If you are working as an overseas Filipino worker in Kuwait and you are wondering how to apply or renew your OWWA membership, please be guided that you can visit the POLO Kuwait office in order to pay for and keep your account active. Please follow this guide as we share detailed information for the process of OWWA Kuwait membership renewal or application.
As of the moment, there is no appointment schedule set up. But please bear in mind that it’s good to follow the official Facebook Page of POLO Kuwait in order to check if they conduct Consular Missions or if they update the system to get an appointment for OWWA renewal.
If you plan to visit the office, do expect that you may need to queue beforehand, so please take the time of waiting into account.
OFWs are known as modern-day heroes, as they sacrifice their life and time to provide their families with better living conditions. That’s why the Philippine Government and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) have established and led the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) to ensure that OFWs can acquire supports and services that can improve their lives and their dependents.
And to help you become an OWWA member, we gathered everything about OWWA appointments and membership in Kuwait in this article, so keep reading.
OFWs based in Kuwait applying or renewing their OWWA membership should comply with the following requirements listed below before they become an active member of the institution, including:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- Photocopy of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Employment
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- Contract Verification fee of 3.250 KD
- OWWA Membership fee of 8.93 KD
- Personal appearance only
OWWA is mandated by the Philippine Government, to promote and protect the welfare of OFWs and their dependents. However, applicants should be able to meet the qualifications set by the institution before they can access services and programs catered to active OWWA members.
With that said, OWWA requires new applicants or OFWs who are renewing their membership to be actively and continuously working and are “legal” or “documented” worker under POEA. In addition, OFWs who acquired a permanent residency status in the country they’re working and remains Filipino citizen are qualified to apply for the OWWA membership.
On the other hand, since the institution requires members to be actively and continuously working, the following individuals cannot apply or renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Kuwait
While most POLO-OWWA offices require applicants to book an appointment to receive service, the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office does not have an Appointment System for OWWA Membership Renewal. As of writing, their booking link does not offer the said service.
You may check their OWWA appointment booking website at https://appointment.owwa.gov.ph/.
Nonetheless, other services are available for appointment booking on their link, including:
- Interview via phone of workers who executed Sinumpaang Salaysay, Waiver/Quitclaim and SENA
- Welfare Cases for Visa 17 and 18
- Welfare Cases for Visa 20
Since it wasn’t mentioned on their website that booking an appointment is required for the OWWA membership renewal, applicants may go directly to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office and wait in line. Although there isn’t an appointment required for now, the OWWA Membership Renewal may be available in the appointment system in the future. So make sure to check their website and official Facebook page from time to time.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Kuwait
As stated earlier, the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office currently does not require OFWs to have a booking appointment to apply or renew their OWWA membership. Thus, you may directly go to their office, where you can also pay for the OWWA membership fee.
Moreover, as there is no scheduled appointment, you have to wait in line to process your OWWA membership application. So it is advisable to come early to ensure that you can process your membership on the day of your visit. But don’t forget to check their website and official Facebook page for further changes.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
If you’re applying or renewing your OWWA membership, here are the steps to follow on how to pay for the OWWA membership fee.
- Go to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office.
- Acquire a form for the OWWA Membership Renewal
- Ask your employer to provide you a Contract Verification/Certificate of Employment, containing their signature.
- Then, wait in line and submit the listed requirements above at the payment counter.
- Pay for the Contract Verification fee of 3.250 KD.
- Afterward, the teller will instruct you to go to the OWWA window, located beside the Contract Verification window, where you will pay the OWWA membership fee of 8.93 KD.
- Once you paid all the necessary fees, get your official receipt, and you are now an active member of OWWA.
Reminders when Going to OWWA Kuwait
To ensure that the process of your application or renewal of OWWA membership will be hassle-free, follow the listed reminders below that you should do when you go to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office, including:
- Make sure that your requirements are complete before submitting them. Since OFWs with incomplete requirements will not be processed by the officer in charge.
- Don’t forget to claim your official payment receipt. It will be released the same day you paid the OWWA membership fee.
- Wear proper attire, preferably smart casual, when going to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office. Since it is a government premise, wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirt, ripped jeans, and slippers, are strictly prohibited.
- Always maintain social distancing and wear face masks all the time.
- OFWs are advised to come early to avoid queuing for long hours.
Video: OWWA Membership Guide in Kuwait
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As shown in the video, OFWs who are renewing their OWWA membership can process their application through the OWWA mobile app. In addition, the video also showed the payment process, and other fees may apply depending on the selected payment option. Thus, OFWs in Kuwait may also opt to renew their OWWA membership online.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the services offered by POLO-OWWA Kuwait?
Considering that OFWs abroad needs services and programs beneficial for their welfare, there are varying services they can acquire from the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office, including:
Services of POLO Kuwait
- Employment Contract Verification
- Applications for Balik-Manggagawa
- Assistance to OFWs with Labor-related cases and issues
- Welfare Assistance
- Temporary Shelter for Distressed OFWs
- Conciliation and Counseling
- Repatriation of Documented OFWs to the Philippines
- Validation of COVID-199 Vaccination Certificates issued in Kuwait
Services of OWWA Kuwait
- Education and Training Assistance Program
- Training Program from Filipino Seafarers
- Education for Development Scholarship Program (for OFWs dependents)
- OFW Dependents Scholarship Program
- Education and Livelihood Assistance Program
- Skills for Employment Scholarship Program
- Reintegration Program
- Enterprise Development and Loan Program
- Social Benefits Program
- Disability and Dismemberment Benefit
- Death and Burial Benefit
- OWWA E-Card
- OWWA Rebate Program
2. Where is the POLO office in Kuwait located?
The POLO-OWWA Kuwait is at Villa 35, Block 1, Abdulrahman Al Ghafiqi Street, Salwa Area.
3. Can I go directly to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office?
Yes, you can go directly, for they accept walk-in applicants. But make sure to wear your face mask all the time, and maintain distance from other individuals.
4. Is there an Appointment System for Membership Renewal at POLO-OWWA Kuwait?
As of the moment, the OWWA appointment website does not offer the OWWA Membership Renewal. However, the website offers other services that OFWs can book for appointments. Also, it was not clear if the website was the official booking appointment for OWWA membership renewal. But according to OFWs in Kuwait, Filipinos can go directly to the Philippine Embassy to process their OWWA membership.
5. Can I pay for my OWWA membership without going to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office?
Yes, you can pay for the OWWA membership renewal without going to the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office. Instead, you can download the OWWA mobile app to renew and pay for the OWWA membership. Select the payment options, and provide the transaction code to your relatives in the Philippines. They can pay it at the nearest OWWA Regional office or payment centers. So be sure to choose the most accessible payment options.
6. Are there other fees that I can pay at the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office?
Apart from the OWWA membership fee and Contract Verification fee, you can also pay other government contribution fees, including SSS which is 22 KD for three months, and PAG-IBIG which is 20 KD for three months.
7. When will I become an active member of OWWA?
The OWWA membership automatically applies once an OFW is paid for the contribution amount. So on the day, you paid for the membership fee, you become an active member of OWWA.
8. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Kuwait?
The OWWA membership fee in Kuwait is exactly 8.93 KD. Be advised that this rate may change according to exchange rates equivalent to USD 25.
9. Where can I apply for OWWA membership if I’m not working in Kuwait?
For OFWs who are not in Kuwait, you can apply for the OWWA membership at the nearest POLO office in the country you are based. At present, there are 34 POLO offices across America, Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Pacific. Thus, you can apply for the OWWA membership easily. Also, you can renew your membership via the OWWA mobile app so you can process your application no matter where you are in the world.
10. Can I renew my passport at the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office?
No, you cannot renew your passport at the POLO-OWWA Kuwait office. Instead, visit the Embassy of the Philippines in Kuwait website at https://kuwaitpe.dfa.gov.ph/, where you can book an appointment for passport renewal.
11. Does the OWWA membership expire?
Yes, the OWWA membership expires, and it is only valid for two years. On the other hand, the OWWA membership will automatically expire even if the two-year validity was not reached, if an OFW has an expired working visa, or changed an employer. Since based on the institution, the OWWA membership two-year validity only applies to the employer listed during the application. Thus, if you changed an employer in less than two years, you automatically become an inactive OWWA member.
The membership that OWWA provides to OFWs is beneficial to access varying services, programs, and support that they will need abroad. Their dependents will also benefit from the institution by acquiring the Education for Development Scholarship Program. Thus, OFWs in Kuwait are encouraged to always keep their OWWA membership active to access the benefits that OWWA offers.
Thus, OFWs in Kuwait are encouraged to always keep their OWWA membership active to access the benefits, and other services provided by the institution. You may also download the OWWA mobile app if you wish to check your membership status or renew your OWWA membership.
MWO / POLO-OWWA Kuwait
Operating Hours: 7 am to 2 pm from Sunday to Thursday
Address: Villa 35, Block 1, Abdulrahman Al Ghafiqi Street, Salwa Area
POLO-OWWA Kuwait Hotline: +965-9403-9063
POLO Kuwait Email: Polokuwait2017@gmail.com
OWWA Kuwait Email: Kuwait@owwa.gov.ph
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MWO.Kuwait/
Google Map Location
Please check the address map guide to POLO office in Kuwait below: