To the Filipino workers overseas who have been affected by the pandemic, you will need to complete the OASIS OWWA form to make the repatriation and assistance done by the Philippine government faster. OASIS is an acronym for OFW Assistance Information System and this is an online form that you need to fill out. Please check out this guide about how you can register and what is the procedure for OASIS assistance.
An OFW can register online through the OASIS website and submit necessary documents and information to get the assistance they want from the government. This registration will enable the government to connect with you faster and respond to all your concerns appropriately as an OFW.
Overview – OFW Assistance Information System (OASIS)
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the economy so hard, and so are OFWs around the world. Many OFWs have lost their jobs or haven’t received their salaries because some businesses were frozen from operations. This is also one of the reasons why the DOLE or Department of Labor and Employment made an initiative that mainly caters to the needs of OFWs during this crisis.
The DOLE developed OASIS or OFW Assistance Information System. This program was made to facilitate a smooth and orderly repatriation process and assistance for returning OFWs to the Philippines.
What is OWWA OASIS?
OASIS, or Overseas Filipino Workers Assistance Information System, is a special OWWA project and it is an online platform designed to improve service delivery to Overseas Filipino Workers.
By registering in OASIS, you are providing DOLE, POLO, OWWA, and POEA with critical information that will allow them to respond to your concerns and provide appropriate services in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, such as repatriation, testing, quarantine, and transportation.
All information you provide will be used under the 2012 Data Privacy Act. You will receive an email acknowledging your registration and a link to update your current information.
Every Overseas Filipino Worker is qualified for OASIS, especially those who are negatively impacted by the pandemic. As an OFW, you need to register yourself via OASIS online form.
- Computer with Internet Access
- OASIS Form (or process it online)
Why is the OWWA OASIS Important?
So why this OASIS OWWA is important for OFWs who are going back to the Philippines? Well, accomplishing the registration in OASIS before arrival at NAIA airport will facilitate and enable immigration, and even quarantine clearance for entry into the Philippines.
Once you’re done with the registration in OASIS, NAIA will then prepare for the logistics of your arrival.
How to Register in OWWA OASIS Online
Please follow this step-by-step outline on the registration process in OASIS online.
Step 1: Go to oasis.owwa.gov.ph
Step 2: Select your preferred language. You can choose between English and Filipino languages. Click “Register”
Step 3: Fill out the form by providing appropriate data and information.
Step 4: Don’t forget to check the box to certify all your information. All the details you’ve provided will be processed under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
Step 4: Click “Submit”
Step 5: Wait for an e-mail confirming that you have successfully registered in the OASIS.
Step 6: If you want to update any information you’ve entered into the system, simply click the link sent to your e-mail.
Important Reminders: If you are requesting repatriation assistance, make sure to accomplish your online registration to OASIS at least five (5) days before your scheduled flight.
OWWA OASIS Form
In case you are unable to answer the OASIS Online Form, you can have the form printed and answer it manually using a pen. Then you accomplished your form, go to authorized staff of any of the following government agencies (DOLE, POLO, OWWA, POEA).
Here is the link to the online PDF file – https://www.dole.gov.ph/php_assets/uploads/2020/06/OASIS-Form-as-of-9-June-2020-9-pm.pdf
When entering your information in the OASIS form, the letters are capitalize-in-default. Some of the important details you need to prepare and provide are passport number, employer details, and health condition background.
It is essential for you to carefully read every detail provided in the form. After you’ve filled in all the necessary information, you might end up on two checkboxes stating these things:
- “I certify that the information submitted in this registration is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I am aware that in case of any fraudulent, misdeclaration of the information submitted to this application will expel me for this program at any time and will result in civil or criminal liability.”
- “No, I haven’t received my DOLE-AKAP one-time financial assistance.” (Hindi pa ako nakakatanggap ng DOLE-AKAP one-time financial assistance.)
Here is a photo of the OASIS PDF file below:
While the downloadable form is available, the best option is still to access the form via the website. Online registration will be the best choice for you, especially during this pandemic.
OASIS OWWA GOV PH
To access this OFW Assistance Information System, go to the website address. – oasis.owwa.gov.ph. If you’re new to the process, this is where you can provide your contact information and submit it so that it may be updated in the OWWA system. Please keep this important URL handy for future reference.
If you have difficulty remembering the URL, you can also just key in “oasis owwa gov ph” on Google to find the form.
Video: OASIS Online Registration Guide
If the above details are still unclear, here’s a video tutorial that will help you how you can easily sign up for the OASIS online. The OASIS Online Registration Guide will take you through the process of registering for the OASIS system step-by-step.
The video is about 13 minutes long, but it’s a comprehensive guide that will answer any questions you may have about the registration process. So please check out the registration guide below in video format:
By registering to the OWWA OASIS program, you will not just get repatriation assistance, but real financial assistance from the government. They call this COVID-19 Financial Assistance as DOLE-AKAP or “Abot Kamay ang Pagtulong Program”.
DOLE-AKAP is an initiative of Department of Labor and Employment’s which stands for “Abot Kamay ang Pagtulong” program. AKAP can give one-time cash assistance to OFWs who are working in foreign countries and displaced due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. DOLE-AKAP financial assistance can range from Php5,000 to Php10,000.
According to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III, the assistance program will last until the budget of P1.5 billion runs out. The DOLE COVID-19 Adjustment Measure Program will take care of the distribution of this subsidy to OFWs
Qualified OFWs for the DOLE-AKAP cash assistance
1. Documented/Regular OFWs- If you are an OFW with a visa or working permit, valid passport, and an employment contract, you will be eligible for this cash assistance. Just be sure that your employment contract was processed by the POEA Philippine Overseas Employment Administration or POLO Philippine Overseas Labor Office.
2. Balik Manggagawa or repatriated OFWs- This is applicable for workers who are unable to return abroad due to the lockdown in the host country.
3. Qualified Undocumented OFWs- Since this cash assistance wants to cover every OFWs in the world, even undocumented OFWs can also be qualified for the said program. If you are:
OFWs who are previously documented or regular but have lost their status for some reason.
OFWs who are not registered with POEA and have contracts that have not been processed through POLO or POEA, but are still active members of OWWA.
OFWs who are not registered with POEA and contracts have not been processed by POLO or POEA, but have taken action to regularize their contracts/status.
Conditions for Receiving Cash Subsidy
- You must be an overseas worker who has been displaced as a result of the host country’s implementation of a lockdown or community quarantine and/or has been infected with the novel coronavirus disease.
- You must be currently on the job site abroad, working as a Balik Manggagawa in the Philippines, or have been repatriated to the Philippines.
- You must not have received any financial aid from your employers or host countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions raised about the OASIS project. Please check out the answers below:
1. Is OWWA-OASIS mandatory for returning OFWs?
Answer: Yes, it’s part of the requirement for returning OFWs in the Philippines.
2. Can I register to OASIS on the same day as my flight?
Answer: No, it’s not advisable. You need to register 3-5 days before your flight back to the Philippines.
3. Why I didn’t receive an email after registration?
Answer: Wait at least 1-2 days for the email confirmation.
4. I will be taking a flight abroad for work, should I register for OASIS?
Answer: No, OASIS is for those OFW who want to go back to the Philippines for some sort of reason, especially if those whose jobs are affected by the pandemic.
5. Do I need to pay anything to register?
Answer: No, you don’t need to pay anything. OFWs can register for this program and get proper assistance or even cash aid for those who lost their job due to pandemics.
6. If I am an OFW, and traveling back to the Philippines with a family member which is (non-OFW) do I need to register him or her to the government’s OASIS system?
Answer: No, because OASIS is only for OFWs who are going back to the Philippines.
7. Is there a cash assistance available?
Answer: Yes, the government provides cash assistance for repatriated OFWs called AKAP, which is also under the OASIS Program.
8. Do I need to register first to OWWA before registering to OASIS?
Answer: Yes, you need to become a member of OWWA first before proceeding to the registration for OASIS program.
9. Do I need to present my OASIS Registration Screenshot at the airport?
Answer: You can save the screenshot as an assurance. But maybe they won’t ask for you to present it, since everything is saved on their database.
10. What if I missed saving a screenshot of my successful OASIS Registration?
Answer: Nothing to worry about because you still have email notifications as proof, and everything is automatically saved in their database.
Based on the report of PNA or Philippine News Agency of April 4, 2021, there are almost 500,000 OFWs who have been repatriated from different countries due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The OASIS program is designed specifically as a tracking system for all overseas Filipino workers who wish to return to our country due to the pandemic situation.
But since the government agency DOLE wants to do something for those who get home with empty pockets, they add up cash assistance for qualified individuals inside this program.
OASIS program is aiming for orderly and smooth repatriation, as well as assisting the large number of returning OFWs during this time of the pandemic.
This program will make it easier for the government to properly identify and classify arriving OFWs, allowing for a more organized and systematic arrival at the airport. This is a big step for the government and also an improvement in assisting the needs of OFWs returning to the Philippines.