For OFWs in Ukraine who wish to renew their OWWA membership, read on since this article is for you. If you’re an OFW in Ukraine and not yet an OWWA member, we encourage you to apply for OWWA membership. This article is an in-depth guide for OWWA membership in Ukraine, including the documentary requirements. We also added the contact details of relevant offices that can assist you in processing your OWWA membership.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) was mandated to promote the welfare and ensure the safety of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their families. It was established on May 1, 1997, and attached to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), assisting OFWs around the globe through OWWA membership contributions.
By becoming an OWWA member, OFWs can get different services, programs, and support to assist their livelihood and dependents’ education. Moreover, OWWA helps active members during difficulties through legal or financial assistance. The agency also acts as insurance by providing OFWs with medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial benefits. Therefore, OFWs in Ukraine should apply for or renew their OWWA membership to claim OWWA benefits.
If you’re an OFW in Ukraine renewing or applying for OWWA membership, here are the primary documentary requirements you should secure for evaluation:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Original and copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of the Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to UAH based on the foreign exchange rate.
The OWWA membership program serves as OFW’s support, especially in distress or lack of financial funds. But despite its mandate, not all can apply for membership due to the qualification criteria OWWA has imposed. OFWs can apply for OWWA membership when they have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
Furthermore, OFWs who obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries can apply for OWWA membership if they retain Filipino citizenship with full-time or permanent employment. On the other hand, OFWs who don’t meet any of the said criteria cannot apply for or even renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- Under the “No work, No pay” scheme
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Ukraine
As of writing, there is no online appointment system in Ukraine for OWWA membership. There is also no designated POLO in this country. The Philippine Embassy in Poland and POLO Milan also conducted Consular Outreach Mission in Ukraine, which may require an appointment. But according to POLO Milan’s Facebook post, they have transferred their jurisdiction over Ukraine to the Prague-Labor office.
Thus, OFWs in Ukraine may contact the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Kiev, Philippine Embassy in Poland, and POLO Prague for more information on OWWA membership. For OFWs vacationing in the Philippines, you may also book an appointment with DMW or OWWA Regional office. Some OWWA Regional offices also accept walk-ins. Thus, contact their office before visiting to confirm an appointment is necessary.
Applying for OWWA membership in Ukraine
The Philippine Embassy in Warsaw, Poland, conducts Consular Outreach Mission in Ukraine with POLO Milan. But since POLO Prague has oversight jurisdiction over Ukraine, OFWs may contact their office. OFWs may also contact the Philippine Embassy in Poland and the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Kiev for more information on Consular Outreach Missions.
Meanwhile, OFWs can process their OWWA membership with DMW and OWWA regional offices. We also recommend processing OWWA membership via OWWA mobile app for convenience. OFWs can also contact their agency for assistance in processing OWWA membership.
Paying OWWA Membership in Ukraine
Since OFWs can process their OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission in Ukraine, they can also pay the OWWA membership fee on-site. This process also applies if paying OWWA membership fee with DMW or OWWA Regional office.
For convenience, we also recommend downloading the OWWA mobile app. Then, you can choose from varying payment methods, such as an online bank, e-wallet, or over-the-counter payment centers in the Philippines. You can also ask your relatives to pay membership the OWWA membership fee.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy in Warsaw, Poland)
- Contact the Philippine Embassy in Warsaw, Poland.
- Book an appointment for OWWA membership.
- Print or take a screenshot of the confirmed appointment schedule sent to your email.
- Complete the documentary requirements for application.
- Visit the designated application site in Ukraine.
- Head to the OWWA counter and submit your requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim the official receipt of your payment
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email as it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Ukraine
Please take note of the following reminders if renewing or applying for OWWA membership in Ukraine:
- As of writing, Ukraine doesn’t have a designated POLO. It’s currently under the jurisdiction of POLO Prague, Czech Republic.
- OFWs in Ukraine can process their OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. Applicants wearing strictly prohibited outfits, including sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers, won’t be allowed to enter the office.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- We advise OFWs in Ukraine to contact the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Kiev, Philippine Embassy in Poland and the Czech Republic, POLO Prague, and their agency for assistance on OWWA membership. You may also visit their official Facebook pages and websites to get the latest announcements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Ukraine?
As of writing, there is no online appointment system for OWWA membership in Ukraine.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Ukraine?
You may renew your OWWA membership in Ukraine via Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Ukraine?
The OWWA membership fee in Ukraine is US$25.00 converted to UAH based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online on OWWA mobile app via an online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: OWWA REBATE – PARA SA MATATAGAL NG MIYEMBRO NA HINDI PA NAKAKAKUHA NG BENEPISYO
For more details on OWWA membership, please check out the video below:
As discussed in the video, OFWs can access the OWWA rebate program to enjoy the contribution fee they paid for OWWA membership. It applies to OFWs who are ten years members of OWWA and haven’t accessed any programs, benefits, or support. Thus, OFWs will benefit from OWWA membership long term.
In summary, the OWWA membership is essential for OFWs as it ensures assistance in times of distress. The agency also has programs and services that will benefit their families. So if you’re an OFW in Ukraine, prioritize applying for or renewing your OWWA membership. Just use the OWWA mobile app or contact the relevant offices for assistance.
Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Kiev, Ukraine
Address: Muzeynyi Lane 4, Kyiv, Ukraine 01001
Telephone Number: +38 044 279 05 79
Philippine Embassy in Warsaw, Poland
Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: ul. Lentza 11 02-956 Warsaw, Republic of Poland
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinPoland/
Telephone Number: +48 22 490 2025
Mobile Number: +48 694 491 664
Philippine Embassy in Prague, Czech Republic
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Senovazne Namesti 8 110 00 Prague, Czech Republic
Telephone Number: +420 224 216 397, +420 224 216 385, +420 607 850 764 (Outside Office Hours)
Fax Number: +420 224216390
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHinCzechRepublic/
POLO Prague (Prague PE Consular Section-Labor)
Address: Embassy of the Philippines- Senovážné namesti 8, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
Mobile Number: +420 602 187 598