Whether looking for job opportunities abroad or applying for Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC), the POEA Online Processing System for Balik-Manggagawa (POPS-BaM) will deliver. POEA launched POPS-BaM to replace the old BM online processing system, allowing vacationing OFWs to get their OEC online. If searching for job offers abroad, POPS-BaM is also a go-to platform for Filipino workers who wish to work overseas, protecting OFWs from illegal recruitment and human trafficking.
The portal aims to provide fast and convenient online transactions, from obtaining OEC to submitting job applications online. Moreover, the portal is a program that intends to share data with relevant government and recruitment agencies, making it easier to validate the documents and credentials of OFWs and ensure they qualify for job applications. So if you’re wondering what and how to use the portal, read our in-depth guide on POEA Online Processing System for Balik-Manggagawa (POPS-BaM).
What is POPS-BaM?
POPS-BaM stands for POEA Online Processing System for Balik-Manggagawa, a new system enabling OFWs to secure their Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) online. This portal was launched on June 30, 2021, by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) or now called the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW), which replaced the old Balik-Manggagawa (BM) online system. Through POPS-BaM, returning OFWs no longer have to go to the designated Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in their host country or DMW offices in the Philippines to process their OEC.
This online service is for OFWs vacationing in the Philippines who will return to the same employer and job site with an existing DMW record. POPS-BaM aims to offer convenient online services to OFWs, especially to those processing their OEC, which is an exit clearance required before departing the Philippines for overseas employment. Furthermore, it is accessible to foreign employers, recruitment agencies, and other government agencies managing overseas employment programs. But job seekers should register a POPS-BaM account to avail of the online services.
Apart from the convenience of securing an OEC online, POPS-BaM offers other online services that will surely benefit OFWs and other Filipino workers aspiring to work abroad. Here are the following services you can use by creating a POPS-BaM account:
- The portal is available 24/7.
- Vacationing OFWs can get an exemption and their OEC online thru POPS-BaM, given they are returning to the same employer and job site and has an existing DMW record.
- Filipino workers and other OFWs searching for new job opportunities will benefit from the Online Jobfair offered via POPS-BaM, featuring ongoing and upcoming jobfair.
- Job seekers can also submit their job applications online thru the portal.
- POPS-BaM account users can create an online profile and resume containing their education, experience, and documents.
- The portal also serves as an online appointment system that allows users to use EPS Schedule or Schedule a visit to POEA for a fast and hassle-free transaction.
- POPS-BaM also features a DMW Helpdesk, where you can create and inquire about a ticket regarding their concern or find their old BM records.
- Users can also access overseas employment information, file requests for principal’s registration, apply for agency licenses, pay processing fees, and validate transaction status.
Since POPS-BaM offers online services, the portal is open to all OFWs and Filipino workers who wish to work abroad. However, users should only create one (1) e-Registration account. If the user has new or multiple accounts, it may affect their record history and delay contract processing. So if the user entered the wrong information, file a ticket thru the POPS-BaM helpdesk system instead. Also, note that contract information depends on the provided details on the POPS-BaM account. Thus, users should ensure their details are all true and correct.
If you wish to use the new POPS-BaM system, create an e-Registration account. All you need is a valid and active email address since this is where you’ll receive the temporary password to log in to your POPS-BaM account. Also, prepare your passport for registration. Once registered, you can attach your passport and profile picture to the portal. Then, complete your account details to use the services the portal features.
How to Register on POPS-BaM Online
As stated earlier, OFWs and Filipino workers dreaming of working abroad should register an account on POPS-BaM. To do so, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit and register on POPS-BaM.
Register a POPS-BaM account thru this link: https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph/OnlineServices/POEAOnline.aspx.
Click Let’s Go and Register on the e-Registration section and accept the term of use to proceed.
Step 2: Fill out the New Account Registration.
On the New Account Registration page, read the reminder and warning. Next, enter the following details that appear the same in your passport:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Suffix Name (If applicable)
- Email Address (Username)
- Birth Date
Click the Register button. Then, review the details you have provided before clicking the Yes button.
Step 3: Check your email for the temporary password.
On the next screen, a prompt will appear indicating that the account creation was successful. Copy and save your e-Registration number and click the Home button.
Go to your email and check the temporary password to log in to your POPS-BaM account (see photo above).
Step 4: Log in to your POPS-BaM account.
Return to POPS-BaM, log in to your account, and click Let’s Go. Provide your email address and click the Next button. Next, enter the temporary password and click the login button.
A prompt screen will appear, asking you to change your password (see photo above). Read the reminders before you enter a new password and click the Change Password button.
Finally, you have registered a POPS-BaM account. You can now input your Pagibig ID, profile picture, and copy of your valid passport. Also, don’t forget to complete your account details to access the online services on the portal.
What is BM Online?
Balik-Manggagawa (BM) is an online processing system replaced by POPS-BaM. It’s the old portal where vacationing OFWs returning to the same employer and job site can secure their OEC online.
Like POPS-BaM, BM online allows returning OFWs to get an exemption and OEC without visiting POLO offices in their host country or DMW offices in the Philippines. But since POPS-BaM replaced it on June 30, 2021, the BM Online processing system is no longer functional.
How to Transfer Old BM Records to POPS-BaM
Meanwhile, OFWs can transfer their old BM records to POPS-BaM. The user can create an e-Registration account. Then, old BM records will be transferred automatically to their new account within 2 to 6 hours. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the POPS-BaM website.
- Click Transfer Old BM records under DMW Helpdesk.
- Read the reminders.
- Next, fill out the required fields.
- Review the details you have entered and click the Find Record button.
Please take note of the following reminders when using the POPS-BaM website:
- POPS-BaM replaced the old BM online system on June 30, 2021.
- BM online users should register a POPs-BaM account before transferring their old records.
- The portal is open to land-based and sea-based OFWs and Filipino workers dreaming of working overseas.
- Users should complete their profile details to access the online services via POPS-BaM.
- If creating a new account, provide a valid and active email address when registering a POPS-BaM account to receive the temporary password for login.
- The user should file a concern ticket on the portal DMW helpdesk section if there’s wrong information or did not receive the confirmation email with the temporary password.
- The details provided on the POPS-BaM account should match the data on the user’s passport.
- Vacationing OFWs can use POPS-BaM to get an exemption and OEC online, given they are returning to the same job site and employer with an existing DMW record.
- It will take 2 to 6 hours to transfer old BM records to a newly registered POPS-BaM account. If 6 hours have passed, use the facility under the DMW Helpdesk section on the portal and transfer your old BM records.
- One (1) OFW should only create one (1) POPS-BaM account.
- Creating a new POPS-BaM account will affect the worker’s records and contract processing.
- Remember, providing wrong information or creating multiple accounts may result in the cancelation of the privilege to use the POPS-BaM website or disqualification for POEA processing.
Video: PAANO GUMAWA NG POPSBAM ACCOUNT | POEA NEW WEBSITE.
To learn more about POEA Online Processing System for Balik-Manggagawa (POPS-BaM), please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, users no longer have to log in to their old BM account to transfer their records on POPS-BaM. The process is made easy by finding old BM Records via the POPS-BaM website. Transfer your details by entering the e-Registration number of your POPS-BaM account if there’s a record. But before that, you have to register a new POPS-BaM account to get an e-Registration number. Afterward, enter the e-Registration number to transfer your old BM records to your newly registered POPS-BaM account.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the meaning of POPS-BaM?
POPS-BaM means POEA Online Processing System for Balik-Manggagawa, a new portal launched to replace the old BM online system.
How to use POPS-BaM?
To use POPS-BaM, OFWs and Filipino job seekers should create an e-Registration account thru this link: https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph/OnlineServices/POEAOnline.aspx. After creating an account, you can continue using the online services on POPS-BaM.
How to create a POPS-BaM account?
To create a POPS-BaM account, you need a valid and active email address to register an account. Also, prepare your passport since the details you will provide on your account should match. Fill out the required fields on the registration and check your email to get the temporary password for login. Next, return to POPS-BaM and log in to your account using the temporary password. Then, change your password and log in to your account.
The POEA Online Processing System for Balik-Manggagawa (POPS-BaM) is a functional platform connecting OFWs, Filipino job seekers, employers, recruitment agencies, and government agencies.
This portal makes it possible to access online services, such as securing an OEC and applying for jobs overseas. Thus, OFWs and Filipino workers should utilize POPS-BaM for convenience and get better job opportunities abroad.