For OFWs in Norway, you should know that renewing your OWWA membership gives you access to many benefits. We also encourage OFWs in Norway to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership if they have acquired employment via a visit visa. And if you’re wondering how to apply for OWWA membership in Norway, read our in-depth guide below.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies confirm OFWs’ legal employment and access to OWWA benefits.
With the OWWA membership program, different services and support are provided to OFWs and their dependents to help them develop their career and education and improve their living condition. OWWA also assist OFWs having conflict with their employer through legal assistance and financial aid during calamities. Furthermore, active OWWA members are entitled to different programs, such as education training, scholarships, and livelihood. The membership also serves as OFW’s insurance, providing them with medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, we encourage OFWs in Norway to renew or apply for OWWA membership to access maximum OWWA benefits.
According to the provided application guideline from the Philippine Embassy in London, here are the following documentary requirements OFWs in Norway should secure for OWWA membership:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- Certificate of Oath and Identification page for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to NOK based on the foreign exchange rate.
The OWWA membership is a beneficial program for OFWs and their dependents, giving access to different services and support only accessible to OWWA members. However, not everyone can apply for OWWA membership, as they should comply with and maintain the qualification criteria set by OWWA.
OFWs should be actively and continuously working and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas to qualify as OWWA members. In addition, OFWs who obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries and are still Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment can apply for OWWA membership. However, the following individuals who cannot meet OWWA’s qualification criteria include employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Norway
As of writing, there is no online appointment system for OWWA membership applications in Norway, and this country doesn’t have a designated POLO. Norway is under the jurisdiction of POLO-OWWA London, assisting OFWs with labor-related services and concerns. So for more details on OWWA membership application procedures, OFWs in Norway should contact their office.
Furthermore, the Philippine Embassy in Oslo conducts a Consular Outreach Mission across Norway, which requires booking an appointment via email. You may check their official Facebook page and website for the schedule and the designated email to book an appointment.
Lastly, OFWs in Norway vacationing in the Philippines can also renew or apply for OWWA membership at DMW or the nearest OWWA Regional office. So booking an appointment in advance is necessary.
Applying for OWWA Membership in Norway
Based on the details online, OFWs in Norway have two options to apply for OWWA membership. For on-site application, OFWs in Norway can wait for the upcoming schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission conducted by the Philippine Embassy in Oslo.
The second option is to apply for OWWA membership via POLO-OWWA London email. You should secure the documentary requirements listed above if you choose this process. Scan and send your documents to POLO-OWWA London email.
But if you want the most convenient process to renew your membership, download the OWWA mobile app on your device. For OFWs vacationing in the Philippines soon and processing their OWWA membership at DMW, ensure to secure your requirements before leaving Norway.
Paying OWWA Membership in Norway
As stated, OFWs in Norway have three ways to apply for OWWA membership. The first way is through the Consular Outreach Mission, which requires paying the OWWA membership fee on-site if the applicant is qualified.
For those who wish to apply via POLO-OWWA London email, you need to wait for an email confirming that you’re qualified for the OWWA membership. Then, follow the instruction sent to your email to pay the OWWA membership fee.
On the other hand, renewing your membership through the OWWA mobile app allows you to pay using an online bank or e-wallet. You can also ask your relatives to pay the OWWA membership fee at your chosen payment center by providing the generated reference number on your application request.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Oslo for the schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission in Norway.
- Inquire and book an appointment for OWWA membership registration or renewal.
- Secure your requirements and a printout of your confirmed appointment schedule sent via email.
- Go to the designated application site on the day of your appointment.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- If qualified, pay the OWWA membership fee and collect your official receipt.
Via Email/Facebook Page
- Download and fill out the OFW Information Sheet.
- Scan the documentary requirements for OWWA membership.
- Next, send the scanned documents to POLO-OWWA London email at email@example.com or their Facebook page for evaluation.
- Wait for an email from POLO-OWWA London regarding your application for OWWA membership.
- Once qualified, follow the payment transaction for the OWWA membership fee sent via email or inquire at the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page.
- Take a screenshot of the successful payment transaction.
- Send the screenshot to the POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page.
- Then, you’ll receive an electronic copy of your official receipt. You can also book an appointment to claim your official receipt at the Philippine Embassy in London.
Also, POLO-OWWA London announced on their Facebook page that the email firstname.lastname@example.org is currently down. So OFWs who wish to apply for OWWA membership via email can submit their requirements to email@example.com.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email since it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Norway
Please take note of the following reminders to renew or apply for OWWA membership in Norway:
- As of writing, POLO-OWWA London has jurisdiction over Norway.
- OFWs in Norway can process their OWWA membership through the Consular Outreach Mission conducted by the Philippine Embassy in Oslo, POLO-OWWA London email, and OWWA mobile app.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- OFWs should book an appointment with the Philippine Embassy in London to claim their OWWA membership official receipt.
- Considering the information online may not be updated, OFWs in Norway should contact the Philippine Embassy in Oslo and POLO-OWWA London for more details. You can also check their website and Facebook pages for the latest announcements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Norway?
As of writing, an online OWWA appointment isn’t available in Norway.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Norway?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Norway through Consular Outreach Mission, POLO-OWWA London email/Facebook page, or OWWA mobile app.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Norway?
The OWWA membership fee in Noway is US$25.00 converted to NOK based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: OWWA Guide in Norway
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, OFWs can renew their OWWA membership by creating an account on the OWWA mobile app. The OWWA membership fee is payable through an online bank, e-wallet, or over-the-counter payment centers.
To sum up, OFWs in Norway have different ways to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. Thus, keeping an active OWWA membership is made possible. Remember, we still advise OFWs to contact the Philippine Embassy in Oslo and POLO-OWWA London for the latest OWWA membership application procedure in Norway.
Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Nedre Vollgate 4, Oslo, Norway
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinNorway
Telephone Number: +47 22 40 09 00
Philippine Embassy in London, United Kingdom
Operating Hours: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 6-11 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinUK
Emergency Hotline: (+44) 78 0279 0695
Address: 3F, 6 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/POLOOWWALONDON
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone Number: (+44) 20 7839 8078
Fax: (+44) 20 7839 7345