For OFWs in Indonesia, you should ensure renewing your OWWA membership to access long-term benefits from OWWA. We also encourage OFWs in Indonesia to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership if they have obtained employment via a visit visa. And in this article, we’ll share an in-depth guide on the application process for OWWA membership in Indonesia. We also added the details of relevant offices you may contact to make the procedure more convenient.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies confirm OFWs’ legal employment and access to OWWA benefits.
With the OWWA membership, OFWs and their dependents can access different services, programs, and support to improve their career, education, and living condition. OWWA will also act as the government helping hand in times of difficulty by providing financial aid and legal assistance to OFWs who conflict with their employers.
In addition, active OWWA members can access programs such as scholarships, educational training, and livelihood. The membership also acts as OFW’s insurance, entitles them to medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, we encourage OFWs in Indonesia to renew or apply for OWWA membership to access maximum OWWA benefits.
If you’re an OFW in Indonesia, you may refer to the following documentary requirements below for OWWA membership as per the nearest POLO-OWWA offices located in Singapore and Malaysia:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- Certificate of Oath Allegiance for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to IDR based on the foreign exchange rate.
Although OWWA offers good services, programs, and services that will benefit OFWs and their dependents, not everyone is qualified to become OWWA members. OWWA requires its members to have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas. Moreover, OWWA accepts OFW members who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries and are still Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment.
On the contrary, the following individuals who cannot meet and maintain the qualification criteria are not eligible to renew or apply for OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Indonesia
As of writing, an online appointment system for OWWA membership doesn’t exist in Indonesia. There is also no designated POLO in this country, and the official website of the Philippine Embassy in Jakarta doesn’t have any information regarding the OWWA membership procedure in Indonesia.
Thus, OFWs in Indonesia may refer to the nearest POLO-OWWA offices in Singapore and Malaysia for inquiries on OWWA membership. You may also ask for assistance from your agency to process your OWWA membership. But vacationing in the Philippines, you may contact DMW or the nearest OWWA Regional office to book an appointment for OWWA membership or inquire if they accept walk-ins.
Applying for OWWA Membership in Indonesia
OFWs in Indonesia may refer to the on-site OWWA membership program of POLO-OWWA offices in Singapore and Malaysia since the website of the Philippine Embassy in Jakarta doesn’t have any information about OWWA membership.
We advise OFWs to contact the said offices regarding the latest application process for OWWA membership in Indonesia. But you can also apply for OWWA membership if vacationing in the Philippines. Another easy way to renew your membership is to use the OWWA mobile, which is more convenient.
Paying OWWA Membership in Indonesia
As stated, OFWs in Indonesia have three options to apply for OWWA membership. For those processing on-site at POLO-OWWA Singapore or Malaysia, you can pay the OWWA membership fee during your application. You can also pay the contribution fee at DMW or OWWA Regional office.
But since the POLO-OWWA offices are far from Indonesia, you can renew your membership via OWWA mobile app. Then, pay the contribution fee through an online bank, e-wallet, or over-the-payment centers. If you’re not in the Philippines, you can ask your relatives to pay the contribution fee.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via On-Site OWWA Membership Program (POLO-OWWA Singapore/Malaysia)
- Visit the official website of POLO Singapore or click the OWWA appointment button here. POLO-OWWA Malaysia accepts walk-ins at their office for OWWA membership.
- Print or take a screenshot of the confirmation sent to your email as proof of the confirmed appointment schedule.
- Visit POLO-OWWA Singapore or Malaysia on the day of your appointment.
- Present proof of your appointment if needed.
- Head to the OWWA counter and submit your documentary requirements for evaluation.
- Then, pay the OWWA membership fee and collect your official receipt.
These steps also apply if processing your OWWA membership at DMW or the nearest OWWA Regional office. But ensure to contact their office to confirm if an appointment is still necessary.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email since it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Indonesia
Please take note of the following reminders if you wish to process your OWWA membership in Indonesia:
- As of writing, Indonesia doesn’t have a designated POLO, and the nearest POLO-OWWA offices are in Singapore and Malaysia.
- OFWs in Indonesia may apply via OWWA mobile app and on-site at DMW or OWWA Regional office. Contact POLO-OWWA Singapore and Malaysia to confirm if OFWs in Indonesia can visit their office for an on-site OWWA membership program.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test taken 48 hours from the visit.
- Considering there are no relevant details online for OWWA membership in Indonesia, OFWs should contact the Philippine Embassy in Jakarta and the POLO-OWWA offices in Singapore and Malaysia. You may also visit their official websites and Facebook pages for the latest updates.
Video: ANO ANG OWWA? PAANO MAGREGISTER, ANO ANG BENEFITS AT MAGKANO?!
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, the OWWA membership is valid for two years regardless of contract duration and renewable after two years if you have proof of active employment. OWWA also offers social benefits like disability, dismemberment, death, and burial assistance. Thus, OFWs should take advantage of OWWA benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Indonesia?
As of writing, an online OWWA appointment isn’t available in Indonesia.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Indonesia?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Indonesia through OWWA mobile or with POLO-OWWA Singapore and Malaysia.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Indonesia?
The OWWA membership fee in Indonesia is US$25.00 converted to IDR based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
With this guide, we hope you have learned how the application for OWWA membership works. But note that we still encourage OFWs to contact the said OFWs using the following information below since there are no specific details online for OWWA membership in Indonesia. You can also choose to renew your membership via OWWA mobile app if applying on-site doesn’t apply to you.
Philippine Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia
Address: Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines- Jalan Imam Bonjol No.8 Menteng Jakarta Pusat, 10310 Republic of Indonesia
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinIndonesia
Telephone Number: +62 21 310 0334
Hotline: +62 21 310 0334 Local 108
Mobile/WhatsApp: +62 811 887 344
Fax: +62 21 315 1167
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 20 Nassim Road, Singapore, Singapore
Website: https://polosingapore.dole.gov.ph/, http://owwa.gov.ph
Facebook Pages: https://web.facebook.com/POLOSPORE, https://web.facebook.com/WeloveOWWASingapore
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
POLO Telephone Number: +65 9113 6552
OWWA Telephone Number: +65 6951 4001
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: No. 1 Changkat Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Website: https://kualalumpurpe.dfa.gov.ph/, https://web.facebook.com/owwa.kl/
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinMalaysia
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
OWWA Telephone Numbers: +(603) 9226 7117, +(603) 0173 804163 (Hotline)
POLO Telephone Numbers: +(603) 2181 7299, +(603) 2161 2222, +(6017) 8837 089 (Hotline)