your mobile phone from PlayStore and AppStore.
4. Can I check my OWWA status offline? I’m currently working abroad.
Yes, you can visit any POLO-OWWA office in the country where you are currently based. (You need to book for an appointment online before going to OWWA.)
5. Can I check my OWWA status offline? I’m currently in the Philippines.
Yes, you can visit any OWWA Regional office near you in the Philippines. (You need to book an appointment first.)
6. How many years is the validity of OWWA membership?
OWWA membership has a validity of 2 years; you can see this on your OEC.
7. What if my OWWA membership is inactive? Can I renew it online?
Yes, you can renew it online via the OWWA mobile app.
It is important to check your OWWA membership status to know if you’re still an active member or not. In case your status is inactive, take time to renew and process everything to keep your membership active.
There are a lot of benefits for active OWWA members, especially programs from the government. Renewal may take a few minutes if done online, don’t ignore this processing innovation of OWWA because it will save you a lot of time and energy.