Filipino overseas workers based in Spain can head to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Calle Serrano 161, Planta Baja, Madrid in order to renew their OWWA membership. Prior to your visit, it is important that you schedule your appointment. You may submit your requirements and pay for your OWWA to keep it active on the day of your appearance.
Also Read: Directory: POLO-OWWA Offices Overseas
The POLO Madrid office has created an online appointment system where you can enter your details and book a schedule for your visit. This is required so that you may visit the POLO office to renew your policy or inquire about other initiatives and programs. Go through the steps in this article if you want to learn how to make an appointment.
For OFWs based in Madrid, Spain, acquiring an OWWA membership is essential to claim the benefits provided by the institution to its active members and their dependents.
While other OFWs don’t have an OWWA membership or with membership expiring soon, you can always ensure that you’re part of the institution by processing your membership application. That’s why in this article, we’ve created a guide to making an OWWA appointment for membership in Madrid, Spain.
For OFWs based in Madrid, Spain, who wish to apply or renew their OWWA membership should comply with the following requirements listed below, including:
- Book an appointment at https://www.philembassymadrid.com/
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Visa validity exceeding 90 days
- Original and photocopy of passport (showing the data page)
- Photocopy of POLO Verified Employment Contract
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Employment
- Photocopy of Valid Work or Residence Permit
- Photocopy of Proof of Employment
- 1 2×2 colored ID picture with white background (For new members)
- OFWs must present a letter of certification from the employer or company, verifying that they are not on the list of terminated, resigned, canceled, or employees due for termination.
- OWWA Membership fee of $25 converted to local currency
- Personal appearance only
The membership offered by OWWA is granted to all OFWs as long as they submit the requirements stated above and only accepts members who are actively and continuously working. In addition, OWWA requires its members to be “legal” or “documented” worker listed under POEA with valid work permits and visas.
The institutions also accept OFWs who have obtained permanent residency status in foreign countries and remain Filipino citizens. Thus, all OFWs who have met the member’s qualification criteria can apply or renew their OWWA membership. And for OFWs who are not yet legal workers, it is advised to document your employment so that you can avail of the benefits provided by OWWA.
Nonetheless, considering that the institution only accepts actively and continuously working OFWs, the following individuals are not qualified to apply or renew their membership, including:
- Due for termination
- Due for cancellation
- No work, No pay
Booking an OWWA Appointment in Madrid
Whether it is your first time applying or you’re renewing OWWA membership, it is required to book an appointment before planning to visit the POLO-OWWA Madrid office. And due to the global health crisis, we are facing today, it is essential to make an appointment to ensure that you can process your OWWA membership application on the day of your visit. So make sure that you’ve booked an appointment and take a screenshot of the booking confirmation sent in your email.
Also, the Philippine Embassy in Madrid conducts announced outreach, providing consular services and POLO-OWWA services to OFWs in the chosen area. However, it is still required to book an appointment if you’re planning to partake in outreach services as they only entertain OFWs with confirmed appointments. For more updates on POLO-OWWA Madrid outreach schedules, check the Philippine Embassy in Madrid’s official Facebook page at https://facebook.com/PHinSpain.
Step by step how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment
To apply or renew your membership, follow the steps below on how to set up an appointment for OWWA payment at the POLO-OWWA Madrid office:
- Visit the Philippine Embassy in Madrid’s official website at https://www.philembassymadrid.com/.
- On the left side of the homepage, look for “Passport & Visa New”.
- Next, click “Consular and Labor Services Appointments”.
- On the “Appointments” page, choose “POLO – Madrid” on the “Location”.
- Click “POLO” on the “Service”.
- Click “Queue 1” on the “Worker”.
- Select your preferred date on the calendar. If the chosen date has no time slot list or shown “Please select another day, pick another date.
- Then, choose a time slot on the list below the calendar. If the time slot is in clear boxes and is in red, it is available. While time slots in grey boxes and are in black are already booked.
- After selecting a time slot, it will turn from clear to green. You can now proceed in entering your “Personal Information”, including Full Name, Gender, Passport Number, Email, and Mobile Number.
- Click the “Booking Overview” to thoroughly check your appointment details.
- Check the “I agree with terms and conditions” and click Submit”.
- Lastly, go to your email and screenshot the appointment booking confirmation.
Paying OWWA Membership at POLO-OWWA office in Madrid
Once you have a confirmed appointment booking with the POLO-OWWA Madrid office, you can directly pay the OWWA membership fee on the day of your appointment. However, you must secure all the needed requirements and fill out the forms since individuals submitting incomplete requirements will not be handled by the officer in charge.
Step by step process of paying the OWWA membership
To pay for the OWWA membership fee, follow the steps below to proceed with your membership application:
- Visit the POLO-OWWA Madrid office on the day of your appointment.
- Present to the security officer your appointment booking confirmation.
- Go to the OWWA counter and submit your documents for verification.
- Pay the OWWA membership fee of $25 converted to local currency. Claim your official receipt, and you are now an active member of OWWA.
Reminders during the Day of Appointment in OWWA Madrid, Spain
- Ensure that your requirements are complete, duly accomplished, and contain accurate details. If you have submitted incomplete requirements, your OWWA membership application will not be processed by the officer in charge.
- Don’t forget to take a screenshot of your appointment booking confirmation, as you have to present it to the security officer at the gate to enter the POLO-OWWA Madrid office.
- OFWs visiting the POLO-OWWA Madrid office should wear proper attire or smart casual. Since you’re conducting business at a government office, it is strictly prohibited to wear sleeveless or tank tops, sando, shorts, miniskirts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- OFWs should follow the safety protocols by wearing a face mask at all times and maintaining a two-meter distance from other individuals.
- For the latest updates on OWWA membership, check the Philippine Embassy in Milan official Facebook page https://web.facebook.com/PHinSpain and official website at https://www.philembassymadrid.com/.
Video: OWWA Membership in Madrid
For more details on OWWA Membership in Madrid, Spain, please watch the video below:
As discussed in the video, it is required to book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA Madrid office to conduct business. You can also watch a brief overview to get to the POLO-OWWA Madrid office. Their premise performs safety procedures before you get in, so make sure to follow them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out the following questions and answers about the OWWA membership process in Madrid:
1. How do I renew my OWWA membership in Madrid?
To renew your OWWA membership in Madrid, you must secure all the requirements and go to the POLO-OWWA Madrid office to process your membership application.
2. How do I renew my OWWA membership online?
If you prefer not to visit the POLO-OWWA Madrid office due to safety concerns, you can download the OWWA mobile app on your smart device. Then, create an account. On the homepage, click “Renew Membership Here!”, Afterward, pay the membership fee, and your OWWA membership will automatically be renewed.
3. Can I pay the OWWA membership without going to POLO-OWWA Madrid?
Yes, you can pay the OWWA membership without going to the POLO-OWWA Madrid office. Once you download the OWWA mobile app and renew your membership in-app, you can pay the OWWA membership online through banks or e-wallet. Also, you can let your relatives in the Philippines pay for the membership fee at the nearest OWWA Regional office or other payment centers by providing them with the transaction code that you can generate in the app.
4. Do I need to book an appointment with OWWA Madrid?
Yes, OWWA Madrid requires OFWs to book an appointment since the threat of covid-19 is still present.
5. How do I know if I am an OWWA member?
You can know if you’re an OWWA member by checking the date on the official receipt or via the OWWA mobile app, which will indicate if your membership is “Active” or “Inactive”.
6. How much does OWWA membership cost in Madrid?
The OWWA membership fee in Madrid is $25 converted to local currency based on the foreign exchange rate.
7. How long is the OWWA membership validity?
The OWWA membership comes with two-year validity. However, your OWWA membership will be inactive if your work visa has expired or you’ve changed an employer without exceeding the two-year validity. It is due to the OWWA membership being only valid for two years under the same employer listed during the membership application.
8. What are the benefits of OWWA membership?
OFWs who are members of OWWA can avail varying supports and programs, such as Education and Training Benefits, Workers Welfare Assistance Program, Repatriation Program, and Reintegration Program.
9. Who can avail of the benefits of OWWA?
The benefits provided by the institution are available by active OWWA members and their dependents. Thus, it is essential to keep your OWWA membership to avail of their services and programs.
10. Where can I download the OWWA membership form?
You can download the OWWA membership form at https://drive.google.com/file/d/14h7NswuhknBdGNIX7-2oGfP0StdrlWhJ/view.
11. Is OWWA membership mandatory?
Yes, OWWA membership is mandatory for OFWs, ensuring support despite working in foreign countries. However, not all OFWs can be OWWA members as they have to be documented workers, meet the qualifications criteria for members, and submit the requirements asked by OWWA.
12. How can I have an OWWA account?
If you don’t have an OWWA account yet, download the OWWA mobile app. Once you’ve installed it on your mobile device, proceed to sign up to create an OWWA account.
To sum up, OFWs in Madrid, Spain, who wish to have an OWWA appointment for membership can easily do so by following the steps on this guide. Furthermore, the POLO-OWWA Madrid office also encourages OFWs to acquire other services online to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Thus, if you’re an OFW in Madrid, Spain, you can book an appointment with the POLO-OWWA office at least a month or two before your membership expires to ensure an active OWWA membership status.
Operating Hours: 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
Address: Calle Serrano 161, Planta Baja, 28002 Madrid
Telephone Number: 917-818-626, 915-776-755, 600-307-988, 604-348-154
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/PHinSpain
Google Map Location
Below is a map guide to the location of the POLO-OWWA office in Spain-Madrid: