For Overseas Filipino Workers who are wondering how to secure an OWWA membership appointment or how to pay for their OWWA account in Greece and Cyprus, please follow the guidelines below on how you can keep your membership active.
Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
The POLO Athens office in Greece is the one responsible for handling OWWA transactions. So if you have any questions about the programs and services available to you, you may direct your inquiries to them.
It is important for Filipinos to keep their OWWA membership active in order to enjoy the services and programs offered by the agency.
If you’re an OFW in Greece and wondering how to apply or renew your OWWA membership, we’ve got you covered. The OWWA provides loads of benefits to its OFW members, so ensuring that your membership status is active is essential to acquire the services, programs, and support the institution offers. And in this article, we’ve created a guide to renew your OWWA membership in Greece.
For OFWs who want to apply or renew their OWWA membership in Greece, here are the following requirements you need to comply with:
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page and page 3 with signature)
- Copy of any of the following Proof of Employment:
- Valid Work Permit
- Latest Ergosimo
- Certificate of Employment with a copy of Employer’s ID (Taptotita)
- Not expired Contract
- Latest Pay Slip
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA Membership fee of exactly €22.00
Before you apply for the membership, first, you need to make sure that you’re qualified to become an OWWA member. The institution requires its members to be actively and continuously working and is “legal” or “documented” OFW listed under POEA with valid work permits and visas. In addition, OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries and remained Filipino citizens are qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership.
On the other hand, since OWWA only accept actively and continuously working members, the following individuals are not qualified to apply or renew their OWWA membership, including:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Greece
If you’re an OFW in Greece, the OWWA Athens office advises you to process your membership renewal at least two weeks before it expires. As of writing, the OWWA Greece office does not require an appointment for an OWWA membership application or renewal.
So you can head directly to their office to renew your OWWA membership. You can visit their office from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, on Monday to Friday except for holidays.
Also, make sure to bring a Negative PRC Test Result or Raid/ Self-Test Result. It is required, and without the test result, you cannot enter the OWWA Greece office. If you don’t have a Negative PRC Test Result, you will need to buy and perform an on-the-spot Rapid Test.
Applying for OWWA Membership in POLO Greece
According to the official Facebook page of the OWWA Athens, Greece office, there is no appointment system to renew your membership. In addition, they recommend two ways to renew your OWWA membership. To do so, check out the steps below:
- Since it is not required to book an appointment with the OWWA Greece, OFWs can visit their office directly on the 1st Floor, Fhtiotidos St., Ambelokipi 11523 Athens, Greece. If you prefer to follow this process, bring a Negative PRC or Rapid Test Result since it is needed to enter the office. Without this, you cannot enter the OWWA Greece office.
- For OFWs located far away from the OWWA Greece office, you can renew your OWWA membership by emailing the scanned documents at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, they advise not to send it to other emails since the provided email handles the OWWA membership application.
Paying OWWA membership at POLO office in Greece
When you visit the OWWA Greece office, you can pay the membership fee once your documents are verified. Nonetheless, if you opt to send a membership application at OWWA Greece email, you can pay the membership fee online, such as Moneygram. Moreover, make sure that you only send your documents on the provided email above and wait for your membership application to be verified and approved before paying the OWWA membership fee.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To pay for the OWWA membership fee, follow the steps below.
Pay at OWWA Greece office
- Head directly to the POLO-OWWA Greece office.
- Present your Negative PRC Test Result or perform an actual Rapid or Self-Test before entering the office.
- Go to the OWWA window and submit your documents for verification.
- Pay the OWWA membership and other applicable fees.
- Claim the official receipt for the OWWA membership application, and you’re now an active OWWA member.
- Email your scanned documents at email@example.com.
- Wait for their response and approval for your OWWA membership application request.
- Once your request for the OWWA membership is approved, follow the procedure to pay the contribution fee. You can pay the OWWA membership fee at Moneygram.
- Claim the official receipt when you visit the OWWA Greece office.
Reminders with OWWA office in Greece
Aside from complying with the documents above, here are the reminders you must keep in mind when applying or renewing your membership with the OWWA Greece office.
- For OFWs renewing their membership at the POLO-OWWA Greece office, bring your Negative PRC Test Result as it is required before you enter. However, if you cannot provide it, you have to perform a Rapid or Self-Test at the main gate to enter the office.
- For OFWs based far from the POLO-OWWA Greece office, you can renew your membership by sending your application only at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure your requirements are complete. The officer in charge won’t process your membership application if you have incomplete requirements.
- Ensure that your scanned documents are readable, clear, and not blurred before submitting them to the OWWA Greece email.
- Please wear a face mask at all times and maintain a two-meter distance from other individuals.
- OFWs visiting the POLO-OWWA Greece office should wear proper or smart casual attire. It is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- Check the POLO-OWWA Greece official Facebook page and website for the latest updates.
Video: OWWA Membership in Greece
For more details on the OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
If you’re an OFW in Greece, activating your membership is easy as downloading the OWWA mobile app. As seen in the video, you have to create and log in to your account to proceed with the OWWA membership application online. Click “Renew Membership Here!” and fill out the required fields. You can choose from the available payment options and pay the OWWA membership fee. Once you’ve completed the process, your membership status will become active.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review these common questions about the OWWA membership process in Greece and Cyprus:
1. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Greece?
You can renew your OWWA membership in Greece by visiting the OWWA Athens office or emailing your documents to them. Also, make sure that you meet their qualification criteria before applying for the membership.
2. Do I need to book an appointment with OWWA in Greece?
No, you don’t need to book an appointment to visit the OWWA Greece office. They don’t have an appointment system as of now. However, the procedure for the membership application may change from time to time, so make sure to check their Facebook page and website for the latest announcements.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
You can renew your OWWA membership online by sending your scanned documents to email@example.com. Furthermore, you can use the OWWA mobile app to renew your membership. Download the OWWA mobile app on your smartphone. Sign up and log in to your account. Then, click “Renew Membership Here!”.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Greece?
The OWWA membership fee in Greece is €22.00 exactly.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
Yes, you can pay the membership online if you renew your membership using the OWWA mobile app. Renew your membership in the app and choose on the list of online payment methods, such as bank or e-wallet. If you’re not in the Philippines, you can provide the generated transaction code to your relatives and let them pay the membership fee at the nearest OWWA Regional office or payment centers.
6. Which bank may be used by OFWs and OWWA to pay for their membership?
If you want to pay the OWWA membership fee online, you can pay via Land Bank of the Philippines and Bancet ATM members.
7. How long is OWWA membership valid?
The OWWA membership is only valid for two years, lasting on the date of the application.
8. How do I check my OWWA membership online?
You can check your membership status online using the OWWA mobile app. Login to your account, and below your profile, you can see whether your membership is “ACTIVE” or “INACTIVE”.
9. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
Your OWWA membership will be inactive for two reasons. First, you have surpassed the two-year membership validity. Second, your work visa is expired, or you switch to work for a new employer. Considering that the OWWA membership two-year validity only applies to the same employer indicated during the application, changing an employer in less than two years will result in inactive membership status.
10. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, OWWA membership is mandatory to OFWs if they’ve processed their employment at POEA.
11. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
No, not all OFWs are member of OWWA. The institution has requirements and qualification criteria that members should comply with, such as being a “legal” or “documented” worker. So if an OFW is undocumented, they are not qualified to apply for the OWWA membership. However, they can document their employment to become an OWWA member.
12. Do I need to renew my OWWA membership?
Yes, renewing your OWWA membership is essential as it allows you to access varying services, programs, and support, provided by the institution.
13. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
The benefits provided by OWWA ranges from education and training programs to financial loans. The OWWA benefits also include social and repatriation assistance, accessible by registered or active members and their legal dependents.
Overall, the OWWA membership application in Greece is accessible, providing OFWs the option to directly visit the POLO-OWWA Greece office or email their documents and wait for approval.
In addition, OFWs who plan to visit the POLO-OWWA Greece office should ensure that they follow the reminders listed above for a hassle-free membership application. Thus, we encouraged all OFWs to keep their membership active to access the OWWA benefits.
Operating Hours: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, on Monday to Friday except for holidays
Address: 1st Floor, Fhtiotidos St., Ambelokipi 11523 Athens, Greece
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
POLO- +30 210 698 3335
OWWA- +30 210 698 2871
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/owwa.cares.77, https://facebook.com/PHLinGreece
Google Map Location
Please see the map guide to the location of POLO-OWWA Athens. Again, for Pinoys in Cyprus, you may also refer to the POLO Athens office for inquiries.