Filipinos who are working in Israel can go to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Tel Aviv in order to renew their OWWA membership. Prior to your visit, it is important that you schedule your appointment. You may submit your requirements and pay for your OWWA to keep it active on the day of your appearance.
The POLO Tel Aviv Israel office has created an online appointment system where you can enter your details and book a schedule for your visit. This is required so that you may visit the POLO office to renew your policy or inquire about other initiatives and programs. Go through the steps in this article if you want to learn how to make an appointment.
Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
One of the most beneficial programs offered to all OFWs is the OWWA membership, providing services, programs, and support, improving their condition and dependents. So if you’re an OFW in Israel, make sure to keep your OWWA membership active to get access to their benefits.
And if it’s your first time applying or renewing your OWWA membership, keep on reading to learn the application process for the OWWA membership in Israel.
For OFWs in Israel who are first-time members or renewing their OWWA membership, check out the following requirements below that you’ll need to process your membership application, including:
- Book an appointment at https://tel-avivpe.dfa.gov.ph/
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- Photocopy of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Employment
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA Membership fee of 80.21 ILS or $25 converted to local currency (based on current foreign exchange rate)
- Personal appearance only
But before you secure the said requirements, check first if you’re eligible for the OWWA membership. The institution requires all its members to be actively and continuously working and is “legal” or “documented” OFW acknowledged by POEA with valid work permits and visas. In addition, OFWs who have acquired a permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens can apply or renew their OWWA membership.
On the other hand, as OWWA requires its members to be actively and continuously working, the following individuals are not qualified to become OWWA members, including:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Israel
After checking if you’re eligible for the OWWA membership, another step you need to do is to book an appointment with POLO-OWWA Israel, whether you’re renewing your membership or first-time members. It is essential to book an appointment months before your OWWA membership expires since an appointment is required to enter the POLO-OWWA Israel office.
OFWs should also come alone as the booking is only valid to the person listed for the scheduled appointment. Furthermore, once you book an appointment, make sure to take a screenshot of the appointment booking confirmation sent to your email. It will serve as your gate pass to enter the POLO-OWWA Israel office, so don’t forget to bring it on the day of your appointment.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
If you’re planning to renew or apply for the OWWA membership in Israel, check out the steps below on how to set up an appointment:
1. Go to the official website of the Embassy of the Philippines Tel-Aviv, Israel at https://tel-avivpe.dfa.gov.ph/.
2. On the right side of the homepage, click “Appointment for Consular Services”.
3. Choose “OWWA Appointment” on the given options.
4. On the “Appointment for OWWA” page, fill out the required field, including your Email, Full Name, and Contact Number. Also, make sure that your email is correct, or you won’t receive an appointment booking confirmation email.
5. After filling out the details, choose “OWWA Membership” on the Service Requested., and click “Next”.
6. Choose your preferred “Processing Time” and click “Submit”. You may also edit your details by clicking “Edit your response”.
7. Then, go to the email you used to book the appointment. Check the appointment booking confirmation email, take a screenshot of it, and bring it the day you go to the OWWA Israel office.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Israel
After you’ve booked an appointment with the OWWA Israel office, secure the needed requirements, and you can pay the OWWA membership fee on the day of your scheduled appointment.
However, ensure that all your requirements are accurate and duly accomplished since OFWs with incomplete requirements cannot proceed with their OWWA membership application.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To pay for the OWWA membership fee, follow the steps below:
1. Visit the POLO-OWWA Israel office on your scheduled appointment.
2. Show the security officer a copy of your appointment booking confirmation.
3. Submit your documents at the OWWA window for verification.
4. Then, pay for the OWWA membership fee and other applicable fees.
5. Get your official receipt, and you’re now an active member of OWWA.
You may also opt to partake in the Embassy of the Philippines Tel-Aviv, Israel, consular outreach, allowing OFWs in the target area to acquire mobile services such as SSS and OWWA Membership, Passport Releasing, and Overseas Voting Registration. For more updates on the consular outreach, check out their official Facebook page at https://web.facebook.com/PHinIsrael/.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA Israel
- OFWs visiting the POLO-OWWA Israel office should book an appointment to enter the office. Also, proof of the appointment booking confirmation is needed as it will serve as the gate pass.
- Please ensure that your requirements are complete and duly accomplished, or you cannot proceed with your membership application if it is incomplete.
- Considering that the POLO-OWWA Israel is a government premise, OFWs should wear proper attire and avoid wearing sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers, or you will not be allowed to enter the office.
- All OFWs visiting the POLO-OWWA Israel office should be responsible for their safety by wearing a face mask at all times and maintaining a two-meter distance from other individuals.
- For OFWs who are new OWWA members, you are qualified to partake in the regular OWWA activities, services, and special programs, three months after your membership takes effect.
- For more details on the OWWA membership and the consular outreach, please check the Embassy of the Philippine Tel-Aviv, Israel, official website, and Facebook page.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Israel?
To renew your OWWA membership in Israel, you will need to complete the requirements listed above and check if you’re still qualified to become an OWWA member. Then, you should book an appointment with POLO-OWWA Israel at least a month before your membership expires so you can choose from the available appointment schedules.
2. How can I renew my OWWA membership online?
Aside from going to POLO-OWWA offices, you have the option to renew your membership using the OWWA mobile app. You only need to download the app on your mobile device and sign up for an account. Afterward, log in to your account and renew your membership if it’s inactive.
3. How do I know if I am a member of OWWA?
To check if you’re an OWWA member, sign up for an account in the OWWA mobile app. On the information section, you can see your membership status indicating if you’re active or inactive.
4. Do I need an OWWA membership?
Yes, you need an OWWA membership. All OFWs need an OWWA membership for it is beneficial for their welfare and dependants, offering varying services, programs, and support.
5. How much is the OWWA membership?
The OWWA membership fee is $25 or 80.21 ILS in Israel or may change depending on the foreign exchange rate.
6. Where can I download the OWWA form?
You can download the OWWA Membership form at https://tel-avivpe.dfa.gov.ph/images/PDF_files/Consular_forms/OWWA-FORM.pdf.
7. How do I get an appointment with OWWA Israel?
To book an appointment, visit the Embassy of the Philippine Tel-Aviv, Israel, official website https://tel-avivpe.dfa.gov.ph/. Next, look for the “Appointment for Consular Services” section and choose “OWWA Appointment” to proceed with your booking.
8. How do I contact OWWA?
You may contact OWWA on their 24/7 hotline at 1348 or call them at 8891-7601 to 24. Also, you can check the POLO-OWWA Israel office contact details listed below this article.
9. Does the OWWA membership expire?
Yes, OWWA membership expires, lasting only two years after the membership application.
10. Why is my OWWA membership inactive?
Your OWWA membership may be inactive for two reasons. First, it has exceeded the two-year validity, and second, you have an expired work visa or changed an employer resulting in your membership becoming inactive. The OWWA membership is only valid for two years under the same employer indicated during the application. So if you work for a new employer in a year, your OWWA membership automatically expires.
11. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay the membership fee online via the OWWA mobile app. You only need to process your membership renewal in-app, choose a convenient payment method, and generate a transaction code. Next, provide the transaction code to your relatives in the Philippines so that they can pay it at the nearest OWWA Regional office or other payment centers. Nonetheless, if you’re currently vacationing in the Philippines, you can pay the OWWA membership fee online through a bank account or e-wallet.
12. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, the OWWA membership is mandatory for all OFWs processed under POEA. However, undocumented OFWs are not part of the institution. Thus, it is ideal for undocumented OFWs to document their employment to be eligible for the OWWA membership.
Video: OWWA Membership in Israel
For more details on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
If you’re wondering how to check your membership status with OWWA, you only have to follow the steps shown in the video. Download the OWWA mobile app, create an active, and you can check if you’re an active or inactive member. Also, you can conveniently update your status by renewing your membership in the app.
To sum up, the process of OWWA membership in Israel is easy, allowing the OFWs the option to book an appointment based on the most convenient schedule for them. OFWs also need to comply with the requirements, ensuring the renewal of their OWWA membership.
And considering that some OFWs may not have time off to process their OWWA membership in Israel, they have the choice to renew their membership using the OWWA mobile app.
Operating Hours: 8:30 am to 4:40 pm, Sunday to Thursday
Address: Rehov Bnei Dan 18, Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Philippine Embassy Telephone Number: +972-3-601-0514
POLO Telephone Number: +9723-544-4531
OWWA Telephone Number: +9723-602-2496
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/PHinIsrael/
Google Map Location
Below is a map guide to the location of the Rome POLO-OWWA office in Tel Aviv-Israel: