OFWs in France are encouraged to renew their OWWA membership once it expires to have continuous access to the programs and services OWWA offers to active members. Also, Filipinos in France who have acquired employment in France via visit visa who are not yet OWWA members should voluntarily apply for the OWWA membership.
Applying or renewing the OWWA membership is essential to keep OFWs protected and ensure access to beneficial support and services. So to become an OWWA member, OFWs are required to book an appointment with POLO-OWWA France for the OWWA membership application. To do so, follow our guide below for the OWWA membership in France.
Most Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) go abroad, seeking better opportunities in their career and changing their living condition and their families. However, some suffer from difficulties such as maltreatment, which can endanger their lives.
Thus, the Philippine Government established the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), an agency mandated to protect and promote the welfare of OFWs and their families across the world.
OWWA works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), ensuring proper and legal employment abroad for OFWs. The agency also has a membership program for OFWs packed with varying services and support that can assist them abroad and their families in the Philippines.
Furthermore, the OWWA membership helps OFWs in times of crisis, such as financial aid, hospitalization, transportation assistance for Covid-19, and legal assistance with employer issues.
Under the OWWA membership, OFWs can also enjoy education and training benefits, livelihood programs, loans, and repatriation and reintegration benefits. It also acts as an insurance policy, providing active members with a disability, medical, calamity, death, and burial benefits.
Thus, OWWA membership will benefit OFWs, assisting them from pre-employment and reintegration for distressed OFWs who wish to stay for good in the country. So OFWs in France should ensure an active OWWA membership, providing access to the varying services, programs, and support.
Whether you’re applying as a new member or renewing your OWWA membership in France, here are the requirements you need to secure for the application, including:
- Book an appointment
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Photocopy of Active and Valid Proof of Employment such as:
- Currently dated Employment Contract
- Latest Pay Slip or Bank Transfer of Salary
- Latest Social Security contribution payment
- Currently dated Vida Labor or Official Employment record
- Currently dated Employment Certificate including a copy of Employer’s ID with signature
- Photocopy of Valid Visa, Work Permit, Residence Permit
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA membership fee of US$25.00 (converted to local currency based on foreign exchange rate)
- Physical appearance
Aside from securing the applicable requirements listed above, check if you’re qualified to become an OWWA member. The institution requires its members, whether old or new, to have continuous and active work and are “documented” or “legal” workers who have processed their employment under POEA with valid work permits and visas. The institution also accepts OWWA members who have acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment.
On the other hand, since the institution only accepts OWWA members with continuous and active work, the following individuals are not qualified to become an OWWA member, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- Under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in France
As stated on the Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in France, starting March 21, 2022, walk-in applications are accommodated from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm if they fall under the following:
- Senior Citizens
- Persons with Disability (PWDS)
- Pregnant Women
- Ages 7 years old and below
However, if the applicant is not on the list for a walk-in application, booking an appointment is necessary for OFWs availing of POLO-OWWA services. So OFWs should book an appointment for the OWWA membership application before visiting the POLO-OWWA France office or attending Outreach Mission across France.
Although there is an online Consular Appointment System available in France, it is exclusive for services, including passports, notarial, NBI clearance, Certificate of Appearance, and Dual Citizenship. Instead, clients accessing other consular services may book an appointment via email.
Applying for OWWA membership in France
OFWs in France can renew or apply for the OWWA membership at the POLO-OWWA France office through the nearest Outreach Mission in their area. POLO-OWWA France conducts Outreach missions across France, so it is ideal checking the Philippine Embassy in France’s official Facebook page and website for the upcoming scheduled location.
Once a confirmed Outreach Mission scheduled is available, OFWs can book an appointment via email at email@example.com, including Full Name, Address, Contact Details, and state the OWWA Membership as the preferred service.
You may also call +33 (0)6 20 59 25 15 or +33 1 44 14 57 00 to book an appointment with POLO-OWWA France. Also, ensure that you have a confirmed appointment schedule before going to POLO-OWWA France Outreach Mission.
Paying OWWA Membership in PH Embassy France
After securing a confirmed appointment with the POLO-OWWA France office, ensure that your requirements are complete. On the day of your visit, you can pay the OWWA membership fee at POLO-OWWA France Outreach Mission if your request for the OWWA membership application is approved.
In addition, don’t forget to bring a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule since the POLO-OWWA France strictly implements an “Appointment Only, No-Walk Applications allowed” policy due to the Covid-19 pandemic. And to pay the OWWA membership fee, follow the steps below.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
- Look for the POLO-OWWA France office Outreach Mission and present to the guard a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule (if applicable).
- Wait for your turn and head to the OWWA counter to submit your complete documents for verification.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and collect the official receipt.
Reminders about OWWA France
Please take note of the following reminders to renew or apply for the OWWA membership in France.
- OFWs should book an appointment via email or call to receive consular services at POLO-OWWA France Outreach Mission.
- Wait for an email confirming your appointment schedule. If no confirmation email is received, an appointment is not available.
- Ensure that you have complete requirements before visiting the POLO-OWWA France office, or your application or renewal of the OWWA membership won’t be successful.
- OFWs should wear facemasks all the time and maintain physical distancing.
- When visiting the POLO-OWWA France, ensure to wear appropriate or smart casual attire. The embassy strictly prohibits wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- Check the Philippine Embassy in France Facebook page and website for the latest update and process for the OWWA membership application.
Video: OWWA Membership in France
For more details on the OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, OFWs can check their OWWA membership status using the OWWA mobile app. Once installed on the mobile phone, sign up and log in to your account. Under the information, it will display whether the OWWA membership status is Inactive or Active.
OFWs can also opt to renew their OWWA membership using the app. Click Renew Membership Here and pay the contribution fee by choosing the most convenient payment method.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the following answers to common questions about POLO office in Paris, France:
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in France?
To book an appointment, you have to wait for the next schedule of the POLO-OWWA France Outreach Mission. Once the schedule is released, you may book an appointment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call +33 1 44 14 57 00 or +33 (0)6 20 59 25 15 for an appointment.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in France?
You can renew your OWWA membership through POLO-OWWA France Outreach Mission, where their office conducts consular services across France. Book an appointment and secure the documents. Also, make sure you have a confirmed appointment schedule before attending Outreach Mission.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
You can renew your OWWA membership through the OWWA mobile app. Log in to your account and click Renew Membership Here if it’s inactive. Fill out the required fields and choose a payment method. Pay the contribution fee to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in France?
The OWWA membership fee in France is € 22.67 or US$25.00 converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can the OWWA membership online using the OWWA mobile app. Renew your membership in the app and choose an online bank or e-wallet to pay the OWWA membership fee.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership comes with two-year validity, expiring on the date of application.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you have an expired work visa. Changing employers in less than two years can cause an inactive OWWA membership since it is only valid to the employer indicated during the application.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, it is mandatory for first-time OFWs who processed their employment with POEA.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFW are members of OWWA. As stated above, there are requirements and qualifications the application needs to meet before becoming an OWWA member. So if the applicant cannot meet the conditions, they are not qualified for the OWWA membership.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
Active or registered OWWA members can avail of varying OWWA benefits, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
The OWWA membership application in France is made convenient through the POLO-OWWA France Outreach Mission. With this program, OFWs residing afar from the main OWWA office in Paris, France, may renew or apply for the OWWA membership at their nearest location.
All you have to do is to wait for the Outreach Mission schedule. OFWs may also renew their OWWA membership using the OWWA mobile app and let their relatives in the Philippines pay the contribution fee at the nearest OWWA Regional office or payment centers. So OFWs in France are highly encouraged to keep their OWWA membership active to enjoy OWWA benefits.
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, from Monday to Friday except holidays
Address: 4 hameau de Boulainvilliers/45 rue du Ranelagh 75016 Paris, France
Telephone Numbers: +33 1 44 14 57 00, +33 (0)6 20 59 25 15
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinFrance/
Google Map Location
There is no actual POLO-OWWA office in France so it is the embassy that processes OWWA membership. Below is the map guide to the PH Embassy in Paris: