For OFWs in Denmark, applying for OWWA membership should be given importance to access different OWWA benefits. We also encourage OFWs in Denmark who have acquired employment through a visit visa to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership. With that said, we’ve created an in-depth guide for OWWA membership in Denmark.
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies confirm OFWs’ legal employment and access to OWWA benefits.
The OWWA membership provides services, programs, and supports to OFWs and their dependents that can help improve their education, career, and living condition. OWWA will also help OFWs who are experiencing conflict with employers by providing them with legal assistance or financial aid during calamities.
Furthermore, active OWWA members can access different programs, from scholarships to livelihood. By applying for OWWA membership, OFWs can get medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, we encourage OFWs in Denmark to renew or apply for OWWA membership to access maximum OWWA benefits.
If you wish to renew or apply for OWWA membership in Denmark, here are the following documentary requirements you should secure as per the application guide from the Philippine Embassy in London:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- Certificate of Oath and Identification page for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to DKK based on the foreign exchange rate
Considering that OWWA’s objective is to promote and ensure the welfare of OFWs and their dependents, they provide beneficial services, programs, and support to its members. However, not all OFWs can become OWWA members since OFWs should meet and maintain OWWA’s qualification criteria. OWWA requires its members to have active and continuous employment and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
In addition, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment can become OWWA members. On the contrary, the following individuals are not qualified to apply or even renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Denmark
As of writing, an online appointment system for OWWA membership doesn’t exist in Denmark. This country also doesn’t have a designated POLO, and it’s under the jurisdiction of POLO-OWWA London. Thus, OFWs in Denmark may refer to POLO-OWWA London regarding labor-related concerns and services.
On the other hand, the Philippine Embassy in Copenhagen and POLO-OWWA London recently conducted an On-site OFW Welfare & Services, which may require an appointment. So for more details, you may contact the said offices for the schedule and to book an appointment. For those vacationing in the Philippines, you may also process your OWWA membership by booking an appointment with DMW.
Applying for OWWA Membership in Denmark
According to the available details from the Philippine Embassy in London and Copenhagen, OFWs in Denmark have two options to process their OWWA membership. If you want to process your OWWA membership on-site, you can attend the OFW Welfare & Services.
Another option is to submit your documentary requirements to the POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page. Ensure to scan your documents clearly and submit them to POLO-OWWA London. But note that it’s unclear if this process still exists. So make sure to contact POLO-OWWA London before applying via email or Facebook page.
Lastly, the most hassle-free procedure is to renew your membership online using the OWWA mobile app. You may also reach out to your agency to assist you in processing your OWWA membership. Also, don’t forget to contact the relevant offices for the latest application procedure and requirements.
Paying OWWA Membership in Denmark
Since there are three ways to process OWWA membership in Denmark, the payment also differs depending on your chosen method. You can pay the contribution fee on-site during your appointment
if you apply for OWWA membership through OFW Welfare & Services.
But if you use the POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page, you should submit your documentary requirements online. Then, pay the OWWA membership fee once you’re qualified. POLO-OWWA London will send the payment instruction to your email.
If you choose to renew your membership via OWWA mobile app, you should provide the required information online. For the payment, you can opt for an online bank, e-wallet, or over-the-counter payment center. If you’re not in the Philippines, you can ask your relatives to pay the OWWA membership fee.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via On-site OFW Welfare & Services
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Copenhagen and POLO-OWWA London for the schedule and appointment for on-site OFW Welfare & Services in Denmark.
- Secure your requirements and a printout of your confirmed appointment schedule sent via email.
- Visit the Philippine Embassy in Copenhagen or the designated application site on the day of your appointment.
- Head to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and collect your official receipt.
Via Email/Facebook Page
- Download and fill out the OFW Information Sheet.
- Scan the documentary requirements for OWWA membership.
- Next, send the scanned documents to POLO-OWWA London email at email@example.com or their Facebook page for evaluation.
- Wait for an email from POLO-OWWA London regarding your application for OWWA membership.
- Once qualified, follow the payment transaction for the OWWA membership fee sent via email or inquire at the POLO-OWWA London Facebook page.
- Take a screenshot of the successful payment transaction.
- Send the screenshot to the POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page.
- Then, you’ll receive an electronic copy of your official receipt. You can also book an appointment to claim your official receipt at the Philippine Embassy in London.
Also, POLO-OWWA London posted an announcement on their Facebook page stating that the email London@owwa.gov.ph isn’t working. So OFWs may submit their documentary requirements for OWWA membership to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email since it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Denmark
Please take note of the following reminders if you wish to renew your OWWA membership in Denmark:
- As of writing, Denmark doesn’t have an online appointment system, and it’s under the jurisdiction of POLO-OWWA London.
- OFWs in Denmark can process their OWWA membership through On-Site OFW Welfare & Services, OWWA mobile app, and POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test taken 48 hours from the visit.
- OFWs should book an appointment with the Philippine Embassy in London to claim their OWWA membership official receipt.
- For more details on OWWA membership, OFWs in Denmark should contact the Philippine Embassy in Copenhagen, Philippine Embassy in London, and POLO-OWWA London. You may also visit their official websites and Facebook pages for the latest updates.
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Denmark?
As of writing, Denmark doesn’t have an online OWWA appointment.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Denmark?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Denmark through On-site OFW Welfare & Services, OWWA mobile app, and POLO-OWWA London email or Facebook page.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Denmark?
The OWWA membership fee in Denmark is US$25.00 converted to DKK based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: Paano magrenew sa OWWA membership using cellphone/through GCASH/OFW TAIWAN/JemYT Vlogs
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As stated in the video, OFWs can renew their membership by downloading the OWWA mobile app on Play Store or App Store. The OWWA membership is valid for two years and is payable through GCash. Also, ensure to use an active email to register an account on OWWA mobile app.
Overall, OFWs in Denmark should prioritize renewing their OWWA membership to ensure access to benefits, especially during their most difficult times. There are also varying ways to process OWWA membership in Denmark, like the OWWA mobile app. That’s why OFWs in Denmark should keep an active OWWA membership to enjoy benefits, from educational training to financial assistance.
Philippine Embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark
Address: Arne Jacobsens Allé 13, 1. sal, Copenhagen, Denmark
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinDenmark
Telephone Number: +45 7141 5952
Emergency Hotline: +45 2273 3933
Philippine Embassy in London, United Kingdom
Operating Hours: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: 6-11 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinUK
Emergency Hotline: (+44) 78 0279 0695
Address: 3F, 6 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/POLOOWWALONDON
Telephone Number: (+44) 20 7839 8078
Fax: (+44) 20 7839 7345