If you’re an OFW in Palestine looking for ways to renew your OWWA membership, you’re in the right place. This article is also for OFWs who have acquired employment in Palestine via a visit visa since we encourage them to apply voluntarily for OWWA membership to access varying benefits. We also added the contact details of relevant offices that can assist you in processing your OWWA membership. So keep reading to learn how to process OWWA membership in Palestine.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is a government agency established in 1977. It’s an attached agency of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), mandated to promote the welfare and ensure the safety of Overseas Filipinos Workers (OFWs) and their dependents. And through the membership program offered by OWWA, qualified OFWs and their dependents can enjoy varying services and support, from educational training, scholarship, and livelihood programs.
The agency also assists distressed OFWs by providing them with financial or legal aid, especially for those suffering from maltreatment. But most of all, OWWA serve as OFWs’ insurance, providing them medical, disability, calamity, death, and burial benefits. With that said, OFWs in Palestine should always ensure their OWWA membership is active to enjoy OWWA benefits.
If you’re renewing or applying for OWWA membership in Palestine, here are the primary documentary requirements you should secure for the evaluation:
- Duly-accomplished OWWA Information Sheet.
- Original and copy of valid Philippine passport (showing data page)
- Copy of the Employment Contract or any of the following proof of employment:
- Certificate of Employment
- Company ID
- Copy of latest payslip
- Work or residence permit
- Other relevant documents proving continuous employment abroad
- OWWA Membership fee of US$25.00 converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate.
Whether you’re new or a returning OFW, the OWWA membership will benefit you and your family, especially if you have dependents studying. However, not all OFWs can become members since OWWA has imposed qualification criteria that its members should meet and maintain. OWWA requires its members to have active and continuous work and are “legal” or “documented” workers with valid work permits and visas.
Furthermore, OFWs who have acquired permanent residency status in foreign countries are eligible for OWWA membership. On this condition, they remain Filipino citizens with full-time or permanent employment. On the contrary, individuals who cannot meet the qualification criteria are not eligible to apply for or renew their OWWA membership, including employees:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Palestine
As of writing, an online appointment for OWWA membership application doesn’t exist in Palestine. This country also doesn’t have a designated POLO. Meanwhile, the Philippine Embassy and POLO Jordan conduct Consular Outreach Missions in Palestine, which may require an appointment. Thus, OFWs in Palestine may contact these offices for more information on OWWA membership.
In addition, OFWs may book an appointment with DMW or OWWA Regional office to process their OWWA membership if vacationing in the Philippines. Some OWWA Regional offices may also accept walk-ins. So ensure to contact them ahead of your visit and confirm if an appointment is necessary.
Applying for OWWA membership in Palestine
Based on the official website of the Philippine Embassy in Jordan, they conduct a Consular Outreach Mission in the State of Palestine with the assistance of POLO Jordan. So OFWs who wish to process their OWWA membership on-site may contact their offices to inquire regarding the upcoming Consular Outreach Mission in Palestine.
If vacationing in the Philippines soon, OFWs may process their OWWA membership at DMW or OWWA Regional office. Just book an appointment ahead of your visit. But for a more convenient application process, we advise OFWs in Palestine to renew their membership via OWWA mobile app.
Paying OWWA Membership in Palestine
Since OFWs in Palestine may process their OWWA membership through Consular Outreach Mission, the OWWA membership fee is also payable on-site once qualified. The same goes if processing with DMW or OWWA Regional office. You can also pay the OWWA membership fee on-site and same day you applied.
Nonetheless, the OWWA mobile app is for OFWs renewing their OWWA membership. Through this app, you can renew your OWWA membership online. You can also pay the OWWA membership fee via an online bank, e-wallet, or over-the-counter payment centers. But if you’re not in the Philippines, you can ask your relatives to pay the contribution fee. Just provide the generated reference number on your transaction.
Step-by-step process of Paying the OWWA membership
Via Consular Outreach Mission (Philippine Embassy & POLO Jordan)
- Contact the Philippine Embassy and POLO Jordan.
- Inquire regarding the upcoming schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission in Palestine.
- Book an appointment for on-site OWWA membership registration and renewal.
- Print or take a screenshot of the confirmed appointment schedule sent to your email.
- Complete the documentary requirements for application.
- Visit the designated application site on the day of your appointment.
- Submit your documentary requirements for evaluation.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee and claim the official receipt of your payment.
Via OWWA mobile app
- Download the OWWA mobile app on your device.
- Register an account. Also, provide an active email as it’s where you’ll receive your temporary login details.
- Check your email and copy the login details.
- Return to the OWWA mobile app and enter the login details sent to your email.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click the Information button at the lower tab.
- Next, you’ll see your membership status, if active or inactive.
- If inactive, click Renew Membership Here and accept the Terms of Service.
- Double-check or update your employment details if necessary. Then, click Submit.
- On the LandBank payment portal page, click Payment Option and choose your preferred payment method.
- Copy the Reference Number and follow the payment instructions to pay the OWWA membership fee.
- Then, take a screenshot of your transaction or the provided electronic receipt.
Reminders for OWWA Membership in Palestine
If you wish to process your OWWA membership in Palestine, please take note of the following reminders:
- As of writing, there is no designated POLO in Palestine, while the nearest office is in Amman, Jordan.
- OFWs in Palestine may process their OWWA membership via Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
- OFWs visiting the Embassy or any government office should wear proper attire. Applicants wearing strictly prohibited outfits, including sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers, won’t be allowed to enter the premise.
- OFWs processing OWWA membership on-site should bring proof of confirmed appointment schedule, a Covid-19 vaccination card, or a Negative RT-PCR test took 48 hours from the visit.
- OFWs in Palestine may contact their agency and the Philippine Embassy and POLO in Jordan for inquiries and assistance on OWWA membership applications. Also, you may check their official websites and Facebook pages for the latest announcements.
1. How to book an appointment with OWWA in Palestine?
As of writing, Palestine doesn’t have an online appointment system for OWWA membership.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Palestine?
You may renew your OWWA membership in Palestine through Consular Outreach Mission, OWWA mobile app, DMW, or OWWA Regional office.
3. How to renew OWWA membership online?
Download and register an account on OWWA mobile app to renew your OWWA membership online.
4. How much is OWWA membership in Palestine?
The OWWA membership fee in Palestine is US$25.00 or converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate.
5. Can I pay for the OWWA membership online?
You can pay for the OWWA membership online on OWWA mobile app via an online bank or e-wallet.
6. How long is OWWA membership valid?
OWWA membership is valid for two years.
7. Why my OWWA membership is inactive?
The OWWA membership becomes inactive if the two-year validity has passed or you’ve changed employers.
8. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
OWWA membership is mandatory if processing employment at DMW.
9. Are all OFW member of OWWA?
Not all OFW since OWWA has since OWWA has qualification criteria applicants should meet.
10. Who can avail of OWWA benefits?
OWWA benefits are available to active members, while inactive members can only access limited benefits.
Video: HOW TO CHECK OWWA MEMBERSHIP AND TOTAL CONTRIBUTION? DOWNLOAD AND CREATE AN ACCOUNT IN OWWA APPS
For more information on OWWA membership, please watch the video below:
As stated in the video, OFWs may check their membership status by downloading and signing up for an account on OWWA mobile app. There’s also a list of OWWA benefits that members can access in the app and the employment details. So if you don’t have the app yet, download it now to learn more about OWWA membership.
Overall, the OWWA membership is essential for OFWs and their dependents as it ensures access to different services, programs, and support. In addition, we encourage OFWs to process their membership via OWWA mobile app for convenience.
But since there’s limited information online regarding the OWWA membership application process, we advise OFWs in Palestine to contact the relevant offices for further details.
Philippine Embassy in Amman, Jordan
Operating Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Plot no 2488, Block no. 15 Kharbit Al Sweifeh, Building no 20, Salah Touqan Street, Amman, Jordan
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/PHLinJordan/
Telephone Number: +962 6 590 1730
Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, Sunday to Monday
Address: Building No. 3 Al Shoula Street (behind Taj Mall, beside Huthayfah Ibn Al Yaman Mosque), Abdoun, Amman, Jordan
Facebook Pages: https://web.facebook.com/PhilippineOverseas-Labor-Office-Jordan-108092100755636
Telephone Numbers: Office of the Labor Attaché- +962 6 593 038564, OWWA- +962 6 593 0385