If you’re an OFW working in Dubai and wondering how to become an OWWA member or how to renew your membership, you will need to schedule an appointment at the POLO-OWWA office located in Al Qusais and pay the fees. Please follow the guidelines and requirements outlined here to make an appointment and renew your OWWA membership in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
In order to go to the OWWA office, you first need to have an appointment online. You cannot enter the premises or inquire about the programs and services unless you book a schedule online. So please be guided by this rule.
You can easily get an appointment by visiting the portal here – http://www.polodubaiportal.org/appointments/ and choosing the “OWWA Membership/Renewal Schedule”. We have outlined the step-by-step process in the details below:
One of the beneficial programs that the Philippine Government provides to Filipinos working abroad is the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), an agency linked with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
The institution offers membership to serve as a helping hand for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), aiming to protect and promote their welfare by providing varying services like financial assistance, educational and training programs, reintegration services, and assisting in creating livelihood programs.
However, not all Filipinos can benefit from their services since the institution only caters to documented or legal OFWs who have processed their employment with Philippine Overseas Employment and Administration (POEA). Thus, all OFWs are encouraged to become a member of OWWA or continuously renew their membership.
Since not all OFWs have documented their employment before leaving the Philippines, the institution also assists in the documentation of employment, and membership application, in the POLO-OWWA office in Dubai. So OFWs can process their OWWA membership renewal in Dubai, UAE, by following the simple guides and reminders below.
If you’re currently working in Dubai and not yet an OWWA member, or your membership will expire soon, here are the requirements for the OWWA membership application to enjoy the benefits provided by the institution.
- Confirmed booking appointment through this link – http://www.polodubaiportal.org/appointments/
- Original Passport
- Secure a verified contract from POLO office Dubai
- UAE Visa with a validity exceeding 90 days
- An OFW or applicant must be actively and continuously working
- The OFW or applicant should present a certification from the company/ employer, verifying that the applicant is not on the list of resigned, terminated, canceled employees, or employees due for termination.
- Personal appearance only
- Pay OWWA membership fee of exactly AED 92
All OFWs who have employment contracts and are legally working can apply for OWWA membership.
Since OWWA requires an applicant to be actively and continuously working, the following individuals are NOT qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No Work, No Pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment at POLO-OWWA Dubai Office
Before heading to the POLO-OWWA office in Dubai, it is a must to book an appointment. It is in regards to the “No Appointment, No Service Policy” strictly imposed by the Philippine Consulate General.
To make it clear, only applicants who have booked an appointment can enter the POLO office, and if they have companions, they cannot enter as well. Whether you’re visiting for OWWA membership renewal or simply inquiring, make sure to have an appointment.
Also, make sure to snap a screenshot of the appointment booking details as proof of booking on the day of appearance.
So if you’re planning to process your OWWA membership renewal in Dubai, UAE, check out the steps below for an online booking appointment.
Step by Step Guide: How to Get an Appointment for OWWA payment
1. To schedule an appointment with POLO-OWWA Dubai, click this link http://www.polodubaiportal.org/appointments/
2. Select the desired service from the options, including:
- OWWA Membership (New & Renewal)
- PAG-IBIG Fund Membership
- SSS Services
- Verification of Employment Documents (Individual)
3. Go to the calendar provided on the chosen service, and select a preferred date.
Keep in mind that there are designated calendars for each service, so be sure to set the appointment on the right service calendar. In addition, it is advised to only book one appointment per person. So do not schedule multiple appointments for one service to prevent the system from crashing.
4. Fill out the information section, including Full Name, Email Address, and Mobile Number.
5. Click the “Submit” button.
6. Wait for appointment booking confirmation sent via text message or email.
7. Take a screenshot of the confirmation, and present it on the scheduled appointment date.
On the other, if you have other concerns about the appointment, you contact the POLO-OWWA office in Dubai at 050-558-5536 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Dubai
Once you have booked an appointment, you can pay the OWWA membership fee on the day of your visit to the POLO-OWWA office in Dubai. Moreover, make sure to bring with you the complete requirements, or otherwise, your application will not be processed.
To pay your OWWA membership, check out the steps below.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
1. Visit the POLO-OWWA office in Dubai on the day of your appointment.
2. Present a copy of your booked appointment with OWWA to enter the premises.
3. Bring all the necessary documents, including:
- Original Passport
- Verified contract from POLO
- Valid UAE Visa, exceeding 90 days
- Employment Certificate
4. Proceed to the counter to verify the contract. Present the requirements and pay for the OWWA membership renewal fee of 92 Dirhams.
5. Once the payment is processed, collect the receipt, and you are immediately an active member of OWWA.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA Dubai
- To make sure that your appointment is productive and your OWWA membership renewal is successful, here are the following reminders to keep in mind during the scheduled appointment:
- Before your scheduled appointment with POLO-OWWA Dubai, make sure that your requirements are complete.
- Take note, those who have incomplete requirements won’t be processed. So read carefully, and complete everything, to successfully proceed with the OWWA membership renewal.
- Wear appropriate attire on your visit to the POLO-OWWA Dubai office. Since it is a government premise, do not wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, and slippers.
- Other OFWs deployed in the Northern Emirates, including Ajman, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm Al Quwain, can also book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA office in Dubai.
- For OFWs deployed in Abu Dhabi, you can process your OWWA membership at the Philippine Embassy in UAE, where the POLO-OWWA office is located in Abu Dhabi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out these common questions about POLO OWWA Dubai and the renewal of the membership process:
1. Is POLO Dubai under OWWA?
No, OWWA and POLO are two different agencies working with DOLE. Although both agencies work to provide assistance and services to OFWs, OWWA is an agency under DOLE, which is mandated to protect and promote the safety of OFWs and their dependents. In other words, OWWA is the agency providing educational programs and scholarships, legal assistance, and social benefits like Reintegration Program and Livelihood Assistance Program.
On the contrary, Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) is DOLE’s overseas operating body that implements labor policies, programs and protects the rights of OFWs in foreign countries. Thus, the POLO office in Dubai is DOLE’s direct link to ensure OFW’s needs.
2. How to go to the POLO office in Dubai?
The POLO office is located in Al Qusais, Dubai, and is accessible to OFWs deployed in the city. However, if you’re deployed far away from the city and don’t have a personal vehicle, you can get to the POLO office in Dubai through public transport. There are also two cheapest ways to get to the POLO-OWWA office and the Philippine Consulate General (PCG) in Dubai, including:
- Ride on the Dubai Metro station and Al Qusais Metro Station as the exit point. (Green Line)
- Ride on a Dubai Taxi to directly take you to the POLO office in Dubai. (minimum fare of AED 12)
3. Can I book an appointment even if I have work?
Yes, booking an appointment with OWWA in Dubai is possible even if you have work. However, make sure to allow one day off for the scheduled appointment. To book an appointment, visit the POLO Dubai website at http://www.polodubaiportal.org/appointments/
4. Can I pay for my OWWA membership without visiting POLO Office?
Nonetheless, if you do not have the time to go to the POLO office in Dubai, you can still process your OWWA membership renewal via the OWWA mobile app. Just download the app, create an account, and proceed with renewing your membership.
Fill out the information details, select the payment options, and submit your application. Afterward, you can let your relatives pay for the membership fee in the Philippines through the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare office or via the following accredited payment centers:
- M Lhuillier
- Land Bank of the Philippines
- Banks member of BancNet
- Banks via PCHC PayGate
5. How long will it take to be an active OWWA member?
Once the payment has been made, the applicant will be immediately an active member of OWWA.
6. How much is the OWWA membership fee in Dubai?
The contribution for OWWA membership is AED 92 only, whether you’re a first-time applicant or renewing your membership.
7. Where can I apply for OWWA membership if I’m not working in Dubai?
If you’re not an OFW in Dubai, you can still apply for OWWA membership on other POLO-OWWA offices, for there are currently around 34 POLO offices across the world.
POLO has established offices throughout Asia, the Pacific, Europe, America, Africa, and the Middle East. So look for the designated POLO’s website in the country you’re working. From there, you can ask for assistance for further details to renew your OWWA membership.
8. Can I process passport renewal in OWWA Dubai?
No, the POLO-OWWA office in Dubai does not process passport renewal. They are only responsible for protecting and providing benefits to OFWs. If you’re going to renew your passport, PCG Dubai is the one to conduct the process, also located in the same area.
9. How long is the validity of OWWA membership?
OWWA membership takes effect on the day you paid the membership fee and is only valid for two years. However, if you work for a new employer, even if it’s only a year, you’re OWWA membership will automatically expire. For the reason that OWWA membership is only valid for two years and on the employer indicated during the application. Thus, if you’re going to change an employer, even if it’s only six months, you have to apply for OWWA membership again.
10. How to contact the OWWA hotline in Dubai?
Video: OWWA Membership in Dubai
To know more details about the application process for OWWA membership in Dubai, check out the video below:
According to the video, it is necessary to acquire a POLO verified contract since it is a primary requirement, when applying for OWWA membership, whether a first-time applicant or for renewal.
Moreover, the speaker recommends booking two appointments for first-time applicants hired via Visit Visa and a first-time application for OWWA membership.
When you book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA Dubai website, select one date for POLO Contract Verification and OWWA Membership.
Once the POLO Verified Contract is acquired, it is easy to apply for OWWA membership. However, as stated in the video, there are different requirements for Contract Verification depending on whether the applicant is a Household worker or Skilled Worker.
Also, to complete the requirements for OWWA membership in Dubai, there are downloadable forms on the POLO-OWWA Dubai website indicated on the list of requirements.
Another important reminder on the video is to wear proper attire during the appointment, or you won’t get inside the POLO-OWWA Dubai office even if you have booked an appointment.
But if you ever forgot to come in proper attire, there are OFWs selling goods outside the PCG Dubai, who keeps jogger pants to lent to OFWs wearing shorts during their appointment.
Overall, the process of acquiring all the requirements needed for OWWA membership renewal in Dubai, UAE, is very convenient and can be downloaded on the POLO-OWWA Dubai website. By following the simple instructions stated above, the application process of renewing your OWWA membership is made easy.
Also, take note of all the reminders during the appointment day to successfully proceed with OWWA membership renewal. You can also get in touch with their office in Dubai through the following contact details below.
Operating Hours: 8 am to 5 pm
Address: Street # 2C, Beirut St., Near Al Qusais Police Station، Al Qusais 3- Dubai- United Arab Emirates
OWWA Dubai Hotline: +971505585536
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/polodubaiandnorthernemirates
Here’s a location guide map to POLO office in Dubai: