Are you wondering how to process your OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands? If yes, search no more, as we got your back. In this article, we’ll share an in-depth guide on OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands, from the documentary requirements to the application process for OFWs. We also added the contact details of relevant offices that you can inquire with or assist you. So keep reading to learn more about OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration was founded in 1977 and mandated by the Philippine government to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. It’s also an attached agency of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) that assist OFWs worldwide through funded contributions.
The membership program OWWA provides also includes varying services and support for OFWs and their dependents, from livelihood to education and scholarship. In addition, the agency assists distressed OFWs with financial and legal issues and serve as insurance. It provides medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial benefits. That’s why OFWs in the Faroe Islands are encouraged to apply voluntarily or renew their OWWA membership.
For OFWs in the Faroe Islands processing their OWWA membership, here are the following documentary requirements you should secure according to the Philippine Embassy in London:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Original and copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of the Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- Certificate of Oath and Identification page for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to DKK based on the foreign exchange rate.
Since OWWA provides different benefits to its members, many OFWs want to apply for membership. However, not everyone can become a member, as they should meet the qualification criteria OWWA imposed. OWWA members should have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
OFWs who have also obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries qualify for OWWA membership, given they retain Filipino citizenship with full-time or permanent employment. On the other hand, individuals who cannot meet OWWA’s qualification criteria are not eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- Under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in the Faroe Islands
As of writing, an online appointment system for OWWA membership isn’t available in the Faroe Islands. This country also doesn’t have a designated POLO. It’s under the jurisdiction of POLO-OWWA London, providing a Consular Outreach Mission with the Philippine Embassy in London and Denmark.
Thus, OFWs who wish to process their OWWA membership should contact these offices for an appointment and inquires about the schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission. Meanwhile, OFWs may also book an appointment with DMW or OWWA Regional office, applicable if vacationing in the Philippines.
Applying for OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands
Considering POLO-OWWA London has jurisdiction over the Faroe Islands, OFWs may process their OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission. POLO-OWWA London also processes OWWA membership through their email or Facebook page. So you may contact them to confirm if this process still exists and apply to OFWs in the Faroe Islands.
Aside from that, OFWs can process their membership on-site at DMW or OWWA Regional office when vacationing in the Philippines. Nonetheless, OFWs who want convenience are encouraged to process their membership through OWWA mobile app.
Paying OWWA Membership in the Faroe Islands
As stated earlier, OFWs in the Faroe Islands can process their OWWA membership on-site via Consular Outreach Mission, DMW, or OWWA Regional office. If you choose to process on-site, you can also pay the contribution fee the same day. If processing via email or the Facebook page of POLO-OWWA London, follow the payment instructions they will send once you qualify.
But if processing through OWWA mobile app, you can pay the OWWA membership via an online bank, e-wallet, or over-the-counter payment centers. You can even ask your relatives in the Philippines to pay the contribution fee.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Email/Facebook Page (POLO-OWWA London)
- Download and fill out the OFW Information Sheet.
- Scan the documentary requirements for OWWA membership.
- Next, send the scanned documents to POLO-OWWA London email at firstname.lastname@example.org or their Facebook page for evaluation.
- Wait for an email from POLO-OWWA London regarding your application for OWWA membership.
- Once qualified, follow the payment transaction for the OWWA membership fee sent via email or inquire at the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page.
- Take a screenshot of the successful payment transaction.
- Send the screenshot to the POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page.
- Then, you’ll receive an electronic copy of your official receipt. You can also book an appointment to claim your official receipt at the Philippine Embassy in London.
Via Consular Outreach Mission (POLO-OWWA London)
- Contact the POLO-OWWA London.
- Book an appointment for OWWA membership.
- Print or take a screenshot of the confirmed appointment schedule sent to your email.
- Complete the documentary requirements for application.
- Visit the designated site for the Consular Outreach Mission in the Faroe Islands.
- Proceed to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim the official receipt of your payment.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email since it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in the Faroe Islands
Please take note of the following reminders if you’re renewing or applying for OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands:
- As of writing, Faroe Islands doesn’t have a designated POLO. This country is under the jurisdiction of POLO-OWWA London.
- OFWs in the Faroe Islands may process their OWWA membership through POLO-OWWA London Consular Outreach Mission, Facebook page, or email. OFWs may also process their membership via OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. Applicants wearing strictly prohibited outfits, including sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers, cannot enter the premise.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- For assistance on OWWA membership, OFWs in the Faroe Islands may contact the Philippine Embassy in Denmark, the Philippine Embassy and POLO London, and their agency. You may also visit their official websites and Facebook pages for the latest updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in the Faroe Islands?
As of writing, Faroe Islands doesn’t have an online OWWA appointment.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands?
You can renew your OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands via Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, and POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands?
The OWWA membership fee in the Faroe Islands is US$25.00 converted to DKK based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: OWWA MOBILE APP AND HOW TO RENEW OWWA CONTRIBUTIONS – ONLINE By JV’s Official Channel
Please watch the video below for more information on OWWA membership:
As discussed in the video, OFWs can process their OWWA membership through OWWA mobile app. Under this app, OFWs can also check the status of their OWWA membership and employment details. The OWWA membership fee is also payable online with this app.
To summarize, OFWs in the Faroe Islands should prioritize processing their OWWA membership to ensure access to varying benefits. We advise OFWs to use the OWWA mobile app for more convenient payment transactions. Also, don’t forget to contact the relevant offices for the latest information on OWWA membership in the Faroe Islands.
Philippine Embassy in London, United Kingdom
Operating Hours: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 6-11 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinUK
Emergency Hotline: (+44) 78 0279 0695
Address: 3F, 6 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/POLOOWWALONDON
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: (+44) 20 7839 8078
Fax: (+44) 20 7839 7345
Philippine Embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark
Address: Arne Jacobsens Allé 13, 1. sal, Copenhagen, Denmark
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinDenmark
Telephone Number: +45 7141 5952
Emergency Hotline: +45 2273 3933