For OFWs in Finland, renewing your OWWA membership is essential to access varying OWWA benefits. We also encourage OFWs who have obtained employment via a visit visa in Finland to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership. And to make things convenient for OFWs, we’ve created an in-depth guide for OWWA membership in Finland.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies confirm OFWs’ legal employment and access to OWWA benefits.
Through the OWWA membership program, OFWs and their dependents can access varying services and support to improve their career, education, and living condition. The membership also entitles OFWs to legal assistance if they have employer issues and financial aid during difficulties.
In addition, active OWWA members can avail of varying programs, like educational training, scholarships, and livelihood. The membership also acts as insurance, providing OFWs with medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, we encourage OFWs in Finland to renew or apply for OWWA membership to enjoy maximum OWWA benefits.
Whether you’re renewing or a first-time applicant, here are the following documentary requirements to comply with for OWWA membership as per the guideline from the Philippine Embassy in London:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- Certificate of Oath and Identification page for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
With its primary purpose of assisting and protecting OFWs and their dependents, OWWA’s services, programs, and support are only available to OWWA members. Nonetheless, not everyone can become a member since OFWs should meet and maintain the qualification criteria of OWWA. So to qualify for OWWA membership, OFWs should have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
Moreover, OFWs who have acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment are qualified for OWWA membership. On the other hand, the following individuals don’t qualify for OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Finland
As of writing, Finland doesn’t have an online appointment system for OWWA membership, and designated POLO doesn’t exist in the country. POLO-OWWA London has jurisdiction over Finland. So OFWs in Finland may contact POLO-OWWA London regarding labor-related services and concerns.
Nonetheless, OFWs in Finland may book an appointment for OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission conducted by the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Helsinki and POLO-OWWA London. You may refer to the Philippine Embassies in Oslo and Stockholm since they also offer a Consular Outreach Mission in Finland. For those vacationing in the Philippines, you may also book an appointment with DMW or the nearest OWWA Regional office.
Applying for OWWA Membership in Finland
Based on the available details online, OFWs in Finland can apply on-site for OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission. Just contact the relevant offices for the schedule and to book an appointment.
Another way to apply for OWWA membership is through the email or Facebook page of POLO-OWWA London. All you need to do is to secure and scan your documentary requirements. Then, send your scanned documents to the POLO-OWWA email or Facebook page.
But if you want the easiest way to renew your membership, you can do so through the OWWA mobile app. You can also contact your agency for assistance with the OWWA membership application. Also, we advise contacting the said offices to know the latest application process applicable to OFWs in Finland.
Paying OWWA Membership in Finland
As stated, OFWs in Finland can apply for OWWA membership via Consular Outreach Mission. You can pay the OWWA membership fee on-site if you prefer this process. If processing via POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page, you’ll receive payment instructions in your email once you’re qualified for OWWA membership.
On the contrary, renewing your OWWA membership using the OWWA mobile app is more convenient since you can choose from varying payment methods. You can pay online via bank and e-wallet or pay the contribution fee at over-the-counter payment centers. If you’re not in the Philippines, you can ask your relatives to pay the OWWA membership fee.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission
- Contact the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Helsinki and POLO-OWWA London for the schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission in Finland. Also, you may contact the Philippine Embassy in Oslo and Stockholm, as they also conduct a Consular Outreach Mission in Finland.
- Book an appointment for OWWA membership registration or renewal.
- Secure your requirements and a printout of your confirmed appointment schedule sent via email.
- Head to the designated application site on the day of your appointment.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and collect your official receipt.
Via Email/Facebook Page
- Download and fill out the OFW Information Sheet.
- Scan the documentary requirements for OWWA membership.
- Next, send the scanned documents to POLO-OWWA London email at email@example.com or their Facebook page for evaluation.
- Wait for an email from POLO-OWWA London regarding your application for OWWA membership.
- Once qualified, follow the payment transaction for the OWWA membership fee sent via email or inquire at the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page.
- Take a screenshot of the successful payment transaction.
- Send the screenshot to the POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page.
- Then, you’ll receive an electronic copy of your official receipt. You can also book an appointment to claim your official receipt at the Philippine Embassy in London.
Do note that POLO-OWWA London announced on their Facebook page that the email firstname.lastname@example.org is currently not working. Thus, OFWs applying for OWWA membership through email may submit their documentary requirements to email@example.com.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email since it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Finland
To ensure the successful application of your OWWA membership in Finland, please take note of the following reminders:
- As of writing, Finland is under the jurisdiction of POLO-OWWA London.
- OFWs in Finland can process their OWWA membership via Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, and POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test taken 48 hours from the visit.
- OFWs should book an appointment with the Philippine Embassy in London to claim their OWWA membership official receipt.
- Since the details online aren’t updated and may no longer exist, OFWs in Finland should contact their agency and the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Helsinki. You can also contact POLO-OWWA London and Philippine Embassies in Oslo and Stockholm for more information. For the latest updates, visit their official websites and Facebook pages.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Finland?
As of writing, Finland doesn’t have an online OWWA appointment.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Finland?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Finland via Consular Outreach Mission, POLO-OWWA London email/Facebook page, or OWWA mobile app.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Finland?
The OWWA membership fee in Finland is US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: OFW Shares Experience Renewing OWWA Membership
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ0LLaxxUGE
As discussed in the video, OWWA can provide OFWs with educational assistance and scholarship program for their dependents. OWWA can also give a financial grant of P50,000 up to P1,000,000 for the livelihood program. So OWWA membership is beneficial to OFWs.
To sum up, OFWs in Finland should ensure an active OWWA membership to access maximum benefits from OWWA. Additionally, we advise contacting the relevant offices to check the latest requirements and procedures for OWWA membership. But for those who urgently need to renew their OWWA membership, download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
Philippine Honorary Consulate in Helsinki, Finland
Address: Ylisrinne 6A/T2 02210, Espoo, Finland
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/895881031218522/discussion/preview
Telephone Number: +358 400 913 243
Philippine Embassy in London, United Kingdom
Operating Hours: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 6-11 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinUK
Emergency Hotline: (+44) 78 0279 0695
Address: 3F, 6 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/POLOOWWALONDON
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Telephone Number: (+44) 20 7839 8078
Fax: (+44) 20 7839 7345
Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Nedre Vollgate 4, Oslo, Norway
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinNorway
Telephone Number: +47 22 40 09 00
Philippine Embassy in Stockholm, Sweden
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: GRENSTIGEN 2A 181 31 LIDINGÖ, Stockholm, Sweden
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083358220287
Telephone Number: +46 70 847 47 80