For Overseas Workers Filipinos (OFWs) who are based in Abu Dhabi, it is a must to become an Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) member. You will need to book an appointment at the POLO-OWWA office located at the Philippine Embassy in UAE and pay the fees. Please follow the guidelines and requirements outlined here to make an appointment and renew your OWWA membership in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
For residents based in Dubai, please follow the guide to OWWA appointment here – Schedule OWWA Appointment and Membership Renewal in Dubai, UAE
In order to go to the OWWA office, you first need to have an appointment online. You cannot enter the office or inquire about the programs and services unless you book a schedule online. So please be guided by this rule.
You can easily get an appointment by visiting the portal here – https://poloabudhabi.weebly.com/contract-verification.html and choosing the “Schedule an Appointment”. We have outlined the step-by-step process in the details below.
The OWWA government insurance program provides loads of beneficial services and programs to be acquired by active members and their dependents. That is why OFWs who have gone through the process of applying for jobs in the Philippines have it as part of the requirements before getting sent abroad.
On the other hand, OFWs who came to Abu Dhabi without being documented by Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) or acquired a job via visit visa can still become an OWWA members. By simply submitting the requirements and following the procedures listed in this article, you can become an OWWA member without worry.
Note: Filipinos based in Dubai and Northern Emirates can follow the OEC application guide in Dubai here.
For OFWs working in Abu Dhabi without an OWWA membership or with membership about to expire and change an employer, here are the following requirements you’ll need to benefit from the services and programs provided by the institution.
- Book an appointment at https://poloabudhabi.weebly.com/contract-verification.html
- POLO Verified Employment Contract for New Applicants, Change Employer, and Domestic Worker
- Latest Certificate of Employment for OWWA membership renewal working for the same employer
- Original and copy of passport (showing data page)
- Visa exceeding 90 days validity
- Copy of Valid Visa
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Pay Verification of Employment Contract fee of exactly 40 AED
- Pay OWWA Membership fee of exactly 92 AED
- Personal appearance only
Becoming a member of OWWA requires an OFW to be a legal or documented worker. Furthermore, the institution only accepts applicants who are actively and continuously working. Thus, the following lists of individuals are not eligible to apply or renew their OWWA membership in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking on OWWA Appointment in Abu Dhabi
Since the pandemic has occurred, the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office strictly implements the “No Appointment, No Entry” policy. Whether you’re visiting for OWWA membership, contract verification, or inquiring about the services and programs, it is a must to book an appointment.
Thus, the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office also allows applicants to process their OWWA membership renewal three months before it expires to avoid the rush. Also, make sure to take a screenshot of the scheduled appointment details confirmation to use as proof of appointment during the day of visit at POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office.
Step by Step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
If you’re a first-time applicant or renewing your OWWA membership in Abu Dhabi, here are the following steps on how to book an appointment.
- To book an appointment, visit POLO Abu Dhabi official website booking page at https://poloabudhabi.weebly.com/booking-page.html.
- Select one appointment per person on the appointment slot pages (A, B, C, D) that has the date you prefer. Also, if you have booked an appointment before, cancel the appointment and book a new one on the given link.
- After choosing a date and time, enter your details including your Full Name, Email, and Mobile Number.
- Click ‘Schedule Event”
- Afterward, a “Confirmed” note containing your appointment details will appear.
- Check your email to read the confirmed booking schedule and take a screenshot.
Note: The link provided above is only for Contract Verification and OWWA membership appointment. If you want to book for other concerns, check out the “Other Appointment Pages” shown on the lower part of the booking page.
In addition, the email confirmation consists of the following requirements and states that if the OFW cannot personally appear or in the Philippines, they can provide an Authorization Letter to the representative.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA Office in Abu Dhabi
After booking an appointment with the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office, process all the requirements stated above and make sure that the requirements are complete. On the day of your scheduled appointment, arrive ahead of the set time, and you pay directly the OWWA membership fee on the site.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To success apply or renew your OWWA membership, check out the following steps below.
- Head to the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office on the scheduled appointment.
- Show a copy of your confirmed booking appointment at the gate security to enter POLO-OWWA premises.
- Submit the complete requirements.
- Then, go to the payment counter to pay your OWWA membership fee.
- Get the transaction receipt from the officer in charge.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA Abu Dhabi
Aside from booking an appointment, submitting the required documents, and paying the necessary fees, applicants should also take note of the following reminders listed below. This is to ensure that you will not encounter difficulties in applying or renewing your OWWA membership in Abu Dhabi.
- Make sure to bring correct and complete requirements before the scheduled appointment. Since submitting incomplete requirements will not be processed despite having an appointment.
- Bring a copy of the booking confirmation sent via email to enter the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office.
- Be sure to come in proper attire, preferably smart casual. Considering that you’re visiting government premises, wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers are prohibited. So even if you have a booking confirmation to present, wearing improper attire will result in not entry to the premises.
- To make it on time, make sure to come at least 15 minutes earlier on the scheduled appointment, especially if you bring your car. There is only a limited parking space, so coming early is recommended.
Video: OWWA Membership Application in Abu Dhabi
If you have limited time to process your OWWA membership in Abu Dhabi, or you can’t freely live your work due to health concerns brought by the pandemic, check out the video below on how to renew your OWWA membership via the OWWA Mobile app.
As shown in the video, the OWWA mobile app is a very convenient way to renew your OWWA membership if you happen to have no time to live your work. Also, if your employer is concerned about possibly contracting Covid-19, especially for Household Service Workers (HSWs), the OWWA Mobile app is a great alternative to keep your membership active.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out these common questions about POLO OWWA Abu Dhabi and the renewal of the membership process:
1. Does OWWA control POLO Abu Dhabi?
No, POLO is not controlled by OWWA. On the contrary, both agencies are under DOLE, mandated to assist OFWs across the world.
2. What are the services offered by POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi?
Being a member of OWWA comes with lots of programs and services. If you’re an active member of OWWA, here are the following benefits you can acquire in POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi, including:
- Education and Training Benefits
- Pre-Departure Education Program
- Scholarships, Training, and Incentive Programs
- Workers Welfare Assistance Program
- On-Site Welfare Case Management
- In-Country Welfare Case Management
- Repatriation Program
- Reintegration Program
- On-Site Reintegration Preparedness
- In-Country Reintegration
- COVID + Financial Assistance
3. Where is the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office located?
The office of POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi is at W-48, Street No. 8, Sector 2-23, Plot 51, Al Qubaisat – Abu Dhabi.
4. Can I book an appointment despite working?
Yes, booking an appointment even if you are working is possible. However, you must allow one day off on the scheduled appointment date of your preference. To book an appointment, visit the POLO Abu Dhabi website at https://poloabudhabi.weebly.com/booking-page.html.
5. Can I pay the membership fee without going to the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office?
Yes, paying the OWWA membership fee is possible without going to the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office. By downloading the OWWA mobile app, you can perform the membership renewal on your mobile phone or desktop. Then, ask your relatives in the Philippines to pay your OWWA membership contribution at the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare office, or OWWA accredited payment centers.
6. When will my OWWA membership take effect?
After paying for the OWWA membership, you will automatically become an active OWWA member.
7. Does the OWWA membership expire?
Yes, OWWA membership does expire. It only has two years of validity and expires the day after you paid the contribution amount. Nonetheless, if you change to a new employer even if it hasn’t reached the two-year validity, your membership will automatically expire. Since the OWWA membership is only valid for two years and only applicable to the indicated employer during the application is made. Thus, changing an employer can cause your OWWA membership to become invalid, and you will have to renew the membership.
8. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Abu Dhabi?
The amount of contribution for OWWA membership is 92 AED only, both for new and renewal membership applicants.
9. Where can I apply for OWWA membership if I’m not based in Abu Dhabi?
For OFWs not based in Abu Dhabi, you can apply or renew your OWWA membership on the designated POLO-OWWA offices in the country you are working. At present, POLO has established 34 offices across the world, including Africa, America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Pacific.
10. Can I renew my passport at the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office?
No, the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office does not process the renewal of the Philippine passport. The office is only responsible for protecting and promoting OFW’s welfare by providing services and programs they need, as well as their dependents. Thus, if you want to renew your passport, contact the Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi or visit their website at https://abudhabipe.dfa.gov.ph/. The Philippine Embassy is on the same grounds as the POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi office.
In summary, applying or renewing OWWA membership in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, is very convenient and flexible for OFWs. Although the institution requires applicants to book an appointment, the implementation of such a policy allows OFWs to plan their schedules.
Furthermore, booking an appointment ensures that OFW’s applications will be processed on the day of their visit. Thus, following all the important reminders, and securing all the requirements stated in this article, can help you have a smooth and hassle-free application for OWWA membership.
POLO-OWWA Abu Dhabi
Address: W-48, Street No. 8, Sector 2-23, Plot 51, Al Qubaisat – Abu Dhabi
OWWA Abu Dhabi Hotline: +971 56 270 9157
POLO Abu Dhabi Hotline: +971 54 557 2121
POLO Abu Dhabi Email: email@example.com
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/poloabudhabi2019/
Operating Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday
Here’s a location guide map to POLO office in Abu Dhabi