For OFWs in Kazakhstan with expired OWWA membership, we advise you to prioritize renewing your OWWA membership to access varying OWWA benefits long-term. We also encourage OFWs in Kazakhstan with employment obtained through a visit visa to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership. With that said, we’ve created an in-depth guide for OWWA membership in Kazakhstan to give you an overview. We also added the contact details of relevant offices that can help you, so read on!
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies confirm OFWs’ legal employment and access to OWWA benefits.
The OWWA membership is one of the most beneficial government programs for OFWs and their dependents, including access to support and services to improve their education, livelihood, and well-being. Furthermore, OFWs experiencing conflict with their employers can request legal assistance and financial aid during difficult times. OWWA also serve as OFWs insurance, which provides them medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, we encourage OFWs in Kazakhstan to renew or apply for OWWA membership to enjoy the OWWA benefits.
To apply for or renew your OWWA membership in Kazakhstan, here are the primary documentary requirements you should secure as per the Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in Russia:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Company ID
- Copy of payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Application for Philippine insurance with employer’s signature
- Other relevant documents proving employment
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to KZT based on the foreign exchange rate.
With the services, programs, and assistance OWWA provide, many OFWs benefit from it, including their dependents. However, not all OFWs can become members, as they should meet and maintain the qualification criteria for OWWA membership. OFWs who want to be OWWA members should have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
In addition, OFWs who have acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment can be OWWA members. Meanwhile, OFWs who cannot meet the qualification criteria cannot be OWWA members, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- Under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Kazakhstan
As of writing, an online appointment system for OWWA membership in Kazakhstan isn’t available since this country doesn’t have a designated POLO. But the Philippine Embassy in Russia conducts a Consular Outreach Mission in Kazakhstan. So OFWs in Kazakhstan may call their office to confirm if they process OWWA membership registration and renewal.
Furthermore, OFWs in Kazakhstan may inquire about OWWA membership with the nearest POLO offices in Berlin, Beirut, and Riyadh. But if vacationing in the Philippines, contact DMW or OWWA Regional office to book an appointment.
Applying for OWWA membership in Kazakhstan
According to the Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in Russia, they conduct a Consular Outreach Mission in Kazakhstan. But since it’s unclear if they process OWWA membership, we advise OFWs in Kazakhstan to contact the said office or their agency for assistance.
Aside from the on-site application process, OFWs can easily renew their membership with the OWWA mobile app. It is the most recommended process since you no longer need an appointment and submits requirements. You can also renew your OWWA membership at your convenience.
Paying OWWA Membership in Kazakhstan
As stated, the Philippine Embassy in Russia conducts a Consular Outreach Mission in Kazakhstan. So OFWs can pay the contribution fee on-site if the OWWA membership process is available. You can also pay the OWWA membership fee on-site if processing your membership at DMW or OWWA Regional office.
On the contrary, paying the OWWA membership fee is easier using the OWWA mobile app. Under this process, you can pay the contribution fee through an online bank, e-wallet, or payment center in the Philippines. You can also ask your relatives to pay the contribution fee if you’re not in the Philippines.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy in Russia)
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Russia.
- Book an appointment for OWWA membership.
- Visit the designated application site on the day of your appointment.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, claim your OWWA membership official receipt.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email as it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Kazakhstan
Please take note of the following reminders if renewing or applying for OWWA membership in Kazakhstan:
- As of writing, there is no designated POLO or online appointment system for OWWA membership in Kazakhstan.
- The nearest POLO offices in Kazakhstan are in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Germany.
- OFWs in Kazakhstan may process their OWWA membership through the Consular Outreach Mission conducted by the Philippine Embassy in Russia, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- We advise OFWs in Kazakhstan to contact the Philippine Embassy in Russia, the POLO offices near their area, and their agency for more details on OWWA membership. You may also visit their official websites and Facebook pages for the latest announcements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Kazakhstan?
As of writing, an online OWWA appointment isn’t available in Kazakhstan.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Kazakhstan?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Kazakhstan through Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Kazakhstan?
The OWWA membership fee in Kazakhstan is US$25.00 converted to KZT based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR OWWA MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL IN OWWA APP USING GCASH PAYMENT | OWWA APP | GCASH.
For more information on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, OFWs renewing their membership through the OWWA mobile app can conveniently pay the contribution fee via GCash. Aside from that, OFWs can pay the OWWA membership fee at 7eleven convenience stores. Thus, no matter where you are, you can pay the OWWA membership fee without a problem.
In summary, OFWs in Kazakhstan should always ensure their OWWA membership is active to access varying benefits, especially during unexpected circumstances. But there are few details on the OWWA membership application process in Kazakhstan. Thus, we advise OFWs to contact the relevant offices or download the OWWA mobile app to renew their membership.
Philippine Embassy in Russia
Operating Hours: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Karmanitsky Pereulok 6/8, 121099 Moscow
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinRussia
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Numbers: +7(499)241-0563 / 241-0564 / 241-0565
Embassy Hotline: +7(906)738-2538
Fax Number: +7(499)241-2630
POLO-OWWA Beirut, Lebanon
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 2nd Floor W. Building, Mar Geries St., Hadath, Baabda, Lebanon
Website: https://pololebanon.weebly.com/, https://beirutpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinLebanon/, https://web.facebook.com/pololebanon/
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
POLO Telephone Number: +961 05 953 523, +961 71 418 657
OWWA Telephone Number: +961 05 953 524
POLO-OWWA Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Address: 3267 Makkah Al Mukarramah Branch Road, Al Mutamarat, Riyadh 12711 8103
Website: https://poloksa-ph.com/, https://riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Polo-Owwa-Riyadh-2021-103598298509929/
POLO Riyadh Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
POLO-OWWA Riyadh Hotline: +966 50 285 0944
POLO-OWWA Berlin, Germany
Operating Hours: 9:20 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (By Appointment Only)
Address: Luisenstrasse 16 10117 Berlin Mitte Germany
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinGermany/
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: POLO- +49 (0) 30 864 95 0 301, OWWA- +49 1523 765 7614