If you’re an OFW in Luxembourg and wondering how to renew or apply for OWWA membership, this article is for you. This article is an in-depth guide to the application process for OWWA membership in Luxembourg. We also encourage OFWs who have obtained employment in Luxembourg via a visit visa and are not yet members to apply voluntarily to access the coverage and benefits provided by OWWA. So to learn more about the different application procedures for OWWA membership in Luxembourg, keep reading.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies assist OFWs in verifying if they obtained legal employment and access to OWWA benefits.
Furthermore, the OWWA membership includes loads of programs, services, and support that will benefit the lives and careers of OFWs and their dependents. With OWWA membership, OFWs can also acquire legal assistance when having employer conflicts and financial aid during difficulties, such as Covid-19. Active OWWA members can also access varying programs, including livelihood, loans, education, training benefits, scholarships, repatriation, and reintegration. Above all, OWWA membership acts like insurance for OFWs, providing them medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. That’s why we encourage OFWs in Luxembourg to apply for or renew their OWWA membership to enjoy maximum benefits.
According to an announcement made by the Philippine Embassy in Belgium, here are the following application requirements for OWWA membership in Luxembourg:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Company ID
- Copy of payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Application for Philippine insurance with employer’s signature
- Other relevant documents proving employment
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
With its mission to protect OFWs and their dependents, OWWA’s programs and services are beneficial. However, OWWA has qualification criteria for aspiring members to ensure the fair provision of benefits. And to qualify, an applicant should have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas. OFWs who have acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment are qualified for OWWA membership.
On the other hand, applicants without active and continuous employment cannot apply for or renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Luxembourg
As of writing, there is no available online appointment system for OWWA membership applications in Luxembourg, and there is no designated POLO in this area. But POLO Berlin has jurisdiction over Luxembourg, so they handle OFWs’ labor-related concerns and services.
For an on-site OWWA membership application in Luxembourg, you may contact the Philippine Embassy in Belgium and POLO Berlin, as they conduct a Consular Outreach Mission. Note that the Consular Outreach Mission often requires an appointment. Thus, you should contact their office to book an appointment.
Nonetheless, OFWs vacationing in the Philippines also have the option to apply for or renew their OWWA membership at DMW, which requires an appointment. You may also refer to the Philippine Consulate in Luxembourg for inquiries on OWWA membership.
Applying for OWWA membership in Luxembourg
Based on the available details on the Facebook page and website of the Philippine Embassy in Berlin and Belgium, OFWs in Luxembourg have three options to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. The first option is to send the application requirements via email. But since the post was last April 2020, it is ideal to contact POLO Berlin first if this process still exists.
The second option is to register for OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission. For OFWs who don’t have the time to take a day off, another option is to process your membership application through the OWWA Membership Payment Registration portal. Lastly, to ensure OFWs can keep their OWWA membership active, the most convenient option is to renew it via OWWA mobile app.
Paying OWWA Membership in Luxembourg
As stated, OFWs in Luxembourg have up to four options to apply for their OWWA membership. So OFWs also have four ways to pay the OWWA membership fee in Luxembourg, including:
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
- Secure the requirements for the OWWA membership application.
- Send a scanned copy of your documents to email@example.com.
- Wait for the confirmation from POLO Berlin that your application was approved.
- Once approved, pay the OWWA membership fee to OWWA with the following details:
- Account Name: Embassy of the Philippines-OWWA
- Bank Name: DEUTSCHE BANK AG
- Complete Address: UNTER DEN LINDEN 13/15, 10117 Berlin
- Bank ID Code (BIC): DEUTDEBB101
- International Bank Account Number (IBAN): DE61 1007 0100 0310 9808 00
- Then, send proof of your bank transfer or remittance for the OWWA membership fee payment.
Via Consular Outreach Mission (For Philippine Embassy, Belgium & POLO Berlin)
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Belgium and POLO Berlin regarding the Consular Outreach Mission schedules.
- Book an appointment with the relevant offices.
- Go to the location of the Consular Outreach Mission.
- Bring your requirements and proof of a confirmed appointment schedule.
- Submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim your official receipt.
Via OWWA Online Membership Registration
- Visit the online OWWA Membership Payment Registration portal.
- Fill out the required fields, including Personal Information, Employment Details, and Legal Beneficiaries.
- Upload your Proof of Employment and valid Philippine passport.
- Click Submit Application.
- Then, wait for an email confirmation containing the transaction number and payment instructions for the OWWA membership fee.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email as it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Luxembourg
To successfully process your OWWA membership in Luxembourg, please take note of the following reminders:
- There is no online appointment system and designated POLO in Luxembourg.
- POLO Berlin has jurisdiction over Luxembourg and provides labor-related services for OFWs in this area.
- Since Luxembourg is under the jurisdiction of POLO Berlin, OFWs can use the OWWA Membership Payment Registration portal.
- OFWs who want to process their OWWA membership application via email should contact POLO Berlin to confirm if the process still exists.
- The Philippine Embassy in Belgium conducts Consular Outreach Mission in Luxembourg. So OFWs may contact their office for the schedule.
- OFWs vacationing in the Philippines can apply for OWWA membership at DMW by booking an appointment.
- OFWs should wear proper attire when visiting the Philippine Embassy and other government offices. Do not wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers to prevent being prohibited entry.
- For OFWs applying on-site, bring proof of your confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from your visit.
- Since most of the details online aren’t updated, OFWs should contact the Philippine Consulate in Luxembourg, POLO Berlin, and the Philippine Embassy in Belgium for more information.
Video: OWWA BENEFITS FOR OFW UPDATE2022, MGA DAPAT MONG MALAMAN,MGA BENEFITS KAILANGAN MO BILANG ISANG OFW.
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, the OWWA membership contribution is good for two years. The contribution fee is also payable at POLO, OWWA regional welfare offices, OWWA counters at NAIA terminals, and OWWA mobile app. Most importantly, once the payment is complete for the OWWA membership fee, the coverage and benefits automatically apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Luxembourg?
As of writing, an online OWWA appointment isn’t available in Luxembourg.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Luxembourg?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Luxembourg via email, Consular Outreach Mission, WWA Online Membership Registration portal, or OWWA mobile app.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Luxembourg?
The OWWA membership fee in Luxembourg is US$25.00 converted to Euro based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory for those processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
In short, OFWs in Luxembourg have varying ways to apply for or renew their OWWA membership. Thus, keeping their OWWA membership won’t be a problem.
For OFWs who are not yet OWWA members, you can contact the Philippine Consulate in Luxembourg or your agency to assist you. So we encouraged OFWs in Luxembourg to renew or register now for OWWA membership to enjoy different benefits.
Philippine Consulate, Luxembourg
Address: New Ernst & Young Building, 35E Avenue John F. Kennedy 2, L-1855 Luxembourg
GSM: +352 09 18 38406
Philippine Embassy in Berlin, Germany
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Luisenstrasse 16 10117 Berlin Mitte Germany
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinGermany/
Telephone Number: +49 (0) 30 864 9500
Emergency Hotline: +49 (0) 17 3521 5703
Fax Number: (030) 87 32 55 1
Philippine Embassy in Brussels, Belgium
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-1:00 pm, Monday to Friday (No Lunch Break)
Address: Avenue Molière 297, 1050 Ixelles Brussels, Belgium
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinBelgium/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (For other concerns)
Telephone Number: +32 (0) 2 340 33 77 / +32 (0) 2 340 33 78
For Consular: +32 2 340 33 73
Emergency Hotline: +32 (0) 488 60 91 77