Are you wondering how to apply for your OWWA membership in Serbia? Or your OWWA membership is expiring, and you want to renew it? Whatever the case is, this article is for you. This article is an in-depth guide on the application process for OWWA membership in Serbia. We also listed the contact details of relevant offices that you may reach out assistance in processing your OWWA membership. So read on to find out how to process OWWA membership in Serbia.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency attached to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), founded in 1977. Its mandate is to promote the welfare and ensure the safety of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents worldwide. Moreover, the agency offers a membership program to OFWs, providing them with necessary services and support, such as livelihood, scholarship, and educational training benefits.
OWWA also helps active members suffering from maltreatment and distress through financial or legal assistance. Most importantly, it acts as OFW’s insurance, ensuring them benefits that involve medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial. Therefore, OFWs in Serbia are encouraged to renew or apply voluntarily for OWWA membership to access varying assistance and benefits.
For OFWs in Serbia applying for or renewing their OWWA membership, here are the following primary documentary requirements you should secure for the evaluation as per POLO Milan’s Facebook post:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Original and copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of the Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad acknowledge by POLO Milan.
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to RSD based on the foreign exchange rate.
The OWWA membership is one of the most beneficial programs of the Philippine government to OFWs and their families, ensuring access to support and assistance, especially in difficult times. Nonetheless, not everyone is eligible for OWWA membership since aspiring members should meet and maintain the qualification criteria of OWWA. OFWs should have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas to be eligible OWWA members.
Aside from that, OWWA accept OFW members who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries, given they remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment. However, OFWs who cannot meet OWWA’s qualification criteria are not qualified to renew or apply for OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Serbia
As of writing, an online appointment system for OWWA membership isn’t available in Serbia. This country is also under the jurisdiction of POLO Milan, providing OFWs with labor-related concerns and services. In addition, POLO Milan and the Philippine Embassy in Hungary conduct Consular Outreach Missions in Serbia, which requires an appointment.
Thus, OFWs may contact POLO Milan, the Philippine Embassy in Hungary, and the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Belgrade, Serbia, for more information and the upcoming schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission. Meanwhile, OFWs vacationing in the Philippines may book an appointment with DMW or OWWA Regional office to process their OWWA membership.
Applying for OWWA membership in Serbia
According to the official website and Facebook pages of POLO Milan and the Philippine Embassy in Hungary, they have jurisdiction over Serbia, and they conduct a Consular Outreach Mission in this country. So OFWs in Serbia may process their OWWA membership on-site. Also, note that the OWWA OSMP Scheduler only applies to OFWs in Milan or Northern Italy.
So OFWs in Serbia should contact the relevant offices directly for an appointment. OFWs can also process their OWWA membership on-site at DMW or OWWA Regional office if vacationing in the Philippines. But the easiest way to process your OWWA membership is online via OWWA mobile app. Just download the app on your device and renew your OWWA membership anytime and anywhere.
Paying OWWA Membership in Serbia
There are two ways for OFWs in Serbia to pay the OWWA membership fee, on-site or online. For on-site payment, you should process your OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission, DMW, or OWWA Regional office. You can also pay the contribution fee at over-the-counter payment centers in the Philippines if you renew your OWWA membership through the OWWA mobile app.
But if you prefer convenient payment options, you can process your OWWA membership on OWWA mobile app. Then, pay the OWWA membership fee through an online bank or e-wallet. You can also ask your relatives in the Philippines to pay the contribution fee by providing them with the generated reference number of your request.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy Hungary & POLO Milan)
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Budapest, Hungary, and POLO Milan, Italy.
- Inquire regarding the upcoming schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission in Serbia
- Book an appointment for on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal.
- Print or take a screenshot of the confirmed appointment schedule sent to your email.
- Complete the documentary requirements for application.
- Visit the designated application site on the day of your appointment.
- Submit your documentary requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim the official receipt of your payment.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email as it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Serbia
If you’re processing your OWWA membership in Serbia, please take note of the following reminders:
- As of writing, Serbia doesn’t have a designated POLO. This country is under the jurisdiction of POLO Milan and the Philippine Embassy in Hungary.
- OFWs in Serbia may process their OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. Note that applicants wearing the said outfit won’t be allowed to enter the premise despite having an appointment.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- OFWs may contact the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Serbia, the Philippine Embassy in Hungary, POLO Milan, and their agency for assistance and inquiries on the OWWA membership application process. You may also visit their official websites and Facebook pages for the latest announcements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Serbia?
As of writing, Serbia doesn’t have an online appointment for OWWA membership.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Serbia?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Serbia via Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Serbia?
The OWWA membership fee in Serbia is US$25.00 converted to RSD based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: OFW ACTIVE OR IN-ACTIVE OWWA MEMBER BENEFITS
For more information on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, whether an OFW has an active or inactive OWWA membership status, they can access OWWA benefits. But they should meet some requirements to access varying OWWA benefits. Thus, becoming an OWWA member is beneficial for OFWs.
To summarize, OFWs in Serbia should ensure an active OWWA membership status to access maximum OWWA benefits. We also encourage all eligible OFWs to apply for or renew their OWWA membership in Serbia with POLO Milan or OWWA mobile app. Lastly, don’t forget to contact the relevant offices for the latest information on the documentary requirements and application process.
Philippine Honorary Consulate in Belgrade, Serbia
Operating Hours: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Bulevar Mihajla Pupina 10z/116, 11070 Novi Beograd, Serbia
Telephone Number: +381 64 820 2017, +381 64 820 2015, +381 11 4079679
Philippine Embassy in Budapest, Hungary
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Gábor Aron utca 58, Budapest, Hungary
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinHungary
Telephone Number: (+36) (1) 391-4300
Fax Number: (+36) (1) 200-5528
Temporary Operating Hours: 9 am to 1:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Philippine Consulate General Milan-Viale Stelvio, 71- Via Bernina 18, 20159 Milan, Italy
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/polomilanofficial/
Telephone Number: +39-02-668-4647 (POLO), +39-02-668-05954 (OWWA)