For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Taipei, Taiwan, verify Employment Contract before returning to the Philippines for a short vacation. This document is essential for Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC), an exit clearance for Filipinos working abroad. But how do you verify your contract with your company and with the MWO office? Read on to learn the application process for Individual Contract Verification in MECO Taipei, Taiwan (MWO Taipei).
Through the verification of the Employment Contract, the Labor Attaché can validate if the contracts of OFWs comply with the prevailing employment laws, standards, and practices of the Philippines and the host country. In addition, this process ensures the security of OFWs’ rights, benefits, and welfare. Thus, OFWs should process their Individual Contract Verification in the Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO) Taipei or Migrant Workers Office (MWO).
If you’re wondering who should apply for Individual Contract Verification in MECO Taipei (MWO Taipei), below are the qualification criteria the applicant should meet:
- Filipino nationals without POEA records but working abroad
- Filipino workers registered with POEA but have changed their employers on-site
- Filipino workers with potential employers and an employment visa approved by the Immigration Department
For qualified applicants, here are the primary documentary requirements you must comply with for Individual Contract Verification in MECO Taipei (MWO Taipei):
- Original Employment Contract with employer and worker’s signature
- Original and photocopy of worker’s passport with at least six (6) months validity before intended departure
- Photocopy of worker’s valid Work Visa
- Recent pay slip of worker
- Copy of employer’s ID
Since there’s limited information on the official website and Facebook page of MECO Taipei (MWO Taipei) regarding Individual Contract Verification, we advise OFWs to contact their office directly for more details on the latest requirements.
Aside from that, applicants should pay the following applicable fees to obtain a verified Employment Contract:
- Contract Verification fee– NTD 1,435
- OWWA Membership fee– US$25 converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate (if OWWA membership is expired or about to expire)
Do note that the fees stated above may change without prior notice. Thus, OFWs should contact MECO Taipei (MWO Taipei) for the latest amount collected.
How to Verify Employment Contract in MECO Taipei, Taiwan (MWO Taipei)
According to a Facebook post from MECO Taipei, OFWs who wish to transact with their office should book an appointment thru their booking portal. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Visit the booking portal of MECO Taipei thru this link.
- Choose the first service on the options or the Labor Verification Releasing.
- Scroll down and select your preferred date and time for the appointment on the available schedule.
- Fill out the required details.
- Double-check your appointment details and click the Book button.
- Go to the email you have provided and check the confirmed appointment. Print or take a screenshot of the appointment schedule.
- Secure the documentary requirements.
- Visit MECO Taipei (MWO Taipei) on the day of your appointment.
- Show proof of your confirmed appointment, valid ID, and vaccination card.
- Get a queue number for Contract Verification.
- Proceed to the processing window and submit your complete documentary requirements.
- Pay the applicable fees.
- Then, collect your official receipt and wait for the release of your verified Employment Contract.
Please take note of the following reminders when applying for Individual Contract Verification in MECO Taipei (MWO Taipei):
- Applicants should visit MECO Taipei on time on the date of their appointment.
- Applicants should monitor their health. If the applicant is not feeling well, cancel the appointment with MECO Taipei.
- Wear a mask at all times within the vicinity of MECO Taipei.
- Applicants should wear appropriate attire when visiting MECO Taipei. Do not wear strapless, spaghetti-strap blouses, tank tops, sando, skimpy skirts, shorts, leggings, and slippers. If the applicant did so, they are prohibited entry to MECO Taipei premises.
- The documentary requirements should be in two (2) sets or copies.
- Applicants with incomplete documents will not be processed.
- OFWs should contact MECO Taipei at (886) 2-2658-8825 for more details on the latest documentary requirements and fees. You may also inquire at the official Facebook page of MECO Taipei.
Video: KAILANGAN BA NG APPOINTMENT SA PAG VERIFIED NG CONTRACT SA MECO? OFW TAIWAN
For more details on Individual Contract Verification in MECO Taipei, Taiwan, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, OFWs rehired by their employers should bring their Employment Contracts to MECO Taiwan for verification. OFWs should set an appointment with MECO since many people are visiting the office to verify their Employment Contracts. Moreover, the applicant should prepare the verification fee, which is around NTD 1,400. MECO can deliver the verified Employment Contract of OFWs to their residence, so they don’t have to return to the office to claim the document.
The processing duration usually takes around three (3) weeks or more. Thus, OFWs should verify their Employment Contracts early if they’re vacationing in the Philippines. In addition, the applicants should submit their complete requirements, including the details or a copy of their employer’s ID. In short, OFWs should set an appointment with MECO to ensure they can verify their Employment Contracts during their visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Contract Verification?
Contract Verification is a process wherein the Labor Attaché verifies if the contract of OFW complies with the Philippines’ employment laws, standards, and practices, as well as the host country.
How much is the Contract Verification fee in MECO Taipei?
The Contract Verification fee in MECO Taipei is NTD 1,435. However, the amount may change without prior notice. So it’s ideal to inquire with MECO Taipei for the latest fees they collect.
Can I get OEC without a verified Employment Contract?
No, you cannot get an OEC if your Employment Contract is not verified. It’s a primary requirement when applying for OEC, so verify your Employment Contract whenever necessary.
Can I process Contact Verification in the Philippines?
No, you cannot. The Migrant Worker’s Offices (MWOs) abroad process the verification of the Employment Contract. Thus, OFWs should complete this process before vacationing in the Philippines. Meanwhile, OFWs may visit the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) office in the Philippines for assistance if they return to the country without verifying their Employment Contract.
In summary, OFWs should set an appointment with MECO Taipei (MWO Taipei) for Individual Contract Verification. OFWs who have changed employers or job site should verify their Employment Contract before returning to the Philippines for vacation.
The same goes for OFWs who are not qualified for OEC exemption. A verified Employment Contract is needed to obtain OEC in the Philippines. Therefore, OFWs should secure this document for their safety and to continue their work abroad.