For OFWs in Croatia, renewing or applying for OWWA membership is essential to be entitled to OWWA benefits. We also encourage you to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership if you have obtained employment in Croatia via a visit visa. And to help you out, we’ve created an in-depth guide about the application procedures for OWWA membership in Croatia. So let’s get started!
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency authorized to promote and protect the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. This agency works with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) or previously known as the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). These agencies confirm OFWs’ legal employment and access to OWWA benefits.
With the OWWA membership, different programs, services, and support are accessible to OFWs and their dependents that can help careers, livelihood, and education. OWWA also provide legal assistance for OFWs with employer issue and financial aid during calamities. In addition, varying programs are accessible to active OWWA members, including education training, scholarships, and livelihood. The OWWA membership also acts as OFW’s insurance, providing them medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial assistance. Thus, we encouraged OFWs in Croatia to renew or apply for OWWA membership to enjoy maximum OWWA benefits.
If you’re an OFW in Croatia applying for or renewing your OWWA membership, here are the documentary requirements you should secure as per the Facebook post of the Philippine Embassy in Austria:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Company ID
- Copy of payslip
- Copy of bank account salary entries
- Work or residence permit
- Employment acknowledgment from POLO Milan (with English translation)
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- Oath of Allegiance for OFWs with dual citizenship
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate.
The membership program OWWA provides is beneficial to OFWs and their dependents in their career, education, and livelihood. However, not everyone can apply for OWWA membership since OFWs need to meet and maintain the qualification criteria of OWWA. OFWs should be actively and continuously working and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas to be eligible for OWWA membership. Moreover, OFWs who acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries and are still Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment are eligible for OWWA membership.
On the other hand, OFWs who cannot meet or maintain the qualification criteria are not eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Croatia
As of writing, there is no online appointment system for OWWA membership applications in Croatia, and designated POLO isn’t available in this country. But POLO Milan has oversight jurisdiction in Croatia. Thus, OFWs in Croatia should contact POLO Milan for more information on OWWA membership and labor-related concerns and services.
According to a guide on the website of POLO Milan, they have an online appointment system for OWWA membership. But the OWWA OSMP Scheduler only caters to OFWs residing in Milan or Northern Italy. So OFWs who wish to apply on-site should contact POLO Milan to confirm the latest process applicable for OFWs in Croatia.
Furthermore, the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Zagreb posted an announcement on their Facebook page that the Philippine Embassy in Austria will conduct a Consular Outreach Mission in Croatia. So OFWs in Croatia should contact the Philippine Embassy in Austria and POLO Milan for the appointment as they provide the Consular Outreach Mission.
Lastly, if vacationing in the Philippines, you can also book an appointment with DMW or the nearest OWWA Regional office to process your OWWA membership. You may also contact the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Zagreb, Croatia, for assistance.
Applying for OWWA Membership in Croatia
Based on the available details online, OFWs in Croatia can process their OWWA membership through the Consular Outreach Mission conducted by POLO Milan and the Philippine Embassy in Austria. So OFWs in Croatia should book an appointment with the said offices. OFWs may also send their documentary requirements for OWWA membership evaluation if requested.
Another easy step to renew your OWWA membership in Croatia is to use the OWWA mobile app. This application process is more applicable for OFWs who don’t have the time to apply on-site or urgently need to renew their OWWA membership.
Paying OWWA Membership in Croatia
For OFWs processing their OWWA membership through the Consular Outreach Mission, ensure to secure your documentary requirements. Then, pay the OWWA membership fee on-site once you’re qualified. The same goes if applying at DMW or OWWA Regional office in the Philippines.
But if you opt to renew your OWWA membership via OWWA mobile app, you have varying payment options. You can pay online through a bank or e-wallet or generate a reference number by choosing over-the-counter payment centers. Then, ask your friends or relatives to pay the OWWA membership fee using the generated reference number if you’re not in the Philippines. To do so, follow the steps below:
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via On-Site OWWA Membership Application/Consular Outreach Mission
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Austria or POLO Milan for the schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission.
- Book an appointment for the OWWA membership application.
- Secure the documentary requirements for the application. You may also be requested to send scanned copies of your documentary requirements via email.
- Proceed to the designated application and bring a copy of your confirmed appointment schedule.
- Head to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Then, pay the OWWA membership fee and claim your official receipt.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email since it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Croatia
Please read the following reminders below to apply for or renew your OWWA membership in Croatia:
- As of writing, Croatia doesn’t have an online appointment system for OWWA membership and designated POLO. So POLO Milan has oversight jurisdiction over Croatia, providing OFWs with labor-related services and concerns.
- OFWs in Croatia can process their OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, or DMW when vacationing in the Philippines.
- OFWs should wear appropriate attire when visiting the Embassy or any government office. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers. Applicants wearing prohibited attires will not be allowed to enter the premise.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- Due to the few details online, we advise OFWs in Croatia to contact the relevant offices for the latest application process and other information. You can also check the latest announcement on the Facebook pages and website of the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Zagreb, the Philippine Embassy in Austria, and POLO Milan.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Croatia?
As of writing, an online OWWA appointment isn’t available in Croatia.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Croatia?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Austria through Consular Outreach Mission or OWWA mobile app.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Croatia?
The OWWA membership fee in Croatia is US$25.00 converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online via OWWA mobile app.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: OWWA Member Account Process
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, becoming an OWWA member is not difficult for OFWs since they can apply online and offline. OFWs only need to comply with the requirements and eligibility criteria to become an OWWA member.
To sum up, OFWs in Croatia should ensure the renewal of their OWWA membership to enjoy benefits accessible to active OWWA members. You can also renew your membership via OWWA mobile app or apply at Consular Outreach Mission held in Zagreb by POLO Milan or Philippine Embassy in Austria.
Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Zagreb, Croatia
Address: Tomasiceva 7, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Philippine-Honorary-Consulate-General-Zagreb-Croatia-300795313359494
Telephone Number: (+38 51) 46 12 000 or 46 18 414
Fax: (+38 51) 461 84 14
Philippine Embassy in Vienna, Austria
Address: Donau-City-Strasse 11, ARES Tower, Wien, Austria
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinAustria
Telephone Number: (+43 1) 5332401
Emergency Hotline: (+43 676) 442 2474
POLO-OWWA Milan, Italy
Address: Philippine Consulate General in Milan Building Viale Stelvio 71, 20159, Milan Italy
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/polomilanofficial
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone Number: POLO-(+39) 02 668 4647, OWWA-(+39) 02 668 05954
Whatsapp/Viber: POLO- (+39) 375 657 2333, OWWA-(+39) 375 676 2592